FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FE! COMRADE OBAMA ATTACKS FOX NEWS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

And how ACORN was missed by mainstream,

Apparently we are watching different mainstream media then. Because I saw a lot of coverage on that.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:44am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

And how ACORN was missed by mainstream,

Apparently we are watching different mainstream media then. Because I saw a lot of coverage on that.

And sadly you probably believe that... When I watched the whole thing unfold on Fox and checked the major news each day to see what other "major media outlets would cover it".

Instead they tried to attack the people who had made the video... And waited until the Obama administration rightly fired Acorn for their participation in the census before STARTING to cover the story...

It is all chronicled in this news story. The major media got a huge black eye from this story, and your inablity to see that again points out your bias...

"I had a 20-year-old and a 25-year-old and my integrity on the line if we were going to launch this," Mr. Breitbart says. "It was so obvious that the mainstream media, given this information, would not cover it and would, in effect, attempt to cover it up." So he devised an intricate strategy of rolling out the videos one at a time, anticipating Acorn's defenses and rebutting each in turn with the next video.

The first, recorded at Acorn's Baltimore office, appeared Sept. 10 on Fox News Channel and on Mr. Breitbart's new Web site, BigGovernment.com, a group blog that combines reporting and libertarian-leaning polemics. Four more videos followed over the next week. "This plan wasn't just a means to defend against the media's desire to attack the messenger," Mr. Breitbart says. "It was also a means to attack the media and to expose them . . . for the partisan hacks that they are." One need not agree with that harsh characterization to acknowledge that Mr. Breitbart largely succeeded in catching news organizations flat-footed and embarrassing them into reluctantly covering the story.

It was with politics in mind, Mr. Breitbart says, that he chose to release the first Acorn video on Sept. 10, the day after President Obama's speech to a joint session of Congress. His rationale: "I am going to do what John McCain did the day after the Invesco speech," Mr. Obama's address to the Democratic National Convention, by announcing the choice of Sarah Palin. "I am going to suck the air out of the room on the health-care debate. That was intentional."

Mr. Breitbart's work on the story has centered on a sophisticated public-relations campaign. He placed exclusives not only with Fox, but with local newspapers in the cities where the videos were made. On his site, he published the raw videos and complete transcripts, lest he and Mr. O'Keefe be accused of manipulation through editing.

The crux of the strategy was the timing of the video releases. "Every step of the way, we wanted to plant traps" for Acorn and its defenders, he says. The Baltimore video was the first because it was "the most clean-cut of explicating their offer and Acorn's ability to help them with the transaction through their intricate networking of tax assistance and street-level advice-giving on how to avoid the law." Acorn called the video "false and defamatory" and accused Fox of "racist coverage," but also fired the employees who appeared in it.

The video from Washington followed on Sept. 11. Acorn asserted that it was "slanted to misinform the public," although again it swiftly sacked the employees involved.

Acorn also claimed that Mr. O'Keefe and Ms. Giles had been rebuffed in four cities, including New York and San Diego. But on Sept. 14, the New York Post reported that in fact the pair had received offers of help from Acorn's Brooklyn office. "It was like, Bam! You're a liar again," says Mr. Breitbart. Two days later, the San Diego video came out (the employee there reportedly called police two days after the visit, though no police report was filed). In between was the San Bernardino, Calif., video, featuring Tresa Kaelke, who is white. So much for racism.

The Obama administration was quicker than much of the national media in responding to the scandal. On Sept. 11, the Census Bureau announced that it was dumping Acorn as a "partner" in promoting next year's enumeration. The first mention of the sting on a network evening newscast—CBS's—did not come until Sept. 15, the day after the Senate voted 83-7 to deny the group federal housing funds. The New York Times reported it for the first time a day after that. (The Journal had cited it in a Sept. 12 news story.) On Sept. 27, Times ombudsman Clark Hoyt published a column in which the paper's managing editor acknowledged having been "slow off the mark" but denied that political bias played any role.

Meanwhile, the Internal Revenue Service joined the Census Bureau in cutting ties with Acorn, and Congress voted several more times to defund the group, including a measure to deny it all federal money, which passed the House 345-75 on Sept. 17. (This and similar provisions are amendments to various bills, which must be reconciled and signed before becoming law.)

The next Monday, Mr. Breitbart followed a dictum of Saul Alinsky, whose 1971 book, "Rules for Radicals," is the bible of left-wing community organizers: "A tactic that drags on for too long becomes a drag." Figuring that a sixth Acorn video wouldn't have much impact, he shifted to a different scandal. He published the full transcript of an August conference call in which officials from federal agencies, including the National Endowment for the Arts and the White House's Office of Public Engagement, urged federally subsidized artists to produce propaganda on behalf of Mr. Obama's legislative initiatives. Patrick Courrielche, an artist and Big Hollywood contributor, had recorded the call. By week's end Yosi Sergant, who had organized the call as the NEA's director of communications, was out of a job.

Mr. Breitbart claims victory, and in extravagant terms: "At every step of the way, we were correct. At every step of the way, the mainstream media took the lies of Acorn. At every step of the way, the mainstream media attempted to cover up for Acorn. . . . If they think that Acorn or the Democratic Party or the NEA or the Office of Public Engagement is the primary target, they couldn't be more wrong. It is the Democrat-media complex. It is the mainstream media. No jury would need more evidence at this point. The Clark Hoyts of the world should just put their pens down and retire right now and walk away. They lost."

There is more to the article, that you can read on your own, about the unethical way these "non" journalists got the info, but they are not journalists... So they aren't under the same rules as journalists. And the proof is in the pudding. This was clear bias by the media and should end this discussion...
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

No, not at all. I know that fox has some shows that have a very conservative bias.

But, they also have some very liberal bias shows too. Geraldo is a good example.

Watch CBS and you see zero conservatives. Even when they pick a conservative to be on there they are so "centrist" that they don't qualify to me.

Ok, we are making progress. I think I spotted a clear problem in the disconnect of our discussion.

I am not talking about the opinions pieces, talking head shows here.

I am talking strictly about the news coverage. The stuff that is SUPPOSED to be unbiased, clear, factual and to the point.

Not the analysis programs on the channel.
So you are saying you think the actual news on Fox is biased... Prove that one, I'd love to see someone spin that...

Like This? Especially the second one.

I watched the first and must have missed how fox was biased... Kevin Jennings did give a underage minor (in his mind, later the kid turned out to be older than Jennings though he was... In no way giving jennings a pass... If anything it shows the bias of huff po... Since they are now "spinning" the fact that the kid was 16 not 15 as jennings himself printed in his book...) Anyone with morals would have a problem with rape of a minor... Jennings didn't.

Second one is funny... So an editor found a clip that fit the story and threw it in... Yeah, that never happens ALL THE TIME in broadcast news. Come on, seriously? I worked in network news. That happens all the time, on EVERY network. Sure it was wrong... But, the economists were saying that then... And Biden has gone on and on about how great the economy is today... Do you want me to pull the quotes? I could find them in a minute.

And does anyone believe him?... The guy is a joke. and yet he gets a pass from the major media... Interesting...

Budget one... Well, lets look at the deficit today... Oh, wait, that would prove huffpo wrong... Nevermind...

Huffpo is always so centrist in their articles...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:12am
Just as an example, for those that care how these things work, this is the sort of pressure put on media people, from the following situations:

Dan Rather's mess = OMG media is acting too quick, no fact checking, no stop-gap OMG

ACORN mess = OMG media is dragging it's feet trying to save ACORN coverup slow scandal OMG

The trick is getting the porridge just right, which doesn't always happen.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:19am

Just as an example, for those that care how these things work, this is the sort of pressure put on media people, from the following situations:

Dan Rather's mess = OMG media is acting too quick, no fact checking, no stop-gap OMG

ACORN mess = OMG media is dragging it's feet trying to save ACORN coverup slow scandal OMG

The trick is getting the porridge just right, which doesn't always happen.

Deny, and misdirect... Interesting tactic...

How about the whole Rush Limbaugh thing? The major media is now retracting the inaccurate quotes attributed to Rush that came from wiki... (sounds like the porridge is biased hmm).

AFTER he was cut from the team. Wow, nice the media did a great job convicting Rush of being a conservative, by lying and smearing his reputation.

All while touting "reverend" Al... I saw him on almost every major news network declaring that Rush was a racist.

And yet does the media look at the guy claiming this and his past?...

I guess they are waiting another 30 years to get the facts straight.

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:20am
Just what I expected.  When presented with facts, FE makes excuses and dismisses them.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:27am

How about the whole Rush Limbaugh thing?

It showcases lazy editing and reporting, and the serious, serious flaws in the 24-hour TV news format, that some producer or editor was too lazy to check even something like Snopes.com to see that those quotes were un-attributable, and decided to run with them instead.

What, did you think I was going to defend them or something?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Just what I expected.  When presented with facts, FE makes excuses and dismisses them.  
What?... Sorry repost what I missed that I made excuses on and dismissed...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:36am
Oh, I just realized you were talking about your huffpost stuff...

Well, I when I get some time, I will go through the whole list. After the first (seriously, that was the number 1 complaint... which is true... nice complaint) see my post above.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:14am

How about the whole Rush Limbaugh thing?

It showcases lazy editing and reporting, and the serious, serious flaws in the 24-hour TV news format, that some producer or editor was too lazy to check even something like Snopes.com to see that those quotes were un-attributable, and decided to run with them instead.

What, did you think I was going to defend them or something?

No, I am just pointing out your bias...

Here let me refresh your memory...

If you are looking for my opinion on this, as a journalist, I despise Fox News. Not for any political bias I personally hold, which isn't much - I'm a pretty planted centrist - simply based on the fact that I work my ass off to be unbiased in my work, to tell both sides of the story, and to follow the code of ethics set forth by the Society of Professional Journalists.

This is something Fox has largely ignores. Their programming is not decided based on news-worthiness. Rather, producers and editors are specifically instructed to choose stories that will continue a conservative ideal and agenda.

Fox is not the only guilty party - far from it. They are, however, the most obnoxious and blatant offender.

So, your "telling both sides of the story" is only if the story meets "your criteria of newsworthy" as according to you fox is the "most obnoxious and blatant offender" of choosing stories that you feel should never see the light of day...

Do you still not see your hypocricy on this?

Even with all the examples I posted?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:23am
Maybe you will listen to one of your peers from outside the US that can see the truth...

The White House’s extraordinary assault on the Fox News Channel will end in tears – and not for Rupert Murdoch, Fox’s owner. The Obama administration has embarked on a high-risk strategy of shooting the messenger, in effect blaming its plummeting poll ratings on alleged political bias at the number one 24-hour cable news network. As Anita Dunn, the Mao-quoting White House communications director put it in an interview with The New York Times:

“We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent. As they are undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

As Dunn’s statement illustrates, this is an overtly political campaign – and one that is doomed to failure, as it will ensure that even more Americans end up tuning in to Fox shows. The United States is a nation built around the principles of free speech, limited government, and Free Enterprise, and it is highly unusual for a US administration to launch an authoritarian vendetta against an individual news station. It smacks of mean-spiritedness as well as desperation, and is an approach that is already backfiring, with Fox’s ratings receiving an added boost from the huge publicity.

Fox News is succeeding in America precisely because it is not afraid to challenge the status quo, and to take on the power of big government. It is unique in broadcast media in going against the grain of the dominant liberal networks, NBC, CBS and ABC, by providing an alternative perspective in a nation where conservatives are still the largest ideological group according to Gallup. Television news in America has for decades been dominated by a left-of-centre oligopoly that has not reflected public opinion. That smug arrangement was shattered when Fox opened for business in the mid-1990s.

Fox News has succeeded spectacularly in racing ahead of its rivals in the cable news market, notably CNN and MSNBC. Its evening shows – such as the O’Reilly Factor, Glenn Beck and Hannity – pull in several million viewers compared to just hundreds of thousands on Fox’s competitors. Fox offers a highly opinionated, fast-paced and entertaining brand of political debate that includes all sides of the political aisle. The top hosts may be largely conservative (though not necessarily Republican), but the guests frequently are not, creating an adversarial and combative arena that until recently was a rarity in American news coverage.

Fox also benefits from an extraordinary level of professional management that sets the gold standard for cable news organizations. It is a remarkably well-run operation that also projects the American dream, with its proud emphasis on entrepreneurialism, patriotism, and a strong sense of national identity. Fox is unashamedly pro-American, a breath of fresh air in an age when US foreign policy is increasingly weak, muddled and confused

The success of Fox News is not driven by any political agenda, as its Administration critics claim. It is simply doing its job as a news organization by questioning the positions and policies of the elected government and officials of the United States, whoever is in the White House. That is the proper role of the media in a free society, and any attempt by the government to muzzle Fox is a threat to the freedom of all American news outlets, including liberal juggernauts such as The New York Times, NBC and CNN.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 21 October 2009 at 10:58am
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:23am
You failed to quote this line FE

"Fox is not the only guilty party - far from it"
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:53am
actually, I did post that line jmac...

I wonder what major news network will cover this story...

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 11:34am
Luckily, in FE's world, EVERY story can be the top story of the day.

Seriously, you're confusing basic prioritization with people willfully covering up the facts.

Have you considered that perhaps there is a fundamental flaw in your viewpoint when you spend more time looking for reasons our elected officials shouldn't be elected than trying to,say, actually work with the political system?
BU Engineering 2012
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 11:41am

You posted but you didn't do your handy dandy highlighting.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 11:44am

Do you still not see your hypocricy on this?

Maybe I am being blinded by my own hypocrisy, but I don't see how me thinking that the misuse of incorrect Rush Limbaugh quotes by media sources is wrong and bad, has anything to do with Fox News.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 11:45am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

You failed to quote this line FE

"Fox is not the only guilty party - far from it"

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

You posted but you didn't do your handy dandy highlighting.

I'm confused, which version* of FE is changing his story this time?

*Original or anti-?**
**. . . and when are we going to get an FE-Lite?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 11:53am
How did I change my story?

I misworded what I said.

He quoted the whole post and didn't pay any attention to that line.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 3:05pm

well... A certain news source just dropped ANOTHER acorn video that proves a whole bunch of "print journalists" lied...

This will get interesting, I'm sure.

So, if an acorn drops in the forest, and only one news outlet covers it... Does it make a noise?...

Guess the attacks on Fox from the white house are making more sense even to the more "liberal" people out there huh...

Remove the one group announcing the corruption, and the corruption can continue unchecked... Sounds like freedom to me.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 21 October 2009 at 3:55pm
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 4:11pm
To understand the news today and the difference, watch clips of ABC/NBC/ABC (we only had maybe 5-7 over the air stations back then)of the 1960's and early 1970's. Go to the library and read newspapers of the 50's 60's early 70's. Once the media began to expand and the "infotainment" genre immerged the news began to firmly encamp itself left of center, in an America that was and still is slightly right of center.
In the 80's people like Rush saw the expanding gap in the presentation and the change to commentary more than presentation, and he launched what is now Conservative Talk Radio, infuriating the administrations of the left (Clinton, Obama) and challenging concepts presented. Cable news, watch the clips of the initial CNN year, and today, there is a very defined difference, and not to see it makes you intellectually blind.

examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CjWbemTNcw
short, sweet and to the point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghgORfFt_9w&feature=related
total disection and an "expert" commentary. saturation infotainment

In many cases you are not informed of the news, but told what you must think about the news by the "commentators" presentation. Print media has also swung left of center, read a Time of 1968, and a Time of 2009, a very distinct slant presented instead of the "boring" this is what happened, now you get the obligatory why it happened in the writers opinion in most cases.

My journalism class at SCC was a battle, I did just that brought in clips and examples of the 40's, 50's and 60's, then today, and the young prof (a product of the radical campusus of the late 80's) told me that my presentation was not correct, but the video clips, and copies of writings were the originals, the early here is the news, and the modern this is what I think you should know about the news. Everyone in the class understood the presentation (most in the 18-24 yr old range), and the proffesor did all he could to discredit it, got a B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsDe-8cOSYY&feature=related
Notice how the news media changed the Republican blue to Red recently, red in many mids represents "communisim" or evil, so the media enmasse contrived the shift to Red for republican to go for a subliminal message. Explain the change from the traditional (back to 1910) Blue for Republican to Red? A "Red State" in the minds of an elderly voter brings images of the "Cold War" and communism, and hense a "Red State" must be something evil. Believe the language and subliminal message constantly refering to "Red States" intentional. FOX seldom calls them Red States but names the actual state(s) in question.

Edited by oldsoldier - 21 October 2009 at 4:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic