FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We ought to ban hunting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I'm telling you, he doesn't care about human deaths. He only cares about the animals living.
I didnt realize jmac was a member of PETA.

I care about human deaths. I don't really care about animals dying. You have it backwards.

Point is deer aren't running into the road to kill people. They are running into the road to cross the huge ass road put in the middle of their habitat.

People are going into woods just to kill them.

I am not a member of PETA.

Reb, environmental benefits? Oh sorry killing animals to stop them from dying must be a benefit...
Does that even make sense to you? Confused

What?...
You don't care about animals dying, and they are going to die either way... which you aknowledge.

Yet somehow... Not sure how exactly... but somehow, you think its wrong for them to die by human hand, despite the fact that their bodies go to good use. (ie feeding the homeless) When otherwise they would still die, and their bodies decay in the woods. <-- that is somehow much more acceptable to you.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 5:52pm
The actual problem is jmac3's poor communication skills:

The evidence:

Exhibit A:  The title of this thread as selected by FE

We ought to ban hunting. . .

Exhibit B:  jmac3's first post in the thread

What a dumbass video.

I agree though. Hunting is useless.

It is easy to see why, despite his later protests, everyone assumed jmac3 wanted to ban hunting.

To complicate matters, jmac3 has become so invested in his viewpoint that he ignored the points (with included citations) that were made about the positive effects of hunting in regards to feeding the poor and preserving the health of deer populations.  These points were dismissed not with counter-rebuttals based on cited evidence, but on the basis that they did not meet his personal definition of "useful."  Those of us grounded in reality realize that while neither benefit may be the primary purpose of hunting, both outcomes are indeed useful.  Despite his denials of being the "Anti-FE," becoming so wedded to a viewpoint that one is forced to redefine reality in order to continue supporting it in the face of overwhelming contradicting evidence is a hallmark of those on the far right/left extremes of the political landscape.

As an off-topic note, if being useless was a reason to ban anything, paintball would probably be near the top of the "get rid of" list.

Edited by Mack - 01 October 2009 at 5:53pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 5:54pm

Reb, environmental benefits? Oh sorry killing animals to stop them from dying must be a benefit...

I am in complete awe that this concept is a difficult one to grasp.

If you look at that link I put up to Gettysburg National Military Park, (anyone?) you'll see that the park deemed 25 deer per mile is a good number. Any more, and the competition for food becomes serious enough to warrant malnutrition and starvation for ALL deer.

Or, if you prefer:

Pretend you and a friend order a pizza. Its got 8 slices. That pizza can very effectively feed two people. Now pretend that the pizza place closed and there will be no more pizza. You've got that one, and that's it. If its just you and your friend, you'll be fine.
Now pretend that 7 other friends show up wanting pizza. You've got 8 slices. Someone will go without, and EVERYONE will be unsatisfied.

Same premise, more severe since animals lack the capacity to seek food elsewhere, like sending one of those 7 moochers to Wendy's late night menu to pick up more food.

There's so much more to it than that too, at least in terms of environmental benefits.
Excessive grazing by herbivorous animals (I get extra points for the big word right?) can lead to vegetation taking a severe beating. I've seen pine trees stripped of needles and the young branches bitten off by deer who couldn't get enough nutrition from the usual food sources. if eating sticks isn't an indication of excessive competition for food, I don't know what is.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 01 October 2009 at 6:08pm

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 5:55pm
True first post saying I agree may have thrown it off.

I also didn't disregard the positive effects of hunting. I merely said there are other ways to get the same effects.
Que pasa?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 5:59pm

True first post saying I agree may have thrown it off.

I also didn't disregard the positive effects of hunting. I merely said there are other ways to get the same effects.

I never was under the impression that you wanted hunting banned- but I disagreed with your definition of 'useful'

Other ways to get the same outcomes, but not nearly as effective or cost effective (ew redundancy) as hunting is.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:02pm
erm reb, I didnt post that mssg that u quoted bud.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:05pm

erm reb, I didnt post that mssg that u quoted bud.

Someone did, I was addressing that. Not necessarily you.

**edit: i found it. sorry

Edited by Reb Cpl - 01 October 2009 at 6:07pm

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:07pm

Sneaky how am I an ass?I am the one that people are being an ass too lately, including you.
Well you do have an ass in your avatar.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:09pm
To add to the above, delusions of persecution are a trademark of the outer extremes of the political limits as well.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:09pm

nvm u fixed it.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 01 October 2009 at 6:10pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:20pm
I don't have a delusion of persecution.

Just seems lately it is gang up on jmac even when I am not arguing anything.

See: National ID Thread. My first post and then OS's response to me.

See: oldpb's sig.
Que pasa?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:26pm
When you compare that to the way people treat FE (who doesn't even call folks "retards" or make comments like "kthxdie,") it doesn't even really register on the persecution scale.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:30pm

jmac do you even remember how much ppl hated me when I started on this forum?

In all fairness, as I did at the time. You earn your reputation.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:31pm
FE brought it on himself.

From his posts as the reaper he attacked people.

He then continually posts threads no one cares about and has ridiculously extreme views.

I call people retards more because it is an everyday word for me. I delete swears on occasion because I type them up and realize I can't say them.
Que pasa?

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:35pm
FE doesn't straight up call people retards, but he does say things like "<link> read this, if you can read."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:37pm

The N-word is still an everyday used word for some. Doesn't really change its impact.

Is retard anywhere near as offensive? No. But its has the same basic aim, retard just isnt a racial slur.

Edit: Eville that one still has me annoyed with him...

Edited by __sneaky__ - 01 October 2009 at 6:38pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

When you compare that to the way people treat FE (who doesn't even call folks "retards" or make comments like "kthxdie,") it doesn't even really register on the persecution scale.

QF Freakin T

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:40pm
Sneaky, the N word is hardly a bad word.

I use it all the time with black people.

It's just people who have sand in their vag.
Que pasa?

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:48pm
Man, jmac is freaking eloquent with his posts AND he is well-spoken, respectful, respectable, and an all around good guy to have a conversation with. 
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Edited by Gatyr - 01 October 2009 at 6:49pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

FE doesn't straight up call people retards, but he does say things like "<link> read this, if you can read."

If that offends you, hand in your man-card.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic