Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$78,000,000.00 of your money, smashed in the moon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:08pm
you can think that all you want. doesnt bother me. last time i checked i was born and raised in new jersey
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

There's no way FE could be that stupid you guys, I smell a troll.

Srsly. FE barely ever responds to his own threads. Probably just sits backs an lols.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:14pm
*** Oh, so you're a guido? My bad.           And I AM kidding.

My point being you guys always jump all over FE for generalizing, yet turn around and do the same thing.

It must be a boring day if I am defending FE.  wow.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Not to interrupt, but did I miss where FE blamed this on liberals or Obama? I think this was a general rant against, in his opinion, wasteful government spending. Which I will have to admit,  even with my general support of NASA, I find a little disturbing that we spent 79mil trying to figure out if there is water on the moon.

That he blames on the left all the time.
So now we are generalizing? Isn't that what you often blame him for? Irony is ironic!
dang! missed NB4: I ws jst kding.

You can stop trolling now. It doesn't suit you.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'm not sure I will ever understand modern conservatism's hatred of science and intelligence. 

Me neither, this was a totally reasonable, if not intelligent thing to do. And it's nice to see the space program doing something, and yet still some idiots think it's a slap in the face.
Just retarded.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:49pm
I still fail to see how this issue comes down to republicans or democrats...?

A few conservatives make a statement and they're the representatives of their party?

And intelligent and reasonable doesn't always = financially sound.

I'm not saying I'm against it, I just don't understand turning this into a partisan political argument.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

A few conservatives make a statement and they're the representatives of their party?

I'm not saying I'm against it, I just don't understand turning this into a partisan political argument.

I agree, this is just people who think science is the devil, and people who aren't mouthbreathers.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:04pm

Here's the logic followed by the idiots who take part in this partisan crap:

I am part of the [insert party here] -> I don't like [insert other party here] -> Something happened -> How can I use this to make [insert other party here] look bad for no reason other than to make myself look/feel better?

It's incredibly stupid and infantile but that's our country now. It would be fine if the parties were just calling each other out when they did something that wasn't good for the people but it's gone way beyond that now and they just complain about everything and anything.

I'm not sure I will ever understand modern conservatism's hatred of science and intelligence. 

Many conservatives tend to be very religious and neither science nor intelligence support religion and are therefore not favored. Intelligence also tends to get in the way when you want to do things that don't make much sense. Also, it's not just conservatives but I will agree that the worst of that group tends to lean right. I used to be more conservative but the whack-jobs made me really question things and that made me more of a moderate. Hardcore liberals are not much better though so I don't really like either side all that much.

Edited by mod98commando - 09 October 2009 at 3:16pm
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:07pm

*** Oh, so you're a guido? My bad.           And I AM kidding.

My point being you guys always jump all over FE for generalizing, yet turn around and do the same thing.

It must be a boring day if I am defending FE.  wow.
you're right...... and maybe because it wasnt a generalization, being as at least once a week he makes an anti-Obama thread.
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:18pm
Obama gets the Nobel peace prize and attacks the moon on the same day. These are strange times
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:23pm
^ i lol'd
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:28pm

There's no way FE could be that stupid you guys, I smell a troll.

Unfortunately for you, my planned response was:

FE, you're just stupid. (in the leroy jenkins video voice)

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:41pm
I'm not sure where I used party lines in my post.

FE = conservative, who apparently going on his post, doesn't like science or intelligence.

Also, conservatives have largely been behind the anti-intelligence movement. From stopping stem-cell research to calling educated people "elitists" in a negative way, and everything in between.

It's not a generalization if it can be documented.

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

Obama gets the Nobel peace prize and attacks the moon on the same day. These are strange times

/thread

I wanted to post the WKUK Moon Bears video, but it's NSFT. Look it up, you'll lol.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 4:12pm

I'm not sure where I used party lines in my post.

FE = conservative, who apparently going on his post, doesn't like science or intelligence.

Also, conservatives have largely been behind the anti-intelligence movement. From stopping stem-cell research to calling educated people "elitists" in a negative way, and everything in between.

It's not a generalization if it can be documented.

Why is it that you can't be against something without being labeled ignorant? I am conservative and not against science or intelligence. I am also iffy regarding stem cell research, but that doesn't mean I am anti-intelligence. It's been a long time since I read into it, but I do remember some of the aspects of how the cells were harvested to be unsettling. And it has nothing to do with religious beliefs, just my own morality about potentially creating embryos to harvest them for cells. Which is fully a logical step if it were to be widely accepted.  I have never called educated people elitist, if I did, I would be insulting myself as I am college educated.  Also, as I mentioned, I am generally pro NASA and space research, but with the current state of the economy do find it a little bothersome that 79mil was spent crashing a satellite into the moon. Again, doesn't make me a bible hugging buffoon that thinks technology is the devil. Just makes me wonder what could have been done with that 79 million instead. There are a lot of times when I think perhaps we should spend a little more time solving the problems on this planet before going off finding new ones to solve on others.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 4:16pm

And it has nothing to do with religious beliefs, just my own morality about potentially creating embryos to harvest them for cells. Which is fully a logical step if it were to be widely accepted.

Are you kidding? We can't legalize a "harmless" drug but you expect us to begin farming humans no problem? And you say you're not anti-education? You DO know that umbilical cords are a great source of stem cells right?

Article

Why would we begin harvesting people when we already have too many being born every day, and the cord/ blood gets discarded anyways. Regardless of that fact, people still oppose using stem cells, and it's ridiculous.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 4:18pm
I think it would have been worth the 79 mill if you could actually see the explosion. If you are gunna spend that much money you better use a freaking MOAB or something. Geez.
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 4:19pm

Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

/thread

I wanted to post the WKUK Moon Bears video, but it's NSFT. Look it up, you'll lol.

I just looked it up, that was great. The Call of Duty one was even funny
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I think it would have been worth the 79 mill if you could actually see the explosion. If you are gunna spend that much money you better use a freaking MOAB or something. Geez.

I know you're kidding but the explosion wasn't the point.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

And it has nothing to do with religious beliefs, just my own morality about potentially creating embryos to harvest them for cells. Which is fully a logical step if it were to be widely accepted.

Are you kidding? We can't legalize a "harmless" drug but you expect us to begin farming humans no problem? And you say you're not anti-education? You DO know that umbilical cords are a great source of stem cells right?

Article

Why would we begin harvesting people when we already have too many being born every day, and the cord/ blood gets discarded anyways. Regardless of that fact, people still oppose using stem cells, and it's ridiculous.
Originally posted by wikepedia wikepedia wrote:

Controversy surrounding research

Main article: Stem cell controversy
See also: Stem cell laws

There exists a widespread controversy over human embryonic stem cell research that emanates from the techniques used in the creation and usage of stem cells. Human embryonic stem cell research is controversial because, with the present state of technology, starting a stem cell line requires the destruction of a human embryo and/or therapeutic cloning. However, recently, it has been shown in principle that adult stem cell lines can be manipulated to generate embryonic-like stem cell lines using a single-cell biopsy similar to that used in preimplantation genetic diagnosis that may allow stem cell creation without embryonic destruction.[41] It is not the entire field of stem cell research, but the specific field of human embryonic stem cell research that is at the centre of an ethical debate.

Opponents of the research argue that embryonic stem cell technologies are a slippery slope to reproductive cloning and can fundamentally devalue human life. Those in the pro-life movement argue that a human embryo is a human life that is entitled to protection.

Contrarily, supporters of embryonic stem cell research argue that such research should be pursued because the resultant treatments could have significant medical potential. It is also noted that excess embryos created for in vitro fertilization could be donated with consent and used for the research.

The ensuing debate has prompted authorities around the world to seek regulatory frameworks and highlighted the fact that stem cell research represents a social and ethical challenge.

Perhaps, I should have been more specific. I am not 100% in favor of embryonic stem cell research.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 09 October 2009 at 4:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic