Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You old people taking your naievety to Facebook...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You old people taking your naievety to Facebook...
    Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:41pm
Seeing as I work with mostly adults,  I have a few of them as friends on Facebook (regrettably?) and for those of us with parents who discovered e-mail a few years back, they also successfully brought upon the reemergence of the chain letter and now it has translated over to Facebook.  Except now its taken on the life of dumb things like Farmtown and YoVille and all the other stupid crap that no one cares about, I can't go a day without getting some silly request for some Facebook application or thing like that.

So, stay off my internets, adults.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:44pm
I friggin agree.

My father and all his old friends do that crap.
Que pasa?

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:49pm
Lol at online social networking
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by God God wrote:

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:52pm
I joined facebook way back when it was just college students.....before it was 'the cool thing to do'

Now.....ugh.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:55pm
My mom and most of my family are on Facebook...it's why I keep Facebok to 6 or 7 of my cleaner friends, and most of my foul mouthed conversation is kept to Myspace. Really I only use Facebook for family.

And yeah..Farmville and Yoville can kiss my ass. I don't care if you found a virtual sheep, perv.

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I joined facebook way back when it was just college students.....before it was 'the cool thing to do'

Now.....ugh.

Also, I used to play farmville.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 1:57pm

Now.....ugh.

I suppose I'll agree with this.

Though a few of the people I keep in touch with are dumdums that don't have .edu addresses so wouldn't be on there.
Que pasa?

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 2:44pm

Why? It's pretty useful.

But I do hate this farmville and mafia wars crap. And it's only the adults that do it. It's like they turn into an idiot as soon as they get on facebook.

Edited by scotchyscotch - 22 October 2009 at 2:46pm
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 3:02pm
I love me some Facebook.

I honestly think it has become one of the more powerful structure on the Internet.

It is the shining jewel on top of the new social media crown. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 3:07pm
I just wonder why people who DONT use this stuff think they're so much cooler than me because I do.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 3:12pm

Now.....ugh.

This...

The only thing I use facebook for is writing the occasional post on people's walls, and for an epic picture storage database (best idea ever facebook...killed all other picture sites)

jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 3:12pm
I use facebook all the time. Its simple and easy to use. As for apps, "ignore all" solves all problems. The only thing I do is Pro Football Picks, but thats just with a group of friends.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 3:26pm

I joined facebook way back when it was just college students.....before it was 'the cool thing to do' Now.....ugh.

Exactly, now it's just a smidgen better than myspace, but hardly. I joined it as a way to keep in touch when I moved, to organize events, and super easily share photos of hanging out, etc.

It should have stayed like that.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:06pm

I just wonder why people who DONT use this stuff think they're so much cooler than me because I do.

QFT
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:19pm
Uh it CAN stay like that. You can just ignore or block anything you don't want to see. It really is so simple even you children can do it.

Some of the game apps are stupid, some are a cute way to spend a coffee break. What I don't get are those people who PAY for stuff in Facebook games.

But seriously, is this a reason to rant, on an online paintball forum of all things? Take a deep breath and think about the priorities in your life quick. And if you still want to boycott Facebook, then go ahead.

KBK   
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:28pm

Just because you can watch everybody, hear their thoughts and prayers and control their very destiny doesn't mean you need to be all high and almighty on us.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Just because you can watch everybody, hear their thoughts and prayers and control their very destiny doesn't mean you need to be all high and almighty on us.

Also, stop watching me naked in the shower. Thank you.
BU Engineering 2012
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:37pm
My inbox is CONSTANTLY clogged with spam-chain-mails of the dumbest stuff from my mom/dad/aunts/uncles.  Now that they're retired they spend their free time spamming my mailbox, and I can't even block their address because occassionally they send me real emails. 
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

My inbox is CONSTANTLY clogged with spam-chain-mails of the dumbest stuff from my mom/dad/aunts/uncles.  Now that they're retired they spend their free time spamming my mailbox, and I can't even block their address because occassionally they send me real emails. 

Me too...lol...

I tend to not respond.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic