FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FE! COMRADE OBAMA ATTACKS FOX NEWS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FE! COMRADE OBAMA ATTACKS FOX NEWS!!!
    Posted: 19 October 2009 at 8:10am
ZOMG! Its only a matter of time before the Obama Secret Police bomb fox news!

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 8:24am
The whole thing seems really petty. That's all I can really say about it.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:07am

It is pretty obvious to anyone who pays attention that this White house is controlling the major media (with the exception of fox news). If you don't believe it watch Dunn in her own words admit to it. So it is no wonder that they are going after Fox news and trying to diminish their power with the people who want news, instead of spin.

I also thought this was interesting on the same topic...

So if your liberal, and you only see things through a liberal slant, does that mean you are "non" biased?...

ONE CBS person in 10 years was not a liberal... Wow... Sounds "fair and balanced", NOT. 

They tremble at my name...
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:15am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

It is pretty obvious to anyone who pays attention that this White house is controlling the major media (with the exception of fox news). If you don't believe it watch Dunn in her own words admit to it. So it is no wonder that they are going after Fox news and trying to diminish their power with the people who want news, instead of spin.

QFT
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry it’s Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:45am
lolol
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:55am

So it is no wonder that they are going after Fox news and trying to diminish their power with the people who want news, instead of spin.

At least you are committed.

To trolling; not to any sort of collective, intellectual discourse or anything. That would be silly.

Edited by Gatyr - 19 October 2009 at 9:56am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:14am
Yes, because you calling me names instead of refuting the facts I am presenting makes your case so clear...

Why don't you try and use some news articles to back up your opinion... Or even post an opinion of the topic at hand? The name calling is old, and tired. And to make post after post saying nothing except to namecall someone just points out your inability to discuss the topic at hand.

I will demonstrate proper form for you to see my point.

Post a news article that has thoughts you agree with.

Then pull out the pertinent articles of fact or opinion that are relevant to the topic at hand, and put them in quotes.

"Bennett expressed outrage that Dunn told an audience of high school students this year that Mao Tse-tung, the founder of communist China, was one of "my favorite political philosophers."

"Having the spokesman do this, attack Fox, who says that Mao Zedong is one of the most influential figures in her life, was not…a small thing; it's a big thing," Bennett said on CNN. "When she stands up, in a speech to high school kids, says she's deeply influenced by Mao Zedong, that -- I mean, that is crazy."

Fox News contributor Karl Rove, who was the top political strategist to former President George W. Bush, said: "This is an administration that's getting very arrogant and slippery in its dealings with people. And if you dare to oppose them, they're going to come hard at you and they're going to cut your legs off."

"This is a White House engaging in its own version of the media enemies list. And it's unhelpful for the country and undignified for the president of the United States to so do," Rove added. "That is over- the-top language. We heard that before from Richard Nixon."

Media columnist David Carr of the New York Times warned that the White House war on Fox "may present a genuine problem for Mr. Obama, who took great pains during the campaign to depict himself as being above the fray of over-heated partisan squabbling.""

I think there is a serious credibility issue with this white house. Based on their "controlling" of the media. And the fact that we all can see that the media is in the tank for him, and based on polls helped get him elected.

While they are shoving things like health care down our throats when we don't want their version. And the way they push the media to support it lock stock and barrel. It reduces the major media outlets to just arms of the white house.

I wonder if fox news will be one of the outlets "bailed out" by the administration... Of course not. Still fail to see the bias?...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:19am

I find it funny that you guys on here think the white house putting a gag order on Insurance companies talking TO THEIR OWN customers... is OK...

WSJ had a good article on this.

Good thing the media largely ignored this story... except fox news...
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:27am

When someone posts facts that prove you wrong, you never acknowledge their posts anyways.

Furthermore, posting news articles to prove the validity/invalidity of the news media does not constitute a proper source. Epecially not if that article is from Fox News itself.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:32am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

When someone posts facts that prove you wrong, you never acknowledge their posts anyways.

Cry moar...

Furthermore, posting news articles to prove the validity/invalidity of the news media does not constitute a proper source. Epecially not if that article is from Fox News itself.

Waaaa... Please that is just stupid. What "sources" are applicable then? Blogs? written opinion? Polls?...

Seriously...

read up...

slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:35am

Cry moar...

that just shows that you are a blinded idiot
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:41am

Wikipedia is not a reliable source to talk about reliable sources.

Just as you wouldn't trust CNN, MSNBC or whatever to talk of themselves in the same situation, nor would you trust Obama to defend one of his policies with no bias, you shouldn't trust fox news to be a non-biased source on a topic where they would clearly want to defend themselves.

There is going to be a clear element of bias in a statement by a company about themselves. Therefore foxnews does not constitute a valid source in this case (and nor do any competiting news outlets for that matter)

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:41am
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

Cry moar...

that just shows that you are a blinded idiot

And $5. shows up to throw some namecalling... Actually I heard that slackers are getting tired of you disparaging their reputation on this site with your moniker.

And back to the true topic... Even the NYT got on board with this opinion piece. (which was quoted in the fox news piece I earlier posted)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:51am
Even the AP has a story on this... Are you guys saying this didn't happen?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:58am
I have to agree with FE on this administration seeming to have a tendency to misuse political power to further its agenda.  (As evidenced by the WSJ article.)
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 11:09am
Looks to me this is sour grapes by the White House.  The one news organization they can't influence gets the disparaging remarks.  Since Fox News won't follow the White House party line, they'll get punished or "black listed".  They won't get the interviews the other lemming stations will get.  These other stations know what questions they can't ask or topics they can't explore.  Is Fox being excessively belligerent towards the White House, or does it only look that way in comparison with their peers?
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 11:19am
Interesting comparison. Nixon goes after the New York Times for being anti-administration, all the networks get together and dispute this policy. Now we go foward to today, Obama goes after FOX News and the remaining outlets wring thier hands in glee.

Times are changing in our "Free Press".

Anita Dunn White House Communications Director admits White House does not communicate anything unless it is "controlled".

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113347

The White House wants other news agencies to co-operate and marginalize FOX news.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/18/white-house-escalates-war-fox-news-1925819282/

Where are our 1st Amendment defenders now? We have a few involved in the media, and your comments are regarding yout proffesion?

Edited by oldsoldier - 19 October 2009 at 11:45am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 11:41am

Oh, I just realized you guys have no clue about what Glenn Beck did after the attack on fox news...

So I'll put the link above.

That is why the white house should have left Fox alone. See everyday that phone doesn't ring... is another day that the white house loses credibility, as they said over and over that fox news "lies" and yet, now that they have a direct connection to "correct" the mistruthes that fox supposedly promotes... They have nothing to say...

That is probably the best move I have ever seen to slam a group who is trying to spin opinion.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 11:52am
This is the problem with Fox News

"Fox News has put a megaphone to opponents, some of whom have advanced far-fetched theories about the impact of reform. And even farther out on the edge, the network’s most visible star of the moment, Glenn Beck, has said the president has “a deep-seated hatred for white people.”"

If Fox News simply disagreed with policies, and what the administration is doing that would be one thing. They do not though. They use crazy opinions and fear mongering.

Obama Won't seek to arrest Medical pot users

That is putting the name Obama on an article that really has nothing do with him. This is to make people that disagree with medical marijuana disagree with him.

"
The memo written by Deputy Attorney General David Ogden"

""It will not be a priority to use federal resources to prosecute patients with serious illnesses or their caregivers who are complying with state laws on medical marijuana," Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement.

I don't see any Obama quotes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/17/tea-partiers-aim-major-media-outlets

You know those major media outlets that aren't Fox^

Que pasa?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 11:55am
Because I am sure they have someone authroized to actually respond to his nonsense sitting around watching his show.
Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic