FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ZOMBIES. NOW.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 6:10pm
Scissors to the back of the neck ,severing the spinal cord.

Sure they would still be alive, munching carpet but that would keep them busy while I walk to the garage to grab an axe. Then it is skull splitting time.

Since I dont own any firearms, I get to be creative.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Reach to my left, grab my AR, then reach into my desk, grab my loaded mag. Cap said zombie/s. Then load up what i need, take the truck to taigus, and wait.

Be funny if you posted this from school.

While Ammolord wasn't actually posting from school, when I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon for the redneck kids to have their hunting weapons on their gun-racks in the back of their pick-ups all deer-season. When I was in college, we were not prohibited from having and keeping weapons on campus. We were politely asked to keep any arms in the gun locker at the campus police station, but weren't required to. I kept a 10/22 under my bed for a whole year.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 6:45pm
Drink.  Heavily.

Everyone know the Z-virus can't infect you if your blood is thinned by alcohol.  At least, I hope that's how it works.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Reach to my left, grab my AR, then reach into my desk, grab my loaded mag. Cap said zombie/s. Then load up what i need, take the truck to taigus, and wait.

Be funny if you posted this from school.

While Ammolord wasn't actually posting from school, when I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon for the redneck kids to have their hunting weapons on their gun-racks in the back of their pick-ups all deer-season. When I was in college, we were not prohibited from having and keeping weapons on campus. We were politely asked to keep any arms in the gun locker at the campus police station, but weren't required to. I kept a 10/22 under my bed for a whole year.
I'm pretty certain this is a huge no-no in secondary school now. My last college required me to either have it in a locked case in my locked vehicle or leave it with campus security (who would have no doubt played with my Garand and got nasty fingerprints on the parkerizing) I don't know my current school's policy since i park my car off campus.

Back to the zombie thing: re-thinking this since the door is only 5 feet away my irst reaction is going to be to throw my glass at its face, second is to swing the ammo can. If it's the only one that's made it up the stairs so far there's an aluminum step-ladder I can jam in the stairwell to tangle them up while I load the .22 pistol and go with brain shots, saving my centerfire ammo for longer ranges and to try to get to the gun store if possible. For the expedition i'd gather up survivors and get the 2 1/2 ton from the highway garage, attach the plow, and use it as a gun truck. Maybe I'd take a roadside mower to clear the way. evil Elvis can hold out here if he can escape the city and bring enough ammo to pay the rent.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 10:33pm
I'll charge and Eat their brains in a reversal of roles!
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 12:53am
I would put on a bunch of zombie makeup then fit in 9 holes before breakfast....I  just need some zombie acting classes beforehand and ill be set.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 2:03am
Take the car, go to mum's, kill phil, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, and wait for all this to blow over!

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 10 October 2009 at 2:04am
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 2:10am
All you guys are lying to my face. We're talking ZOMBIES here. The living dead. Something that has never happened before, i.e. the reanimation of a dead body, is happening and it happens to stroll through your front door.

Me, I'd at first question what was going on, be taken aback by shock, probably panic, and in my panic-induced fluster, trip while trying to run away and get eaten or something.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 2:12am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

All you guys are lying to my face. We're talking ZOMBIES here. The living dead. Something that has never happened before, i.e. the reanimation of a dead body, is happening and it happens to stroll through your front door.Me, I'd at first question what was going on, be taken aback by shock, probably panic, and in my panic-induced fluster, trip while trying to run away and get eaten or something.

See, those of us who have straight-forward z-day evac plans do so because we've considered the zombie threat and have an idea of how to counter it. Obviously you have some reading to do DT, I suggest the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z for starters.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 3:20am
Flip my desk into their path.
Run to my closet, grab some golf clubs.
Defeat the zombies in my immediate proximity via blows to the head.
Lock my apartment doors.
Change into hiking boots, jeans, long under armor (extra layer of teeth-proof), long sleeve shirt.
Grab my knife, phone, wallet (lol), and a few of the aforementioned golf clubs. Fill my backpack with some food, change of clothes, and load up a few water bottles.
Grab my sunglasses AND my aviators, so I can hunt / run in style.
Don't forget my deodorant, for when I meet a hot chick 13 hours from now who I save from zombies.
???
Profit.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 3:55am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

All you guys are lying to my face. We're talking ZOMBIES here. The living dead. Something that has never happened before, i.e. the reanimation of a dead body, is happening and it happens to stroll through your front door.Me, I'd at first question what was going on, be taken aback by shock, probably panic, and in my panic-induced fluster, trip while trying to run away and get eaten or something.

Actually we are talking home invasion here. Standard routine is draw gun (today it'll be grab gun, it wasn't riding comfy in it's holster). Verbally challenge the intruders, with the statement any closer and I'll shoot, covering myself legally as any further advance can be constituted an assault. If they advance, shoot.

The growling and the blood spattered face / clothes will make things process easier.

I'd agree with you if you came up with something like Final Fantasy the movie invisible ghost aliens. But zombies? We've been exposed to them before. True only in fiction, but they aren't going to over load the OODA loop.

At least they shouldn't. No more than any other home invasion.

The first target might suck up the first double tap, so it would have to switch to FTS drills.

KBK

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 4:08am
^^^ Valid point.

Well, assuming I didn't panic, I'm in my dining room, kinda trapped in a corner. But that affects the zombie too, as I've got a table and many chairs between it and me. I've got nothing in the effect of a weapon, so I'd probably throw the coffee mug at it. Wait, there's a floor lamp in the corner, about 6' tall (I'm looking around as I type this). I'd use the lamp to push it back (wouldn't try to kill it with it, just keep it at bay), until I get out the room and run to mine. I'd grab my over/under, toss in two shells and aim for the head. The noise would wake up my family (if they already weren't awake from the previous scuffle) and my dad would grab his .38 special. We'd stock up on what canned foods we had, raid any grocery/tool/gun store we could. It's 3 in the morning so it shouldn't be too bad yet. Then we'd high-tail it to a little podunk town and fortify.

Edited by DeTrevni - 10 October 2009 at 4:09am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 5:37am
Quote an outbreak in Cape Town, South Africa finally brings the plague, then known as "African rabies", to global attention.

Go Cape Town!
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 11:38am
I'd throw my cat at the Z, jump out the window and run 2 houses down and break into there house. They gots tha gunz there. After that I'd just wing it.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

I'd throw my cat at the Z, jump out the window and run 2 houses down and break into there house. They gots tha gunz there. After that I'd just wing it.

Horrible, horrible plan.

Breaking into another person's house? Its a pretty good bet you'll catch a bullet for that by the homeowners. The zombies would be the least of your problems.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 1:13pm
i'm in the attic, so I'd probably hear them bust in.  plan of action.... run out the back way to my car since i have no guns or anything to take out a zombie.  go zombie bowling in my saturn and go somewhere... where that is... I don't know.  probably parents, but i think all of his guns are in storage for the move.  I'd have to hit up my grandpa's pad, he's loaded to his teeth.  
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 2:35pm
I'd just call up my friend Barack and have him drop the nukes.  Don't worry brahs, we got this.
BU Engineering 2012
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

I'd just call up my friend Barack and have him drop the nukes.  Don't worry brahs, we got this.

So.... Flaming zombies? Have you not learned from CoD???

Flaming Zombies.... even worse.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 4:06pm
In my apartment I don't have many options. I might be able to chuck a printer at their head and fend them off with my desk chair for a short while, but with the front door open the sounds would just invite more zombies in.  As a last ditch effort, I would aim to stab them in the eye socket with a screwdriver, hoping not to get bit.  Considering that it requires a 3 story climb in stairs, or an elevator ride up, I can be fairly sure that this zombie is one of the other residents, so most likely other apartments have been compromised.  I'm pretty sure none of my neighbors would survive, so all the other apartments have just turned into potential zombie breedin' dens.  Its maybe a 24 foot drop to the ground outside my window, and theres a grassy strip underneath that I would probably be able to land on.  With luck I would just sprain something.

The road in front of my apartment is just a small access road with a dormitory currently being renovated on the other side. The rear door to the building is wide open.  Hopefully the construction workers would have taken care of the immediate zombie threat in the street and since none of them have firearms, I should be able to prove I'm not a zombie before they react.

From here, I could either try to wait it out in the dorm with the workers, or make a break to the mountains, only 100 yards or so from the dorm.  Trying to drive to safety would be a nightmare, as campus is located on the edge of Waikiki and the zombie population is bound to be out of hand.  Escape by plane would be impossible since I would need to cross through Honolulu.  Boat might be even harder, since I would need to cross through Waikiki.t

The dorm roof is 13 stories high and has a lanai that extends around the entire circumference of the tower.  This would allow an excellent observation post, and the entire tower is very defensible.  The location would hopefully mean that a helicopter might pass by, and the high roof would make signalling one easier easier. The only downside is its right near a very large urban center and as mentioned above there would be a large number of zombies from the initial invasion of the dorms.  Additionally, food might be scarce, but the cafeteria is another 20 yards from the tower and we might be able to grab some provisions before things get out of hand.  I can't be sure the building still has water, so that might be a problem too.

Depending on how well stocked in supplies the tower is, and the severity of the injuries from my fall, the mountains would probably be my best bet.  The climb up is very steep and rocky, no zombie could make it from the same point.  If the entire island becomes infected, the terrain still works to our favor, but there are many other points they could come from.  Additionally, wild guava and other fruit grow in the area, and if its possible, so do wild boar.  Finally, the mountains lie in the middle of the island, so it may be possible to find other people somewhere who are also surviving (such as the marine and army bases). The tower would allow me to check out what obstacles lay in my way.  My biggest concern would be a massive pile-up on the 4 lane highway between the dorms and the mountain.  Such an obstacle would guarantee zombies.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 4:12pm
^ tower would be amazing in a low population area, but living so close to so many people would pretty much ensure a massive rush of zombies at some point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic