Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sierra One Upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_gordon_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _gordon_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sierra One Upgrades
    Posted: 11 September 2009 at 5:09pm
Hello everyone

I recently purchased a Tippman Sierra One. I have since added a NCSTAR 1x25 compact red dot and a Trinity action bipod.

I would now like to add the following items to the gun:

Custom 98 Cyclone Feed System
Tippmann Bravo one / Alpha Black Egrip
Lapco Bigshot - 98 - 14 inches - 690

This is my first gun, so lots of feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by _gordon_ - 11 September 2009 at 5:19pm
Maelstrom 1313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maelstrom 1313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 7:04pm
I don't exactly get what you're asking. Normally, you'd post questions that you have here.

In Wisconsin here, I have an Alpha Black, and I set it up with an e-grip, cyclone, and mostly for aesthetics I added a dovetail rail on the carry handle (have a red dot sight for it, but I find it pretty much useless anyways).

I really love the Lapco Bigshot barrel (tested my friend's A5 with it), except that he had his Apex ready (didn't have a tip though, so I lended him mine, seeing as I can't use it with my AB, but only my 98c). It's definately a good buy. I'm pretty sure you buy the tip seperately (buy an Apex barrel and remove it), but it's worth it if you want to spend the extra $40 (lots of fun to play with the arc).

If you get an e-grip, make sure you get the cyclone with it, or there's no point of just using a gravity feed for it, as it won't feed fast enough. Any other questions, post them up. I'll try to help (or others who are certainly more experienced than me will).

Good job researching before you buy. Those are the things that I'd recommend for a AB/BO marker.
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 9:50pm

Hes Canadian(maybe) and wants to know what we think of his setup.

Its a great and reliable setup youve got right now, I would suggest trying a marker that has a cyclone feed first before buying one, just incase you prefer using a hopper instead. Lapco is a great barrel choice, Id like to know where you are In Canada though(or Europe, or wherever else they call a sierra/sarjo a siearra one) Because it would help me to understand a bit more about your choice of barrel size(as you read more about paintball you will learn about bore sizing, under/overboring and such)
its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 10:11pm

When the AB was released, the Sierra One (same thing) was released in Canada.

The reason is, at the time Alpha Black was U.S. Army branded if I'm not wrong.

Luc McCloud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc McCloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

When the AB was released, the Sierra One (same thing) was released in Canada.

The reason is, at the time Alpha Black was U.S. Army branded if I'm not wrong.

Yup, the Canadians dont get Alpha blacks or Project Salvos. Those are US ARMY endorsed models. Instead, they get the Sierra One and another one (cant rememberthe name) which are practically the same thing.

I believe the Sierra One is the Canadian version of the Project Salvo.

Anyways, Unless you have a E-Trigger or a RT, I personally dont see myself getting a Cyclone system. But then again, I'm new so I could be speaking out of my *insert name for unpleasant place here*.

As for the Barrel, I heard good things bout the stock barrel, but again, thats purely preference.

The Egrips I hear can be a pain to setup, and if that battery dies, then yer out for the day. the gun wont shoot. But if you wantt hat egrip and such, then go for it =P

My personal opinion? Go for the barrel, but dont bother with a E Grip or Cyclone system.

Now lets see how much I get chewed out by the pros =P
The "Arctic Fox"; Insanity at its Finest!

Since only experts and veterns can give their opinions and nobody listens to those who are new, I'll just leave and make everyone happy.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 11:34pm
Sorry, meant Bravo One.
The Sierra is our Salvo. Embarrassed
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by _gordon_ _gordon_ wrote:

Hello everyone

I recently purchased a Tippman Sierra One. I have since added a NCSTAR 1x25 compact red dot and a Trinity action bipod.

I would now like to add the following items to the gun:

Custom 98 Cyclone Feed System
Tippmann Bravo one / Alpha Black Egrip
Lapco Bigshot - 98 - 14 inches - 690

This is my first gun, so lots of feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Decent choices, you may find that you do not use the bipod very often though and that it just adds unneeded weight, but you never know. As for barrels, look into the J&J as well. Due to the ceramic inner coating, they are well reputed for being able to "shoot thorugh a break". In other words, you don't have to stop and swab the barrel clean, just tilt the gun upside down to clear the breach, shoot a few times and you are good to go until you have time to stop and clean it properly.  I have used them on various markers and always been a fan.

E-grips are not a pain to adjust. Sometimes they can be finicky, but most issues relate to low/dead batteries, pinched wires, and/or incorrect installation. Always keep a couple of fresh batteries in your toolbox. And by fresh, I mean buy them within a week at a store where the inventory is turned often. Don't stop at the Quicky Mart where you may be buying a 2 year old battery. Also, most commercial fields will have a proshop and/or batteries.

Keep in mind, if you are going to upgrade the ROF, you will need to upgrade your hopper. Look into a cylcone, which is actually powered by excess blowback from the marker or a battery operated force fed hopper like a Veiwloader Revolution (there are lots of choices here). A non-agitated gravity fed hopper will only support 7-8 bps. You will chop at higher ROF.

And I beleive that the Sierra and Bravo One are actually used everywhere outside of the U.S., not just Canada.   

Edited by oldpbnoob - 12 September 2009 at 6:22pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Luc McCloud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc McCloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

And I beleive that the Sierra and Bravo One are actually used everywhere outside of the U.S., not just Canada.   

Everywhere that sells tippmann products outside the USA. For the sole reason that Project Salvo and Alpha Black are US ARMY endorsed.
The "Arctic Fox"; Insanity at its Finest!

Since only experts and veterns can give their opinions and nobody listens to those who are new, I'll just leave and make everyone happy.
_gordon_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _gordon_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 5:40am
Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to go with a 14" J&J Ceramic, instead of the 14" Lapco Bigshot.

Edited by _gordon_ - 15 September 2009 at 5:43am
sthill0130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthill0130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 11:13am
HI
      I have just purchased a sierra one it very cool. I already had a etek ego thats very cool but i went and got a new gun i am happy with my purchas but was going to get a ripclip for the gun but did not know if there was a diffrence with the ripclips our are they a one size fits all type of thing. it will help alot if you can tell me any thing about the ripclip its my first time using a ripclip or scenario marker.
Luther View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:55pm

Wrong!! I' m Canada and have had my "Alpha black" US Army Edition  for 2 years now so YES you can get them in Canada.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic