Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Major leak with the A5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kiittyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiittyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major leak with the A5
    Posted: 22 September 2009 at 9:22am
So I played an indoor game with some friends in an old house the other day (major fun, try it!) and soon after, I started hearing a faint air leak near the tombstone. When I got home, I cracked it open to check for any bad o-rings and didn't find any. When i put it back together and connected the air to see if I fixed it, it started leaking big time. There's a huge air leak somewhere around the tombstone/barrel adapter. I'm thinking it's the valve, but I'm having a helluva hard time pulling it out of the front bolt.

For the record, it's a relatively new marker and I use HPA.

Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks all!
GT Army.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 10:26am
Pulling the valve out of the front bolt? Im utterly confused there. Im thinking youre calling something the wrong name. Refer to the parts diagram in your manual.

Most likely you messed with the o-ring in the valve that seals against the tombstone adapter. If you removed that o-ring, did you forget to put the washer in with it? Did you put the washer in FIRST then the o-ring?
DVLCHLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVLCHLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 9:26pm
Yea, the tombstone O-ring is leaking. That O-ring has to be flawless and the surface on the tombstone that rests against that O-ring has to be nice and smooth. Even if the O-ring looks perfect it can be defective. Replace the O-ring and oil the new one before installing the tombstone.
I've never seen anyone own the woods because of what marker they use.
goders85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goders85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 5:39pm
hello there ive had the same problom so i will change my oring and see what happens cheres
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic