Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Global cooling... Better hurry N Pass Cap N TAX...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 8:27am

I WANT THE TRUTH...

You can't handle the truth...

smoking gun. Climategate fraud exposed...

They tremble at my name...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 9:16am
I wonder when he will notice that we gave up on reading this thread...
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 1:28pm
Probably never.

As I've said before, threads don't die on FE's watch.
BU Engineering 2012
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 4:51pm
I can't remember the last time I clicked on any link he's posted.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

i never started
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Same. I wonder if he actually thinks we read all of his blog posts?

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 8:00am
And now a break from me winning the debate... Again...

A few Goremas songs...

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 8:16am
I think you have confused "winning the debate" with "failing so hard that it is no longer fun for the rest of us."  Really, it's like playing dodgeball against Helen Keller.  Sure it may be fun to hurl balls at her for a few games, but after a while it's too easy and loses its appeal.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I think you have confused "winning the debate" with "failing so hard that it is no longer fun for the rest of us."  Really, it's like playing dodgeball against Helen Keller.  Sure it may be fun to hurl balls at her for a few games, but after a while it's too easy and loses its appeal.
This, more than anything I have ever "This"-ed before!

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:31am
Wait, you actually think you won?

I honestly don't know what to say.
BU Engineering 2012
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:52am
Well played, FE.

People take this forum too seriously.

In that I mean you do a good job on playing "the heel" role and everybody loves to hate a well-played heel.

Edited by God - 11 December 2009 at 1:32pm
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Really, it's like playing dodgeball against Helen Keller. 

Nah, it's more like playing dodge-ball with that kid who never admits you hit him and says that he is better than you because that one time he hit someone. Or that kid that yells "TIME OUT" right before you are about to catch him in a game of tag.

Nothing constructive will ever be done, because that kid always convinces himself that he is in the right, and that any objections are the result of others' jealousy of his superiority.

Now, FE, if you responded like you did to me with the definitions more often, that would be much more acceptable and much less annoying. Your constant appeals to "authority" vis-a-vis links (especially ones like freerepublic, FOX, etc.) get REALLY lame REALLY quick because you usually don't add anything, and we are left to refute your link. It shouldn't come as a surprise to you that we get tired of actually typing and thinking before you get tired of copying and pasting and effectively posting "*belligerent and sarcastic line here demeaning opposing view*...yeah, right...[link]".
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

The logic was that there are lots of articles as well as the language from the UN that points out that the climate scientists and the UN want people to view man made global warming with the same fervor as religion.  Which they do by "making" it a religion....

That's not logic, that is statement of opinion. All of the articles you posted made the key assumption/insinuation/statement that "religion" means taking things STRICTLY on faith and made a veiled attempt to make it seem like that by "making environmentalism a religion" they mean replacing Christianity/more traditional theistic religions. That's not what Halle was explicitly advocating, nor does it seem like he was implicitly stating that should happen.

Quote Here is your post...
care to change it now?

I suppose it is reasonable to say I wasn't clear (though I would argue that, given the context, I was, and that you are misconstruing what I said because it suits your argument), so to further clarify (note: NOT change), see above.

Edited by Gatyr - 11 December 2009 at 12:39pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 9:03am
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece

Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.

Nice spokesman...  VEEEERRRY Credible. < =text/ ="/tol/js/picture-gallery.js"> function slideshowPopUp(url) { pictureGalleryPopupPic(url); return false; }
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 9:06am
PigStarQuestionYing YangClownLampEvil SmileNukeExclamation 

^FE's thought process.

(Yeah, I didn't really understand it either.)

Edited by __sneaky__ - 15 December 2009 at 9:09am

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 9:41am
Russia drops a bomb on copenhagen...

While the US offers $10,000,000,000.00 to "developing nations" per year... Are they going to just print this money out of thin air?...

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by That Article That Article wrote:

]The complete set of data show 1.4C rise since 1860, the CRU set shows 2.06C rise over the same period.

So the Earth has still warmed approximately 3/4 of the amount "mainstream" scientists say it has? And that's different from global warming how?
All that means is that perhaps we have somewhat longer to deal with the problem than previously thought, not that there is no danger.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not backing Cap and Trade, but also don't kid yourself. You honestly think all the stupid crap we do to our atmosphere couldn't possibly be harming it?
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 3:35pm
For someone who is always preaching about "passing debt on to our grandchildren, FE is surprisingly willing to pass on environment problems.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not backing Cap and Trade, but also don't kid yourself. You honestly think all the stupid crap we do to our atmosphere couldn't possibly be harming it?

I agree with these sentiments.

I'm not a huge fan of cap and trade for economic reasons.  It accomplishes what it's supposed to, maybe, if carried out right.  But nonetheless, we need to know more about how our world is changing, and hopefully this uproar will help continue research into it.

BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 4:01pm
Did your news sources cover this little jem?

A scientist in the middle of the ClimateGate scandal received economic stimulus funds last June.

As NewsBusters reported on November 28, Penn State University is investigating Professor Michael Mann, the creator of the discredited "Hockey Stick Graph," for his involvement in an international attempt to exaggerate and manipulate climate data in order to advance the myth of manmade global warming.

According to the conservative think tank the National Center for Public Policy Research, Mann received $541,184 in economic stimulus funds last June to conduct climate change research.

Guess, that is "one" more job saved by the "economic stimulus" slush fund.

Nice scam   job Obama.

I'm hoping for change.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 6:08pm
im hoping you will stop beating a dead horse and stop bumping this thread
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic