Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Bought a used A5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Troopr View Drop Down
strike one/filter dodging-11/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Bought a used A5
    Posted: 22 September 2009 at 2:46pm
Great condition... and it came with a flat-line barrel and a 16 inch barrel as well... I was going to sell the flat-line for store credit at my local paintball shop...

Reasons
1: Its used...
2: Money better used elsewhere?
3: I was under the impression by several people that the backspin on the ball with a flat-line tends to lower the tagging/breaking potential of the ball on its target. So, I was going to stick to the standard barrels.

Same with the Response Trigger, I'm thinking of trading it in for Store Credit.... maybe get an E-Trigger... idk.

Any thoughts or opinions?... should this be in a different forum?

<3's Paintball w/
TippMann Alpha Black Tactical Marker
TippMann Project Salvo Marker
After Market E-Trigger
TippMann SSL-200 E-Hopper
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 4:32pm
right place.  what did you pay for it? oil it up with the recommended oil (non petroleum based) maybe replace O rings.  "Used" sometimes means "someone elses headache".
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 4:39pm
I got a crap load of stuff with it some stocks, and shrouds, pods, pod pack, barrels, R/T, compression grip, a side mount rail, and CO2 tanks (I'm thinking of selling the tanks)... all for $200... Idk if its a deal, I got some feed back, and just bought it. I have some expendable funds atm... I will post pictures here and in the marker gallery tonight when I get home.
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 4:46pm
Until I get it up to date internaly I am going to keep my Alpha Black as my main gun... Wink

I might keep the R/T for the A5 and sell the flat-line to help me get an e-trigger for the AB! Big smile
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 4:46pm
Try to get an HPA tank.  My experience with CO2 and the A5 wasn't great when the temperature dropped.  The cyclone would not work.  A few of the other forumers will give you more advice/suggestions on the Flatline and the response trigger.  After asking a lot of questions, reading stickies and bugging a few of my fellow forumers, I have come to the conclusion,  keep it simple and light.

Edited by Ceesman762 - 22 September 2009 at 4:48pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Try to get an HPA tank.  My experience with CO2 and the A5 wasn't great when the temperature dropped.  The cyclone would not work.  A few of the other forumers will give you more advice/suggestions on the Flatline and the response trigger.  After asking a lot of questions, reading stickies and bugging a few of my fellow forumers, I have come to the conclusion,  keep it simple and light.
I have a HPA tank and I just ordered a new Regulator for it... Plus I read a little bit about  the flat-line and I think I would rather aim up to arch the ball and have a higher break rate than shoot level and have a backspin, plus I have read a lot about how picky the flat-line is on paint, I might keep the flat-line for a week or two so I can check it out..., but I probably will end up selling the flat-line. The A5 also came with a long barrel... I think 14in or 16in... so no real loss if I do sell the flat-line.

Edited by Troopr - 22 September 2009 at 5:24pm
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 6:02pm
Just know that the longer barrel won't add range like the Flatline will. I love my Flatty.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 6:17pm
Yeah, play with it first.  You'll probably either love it or really not care for it, but either way, try it to make sure.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 9:03pm
Whoever told you that the Flatline (FL) is less likely to break paint on target is a bit off the mark.  This is a common misconception due to the fact that the FL is capable of hitting targets at ranges other barrels can't even touch at legal velocities.  The downside to this is that accuracy by volume is pretty much required at these ranges and, because of the lower velocities at the longer range, the paint is less likely to break.  This has to be weighed against the fact that the FL allows hits (thus a chance of a break and elimination) at ranges where you otherwise wouldn't even be getting the hits.  This means it makes a great tool for suppressive fire.  I have used a FL to deny the other team access to a huge piece of territory in woods games because even with less chance of a break, targets have to take cover because they can't risk a hit on a hard surface such as a pod, elbow, mask, etc.

At ranges comparable to to those reached by other barrels, the FL still has a better chance of breaking for two reasons:  First, it is hitting the target at a 90* angle which provides a direct, as opposed to indirect, contact and second, tests have shown that the FL actually retains velocity slightly better at these ranges.

Most of the other stuff mentioned is pretty accurate.  The FL is picky on paint and performance is easily affected by environmental conditions.  However, a well tuned FL can rain misery upon the opposition in the right circumstances.  I consider them special purpose barrels as opposed to daily use barrels.
Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 10:53pm
Hmm, I think I'm going to keep the flat-line at least for a little while. I'm going to have to get use to the R/T, I tried it this afternoon, I could not quite get the hang of it... I also ordered a Ricochet R5 Smoke Hopper for it.

Picture:

Edited by Troopr - 22 September 2009 at 10:55pm
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
WestCoastBaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestCoastBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 12:04am
nice A5.  i too recently bought a used A5 from a good buddy of mine who got out of the game.  mine came with the same stock, but no R/T or FL. i did get a Freak with it though, also another cheaper **edited**tier gun (for free), another remote kit.  the gun was updated with polished internals, and an expansion chamber like yours, but not quite as big. i will have to post some pics of my markers when i get home from work
98Custom -- custom camo job, A-5 barrel

A-5 -- polished internals, "Freak" barrel, CO2 reservoir

JT Tac5 Recon -- all stock *SOLD*
Troopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 12:16am
Sweet! Smile
<3's Paintball w/
After Market E-Trigger
diablomotoracing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diablomotoracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 8:48pm
i just picked up an A-5 looks stock... need to break it down and clean it up...

I keep reading about polished internals, keep stock internals, and the FL is the way to go...

I am looking at an empty canvas Wink help me become Michelangelo and paint the 16th chapel on peoples faces... lol
Don't hate me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic