Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
khamvongsa09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khamvongsa09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...
    Posted: 22 September 2009 at 7:38pm

Edited by khamvongsa09 - 27 September 2009 at 10:55am
Fight For What's Right
Troopr View Drop Down
strike one/filter dodging-11/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:03pm
Hope this helps...

Basic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxBMWnWJxGg

Trigger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Nwaw5yxlk&feature=related

Edited by Troopr - 22 September 2009 at 8:03pm
<3's Paintball w/
TippMann Alpha Black Tactical Marker
TippMann Project Salvo Marker
After Market E-Trigger
TippMann SSL-200 E-Hopper
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 9:34pm
if it isnt broke dont fix it....

also you should have thought before hand if you would be able to put it back together.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by ctchofday ctchofday wrote:

if it isnt broke dont fix it....

also you should have thought before hand if you would be able to put it back together.
if you don't know the whole picture don't assume. This is his first Tippmann. I hope the links helped khamvongsa.

After the first and second time you'll have some confidence about it. It took me 3 times before I really felt confident about maintenance on my Alpha Black.
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:19pm

you're right i assumed he didnt know how to put it back together... and guess what i was right

whether or not it was broken, im not sure of.... but im pretty sure it wasnt and he took it apart to install an upgrade he purchased. which is where "if it isnt broken dont fix it" comes in to play.

also seeing as he had it FULLY disassemled which is highly uneccessary for normal repairs, again leads me to believe he took it apart for a reason that had nothing to do with marker functionality.

its not hard to figure out, and if he had been paying attention when he took it apart, he could easily put it back together correctly.

Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:56pm

you're right i assumed he didnt know how to put it back together... and guess what i was right

whether or not it was broken, im not sure of.... but im pretty sure it wasnt and he took it apart to install an upgrade he purchased. which is where "if it isnt broken dont fix it" comes in to play.

also seeing as he had it FULLY disassemled which is highly uneccessary for normal repairs, again leads me to believe he took it apart for a reason that had nothing to do with marker functionality.

its not hard to figure out, and if he had been paying attention when he took it apart, he could easily put it back together correctly.

This is what he was doing:
http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=183021
Doing a little after purchase check up and it looks like he was doing it for the first time... might have gone a little over board taking the trigger apart... but what ever... I'm just here to try and help him w/ links.
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
khamvongsa09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khamvongsa09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Troopr Troopr wrote:

.....you're right i assumed he didnt know how to put it back together... and guess what i was rightwhether or not it was broken, im not sure of.... but im pretty sure it wasnt and he took it apart to install an upgrade he purchased. which is where "if it isnt broken dont fix it" comes in to play.also seeing as he had it FULLY disassemled which is highly uneccessary for normal repairs, again leads me to believe he took it apart for a reason that had nothing to do with marker functionality.its not hard to figure out, and if he had been paying attention when he took it apart, he could easily put it back together correctly.
This is what he was doing: http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=183021Doing a little after purchase check up and it looks like he was doing it for the first time... might have gone a little over board taking the trigger apart... but what ever... I'm just here to try and help him w/ links.

Well, I got everything back in place except the part where the gas line connects to the Power tube... I unfortunately have the "newer model" so most of the videos on youtube don't show me how to put the Gas line back... I'll just call Tippmann and ask they're tech support.
Fight For What's Right
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 10:29am
Newer model? As in the 98 Platinum? The gas line connection is simple, just make sure the nut is on the gas line end, tuck it all inside the recievers where it goes, then once you button the recievers up, just tighten the gas line down. It friction-fits against the valve.

The manual is very clear about how to disassemble and reassemble the gun. Did you read it before you started or use it and follow the instructions? If not, lesson learned.

As for you two bickering in this thread, knock it off. Either help someone, or dont post.
Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Newer model? As in the 98 Platinum? The gas line connection is simple, just make sure the nut is on the gas line end, tuck it all inside the recievers where it goes, then once you button the recievers up, just tighten the gas line down. It friction-fits against the valve.

The manual is very clear about how to disassemble and reassemble the gun. Did you read it before you started or use it and follow the instructions? If not, lesson learned.

As for you two bickering in this thread, knock it off. Either help someone, or dont post.
I'm sorry, won't happen again. I will try my best.

Good luck with your marker khamvongsa09, and have fun out there. Wink
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
Gravdigr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravdigr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 6:13pm
I always take stuff apart when I get it.  I want to know how it works.  Usually I am good at figuring out how to reassemble but I usually take a few pics with my digital camera that I can blow up on my laptop should I get confused on reassembly.  Next time try this, it can be a life saver.

I see Tippmann has videos for disassembly for the tpx and x7, yet folks are still waiting for one on the 98 which has been out longer than both of the others combined.

Ctchofday, congratulations on 2 completely useless posts which did nothing to help the OP in any way other than to discourage him from learning how his marker works.  Padded that post count tho eh?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic