FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ZOMBIES. NOW.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:18pm
We're talking RIGHT NOW. In the room you're in, with what you have at hand.

Typical George A Romero slow zombies, biters, infectious.

This is a zombie drill, after all. You have to deal with the circumstances you're in.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:25pm
alright, perfect.

Thats what I was assuming.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:29pm
Perfect timing! Seriously, I was just coming online to email my updated insurance photos to my renter's insurance company to cover the replacement costs of my firearms.

This pile-o-weapons and mags is sitting not 2 feet from me.

I supposed the hardest part would be to chose between the 1911 and the PA-63. I'm gonna go with the 1911 for here since it's got JHP and Glaser Silver rounds in the mags. There's 13 rounds between the two types. Then I'd switch to the PA-63 if necessary (another 14 rounds in mags. I'm hoping there aren't more zombies than that'd take care of in the room as it isn't very big. From there, I'd get to the ammo can in the bedroom and toss the extra live rounds from the closet stash in there with all the surplus 7.62x54r. I'd grab the hoppes #9 and rem oil with my cleaning kit as well. I'd top off any mags needed, toss the extra ammo, cleaning kits, and extra brass in my rolling duffel, strap on the PA-63 and sling the PSL and toss the mosin and .22LR in the bag with the now empty 1911. From there it's a short half-flight of steps down to the parking lot and 20 feet to my car. I'd probably iron-sight the psl and take out whatever zombies were in the lot and then load up the car. From there I'd hit the Kingstown wal-mart or Gilbert's small arms which are both only a few miles from me and load up on any extra ammo they had for my calibers. I'd also probably go ahead and empty my accounts at the ATM on the way since Gilbert's will probably want compensation for anything I grab. I'd also pick up a mossy 500 while I was at it.

From there, It's a short drive to shorty's house where I'd probably have to break in since he's at work right now. Before I got there I'd hit up a grocery store for a lot of potable water. Then I'd barricade myself in shorty's basement and await him, his wife, and my fiancee since she knows the zombie evacuation plan means I'd go to shorty's.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:34pm
I'm in my dorm, I would most likely die a horrible death.  I have at my disposal a bass guitar and an exacto knife.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:41pm
If I was in my dorm I would actually be very safe.  Pull the fire alarm so the elevators shut down and lock myself in my room.  I am on the 7th floor so there is no chance of them coming in through the windows.  Also, you have to use a key to get out of the stairwell on to each floor other than 1.  Since zombies can't use keys, I would be pretty much impervious to them.  Use my duct tape to mark my windows with an "SOS", fly my flag upside down out the window, grab my laptop and wait for a rescue.  
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:45pm
Im in a computer lab, with stone age computers that are bolted down to the table, so im screwed. My goal would be to scrable to my dorm room, and try not to die in the process. When in dorm room, wear several layers of heavy clothing and await until further plans arise. For weapons, I only have conventional furniture, a lacrosse stick, and a bat.

So... no BAMF shotgun wielding, AR15 eliminating, 1911 BOTW usage for me....
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 1:49pm
Melee weapons are such a bad idea...
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:05pm
since i am in a hospital waiting room on the 9th floor, i dont have a very good chance of survival. only weapons available are my laptop and the 2 knives i have on me
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Spoken like a true zombie noob.

Firearms will always become melee weapons in the end, but they never work.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Sometimes it's all you're got.

I'm in a small office in my apartment right now, only one door. I'm on the second floor. I've got within reach a two foot short sword and a kukhri. My immediate goals would be to survive the first few, get the door closed, and hope to safely drop out a window into the street. 

Five minutes away we have an elevated highway that serves city buses exclusively. I would hope to get there, and outrun/outmanoeuvre any zekes I run into. That would at least buy me a bit of time to move uptown. If I survive the first hour and get to a slightly less built up area my next plan would be to steal a car- though if the opportunity to do so arises earlier, then hell yes. With the car, I'm less than a two hour drive to a major military base I'm pretty familiar with. I'd intent to make it there and meet up with the units mobilizing to fight back and start the cleanup.

If we ended up in a societal collapse scenario and the military falls apart, I'd scrounge as much as I could in terms of weapons, useful defensive supplies, and would try to make it out to a family farm way out in the sticks. They've got enough there to be self sufficient.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:16pm
I might be a vegged out computer geek most of the time, but I like to think I would notice zombies making their way through my house BEFORE they make it to "breaking down this rooms door"

But crap. I guess Id be screwed if that was the case though, I dont really have anything weapon-worthy in this room. Maybe I could throw an old computer case and run. My katana is in the next room over, but a bladed weapon is about the worst possible choice against zombies...
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 2:24pm
Since I'm on my living room, I can just run straight out the back door. From there, try to get into my car or find some friends who live only a few blocks away. Try to get onto I-80 and speed it through the country to find some deserted country town or if the bridge is closed, hop on GSP, to Turnpike, to Newark Airport and fly to wherever the hell zombies aren't.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 5:03pm
Reach to my left, grab my AR, then reach into my desk, grab my loaded mag. Cap said zombie/s. Then load up what i need, take the truck to taigus, and wait.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Reach to my left, grab my AR, then reach into my desk, grab my loaded mag. Cap said zombie/s. Then load up what i need, take the truck to taigus, and wait.

Be funny if you posted this from school.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

i did.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 5:16pm

you have your AR in school?

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 5:21pm
no, im at home now. i just know my layout, and how id do it. school, id just get eaten.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 5:24pm

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

i did.

no, im at home now. i just know my layout, and how id do it. school, id just get eaten.

this was supposed to be at the exact moment. so unless you can be at school and be at home to grab your AR at the same time, YOU'RE DEAD!!!
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 5:42pm
Plan for school: run, run as fast as i can. get into my truck, and bolt for my house. Then follow my previous plan.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

. . .  wear several layers of heavy clothing . . .

Another bad idea; this just gives them something to grab onto so they can hold you in place and eventually gnaw through your defensive layers.  (Remember, it only takes one managing to get a grip to slow you down sufficiently for the rest to catch up.)

Access to the room I'm in is limited (odd, inconvenient entryway) and there is a table between me and the door.  I also store my pistol in this room.  However, given the tactical situation, the table is being used as a ram/shield to clear the door so I can lock it and tip over a CD shelf to brace it.  Only then will I grab the pistol.  (Grabbing it first would allow too many in the room.)  If there are no zombies outside, I will grab what I can to stay warm and get out there.  I'd bust in the back door, grab the keys and head for the car in the garage.  If the cat is close, I'll grab her too; otherwise, she's on her own with the zombies.*  After that, it's just a matter of staying away from populated areas long enough for the current temp to turn them into Z-sicles, get some face/eye protection (for splatter), an object capable of causing significant blunt force trauma and start playing Little Bunny Foo Foo with the zombies in the field mice role. 

If I run into any other survivors I will of course eliminate them and take their stuff team up with them.

Edit:  Given the room I'm in, I'm glad they're the Romero type.  I'd be hosed with a faster type.

*Poor zombies.**
**Or, as she will be thinking of them, poor formerly human shambling cat chew-toys/scratching posts.

Edited by Mack - 09 October 2009 at 6:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic