Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My crazy week with H1N1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My crazy week with H1N1
    Posted: 24 October 2009 at 2:27am
Day 1
Tired body with a mild irritation in the throat.
I had assumed it was allergies due to a change in weather (went to the mall anyway, good luck all who was there kthxbye)

Day 2
Extreme body fatigue with mild throat irritation and copious amounts of sinus drainage.
These symptoms continued throughout the day without cessation.

12am of Day 3
Severe anal discharge mostly watery in nature.
laid back down for sleep
1am...2am...3am...4am...
More severe anal discharge, I swear my sphincter was dry heaving by 5am.

Later Day 3
Vomit.
Body growing weaker by the hour. Still dripping from the nose. Oddly enough, my throat stopped hurting.

Night of Day 3
After I had gotten 2ish hours of very painful sleep I awoke feeling a strong need for meds. I staggard up the stairs only to be drenched in sweat, I couldnt breath and my heart was racing. Near passing out I almost fall back down the stairs only to find myself back in bed seconds later. This half conscious daze lasts until late Day 4.

9ish pm Day 4
Midway through a movie (The Perfect Storm I believe, retarded movie) on AMC I regain some consciousness and memories through certain events. In fact my body felt as though it was getting better. I slept through the night well and under light medication.

Day 5
I wake with an amazingly powerful sore throat but my sinuses have stopped draining. I feel almost refreshed, but still pretty ill. My throat feels better throughout the day, unfortunately I gain a pretty nasty cough in my body's desperate bid to remove whatever phlem from my saturated lungs.

Day 6
I expect to make an almost full recovery tomorrow but my throat may take longer to heal.

Try to avoid this crap people, sure it didnt last as long as the actual flu (which I have had before) but it was still pretty nasty, and its super contagious.

Edited by Monk - 24 October 2009 at 2:29am
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 2:33am
I had it...

Had a fever for about 3 days.  No vomiting or "anal discharge".  Really didn't feel to bad.  Was no big deal for me.  The cough has lasted over 2 weeks though.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 2:42am
I have had pneumonia three times. I AIN'T SCURRED 

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 3:25am
some people react differently. I've had the flu so many times at this point, I just get a fever and go to work the next day.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 12:00pm
With my superhero immune system, in the 26 years that I've been on earth, despite having worked in a germ infested school, I've never had the flu.

Nor have I had a flu shot....yeah, I'm that awesome.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 12:08pm
Wanna hear something gay?

Have the flu.

Also got a flu shot.

What was the point?  Also, missed our second to last race of the season, and will miss about a week of practice all told, most likely. So mad.
BU Engineering 2012
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 12:58pm

Nice use of the word gay...

I ♣ hippies.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

Please excuse my political incorrectness.

Related note: I crack up when gay people use the term "straight" derogatively.  It's HILARIOUS.

*EDIT* Also, don't criticize me, I'm sick.

Edited by ParielIsBack - 24 October 2009 at 1:31pm
BU Engineering 2012
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Please excuse my political incorrectness. Related note: I crack up when gay people use the term "straight" derogatively.  It's HILARIOUS.*EDIT* Also, don't criticize me, I'm sick.

Yeah..that happens all the time......
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Please excuse my political incorrectness. Related note: I crack up when gay people use the term "straight" derogatively.  It's HILARIOUS.*EDIT* Also, don't criticize me, I'm sick.

Actually, yes.  I had a number of gay female friends in high school who used it regularly.  Most of whom had dated my brother at some point, for some strange reason.

Edited by ParielIsBack - 24 October 2009 at 5:07pm
BU Engineering 2012
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 5:22pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Actually, yes.  I had a number of gay female friends in high school who used it regularly.  Most of whom had dated my brother at some point, for some strange reason.
Most all my gay friends just continue to use gay and call each other **edited**s. Its all as a big joke obviously.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 6:41pm
Yeah? Well they're all gay.

/Lulz.
BU Engineering 2012
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 6:43pm
Day 7: Bear flu contracted. Al Gore's head explodes.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 11:51pm
I remember you stating that you thought H1N1 was no biggie..
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 11:48am
I've had some pretty nasty cases of the flu over the years so I know what all of those days feel like and they all pretty much suck. I haven't had the flu in many years but it has been replaced with seasonal allergies which also suck pretty hardcore at times. Lately my allergies haven't been as bad though and I seem to be fighting things off pretty well. My sister, my girlfriend, and my roommate at school were/are all sick and I haven't shown any signs of illness yet other than a mild cough at one point. Although, my allergies usually hit me like a freight train around now so I consider that a win.

My thoughts on H1N1....COME GET SOME FOO!
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 4:07pm
Wow sounds like fun man.  So your recovering from this garbage you say?
Dunbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 2:23pm
Health department closed down all schools in our county and due to the fact that I have never had the flu since I was 8 it was practically a free vacation. Woot!
If it's not my problem I'm making it my problem
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 3:44pm
SWINE
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 3:51pm
FLU
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 4:02pm
have it as well. it sucks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic