Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Knock Indoctrination?... It obviously WORKS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

OK, now that it is over, lets just have the same styled congressional hearing on the funding, and other issues the Dems brought up on the Bush speech and we can put this away.

No, because the issue with the Bush speech was that it was on the eve of an election in which he was a candidate.  It was a campaign finance issue, not - whatever you think think this issue is.

Obama is not running for anything at the moment, so it does not apply.

What exactly would you like to cover in your congressional hearings?  What wrongdoing exactly would you have Congress investigate?

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 5:37pm
Reb FTW. My thoughts on this whole issue are pretty much exactly the same as what is written in Reb's post. Even if he was trying to forward some kind of devious agenda, he'd be a fool for targeting people that can't vote and generally don't even care about politics. Of all the silly things the president is doing, why choose to complain about something that is probably more good than bad? Hell, I'd argue that it isn't bad at all. Indoctrination is generally very bad but allowing our nation's leader to try to inspire children to work hard and stay in school is in no way a bad thing. While it may fit the definition of indoctrination, can you really say that you don't support those ideas?

Edited by mod98commando - 08 September 2009 at 5:42pm
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 5:45pm
Apparently I was sitting on this page for a long time...

Edited by ParielIsBack - 08 September 2009 at 5:46pm
BU Engineering 2012
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

Obama is not running for anything at the moment, so it does not apply.

I don't know, I'm fairly certain that as soon as a president is elected for a first term, they're already campaigning for a second. From day one.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:36pm
The key difference is still that it's not actually during an electoral campaign.

Given that Bush got away with it, I have a feeling that it would it be difficult to fault Obama, in addition to your statement being somewhere beyond nit-picking.

Edited by ParielIsBack - 08 September 2009 at 9:36pm
BU Engineering 2012
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 1:22pm
Hey, religious groups indoctornate their kids, why can't the political groups?

screw free thinking, who needs that?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Hey, religious groups indoctornate their kids, why can't the political groups?

screw free thinking, who needs that?

You couldn't be bothered too look at the title, or what?

Also, if this counts as indoctrination, we're all gonna have to take our kids out of school.  Teachers do far more to young minds than Barack will ever do (and that came out sounding just a little bit too sexual).
BU Engineering 2012
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 5:33pm
So I haven't read this thread, but I did read Obama's speech to schoolkids. Anyone who is upset is retarded and shouldn't have kids in the first place. It's nothing but positive reenforcement and discussing the future of themselves/ the country.

Nothing controversial, nothing about the evil republicans, etc.
Grow up, get over it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

So I haven't read this thread, but I did read Obama's speech to schoolkids. Anyone who is upset is retarded and shouldn't have kids in the first place. It's nothing but positive reenforcement and discussing the future of themselves/ the country.

Grow up, get over it.

How would you know, you don't even live in this country! Wink
BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 7:44pm
That's why my opinion is more valid.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 7:50am
I thought this part of Obama's talk to the school children was interesting...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office...ld-High-School/

"And one of the things that we started doing as soon as I came in -- we get thousands of letters -- I think it's 40,000 letters a day -- letters or e-mails -- a day from people all across the country, on all different subjects. And one of the things we started doing was trying to get 10 letters every day, sort of a sample of letters that I read personally. So at the end of my day, along with my big briefing book of things I have to read to prepare for the next day -- education policy, or health care, or what's happening in Afghanistan -- I have these 10 letters from ordinary folks.

And you read these letters and some of them are really inspiring. People talk about how they're the first in their family to go to college, and they're having to work full-time but they're sure that they are going to get a better job and a better career, and so they're sticking with it even though that it's hard.

Some of the stories are really depressing. You hear about people who are sick but don't have health care, and suddenly they get a bill for $100,000, and there's no way they can pay for it, and they're about to lose their house.

And you're just reminded that the country is full of really good people who sometimes are going through a hard time. They just need a break. They need a little bit of help. Maybe the way things are set up right now isn't always fair for people, and that motivates you, because you say, well, I can't make everything perfect, I can't prevent somebody from getting sick, but maybe I can make sure that they've got insurance so that when they do get sick, they're going to get some help."

"STUDENT: Hi, my name is Sean. And my question is, currently 36 countries have universal health coverage, including Iraq and Afghanistan, which have it paid for by the United States. Why can't the United States have universal health coverage?

(what 9th grader knows that 36 countries have universal health coverage?... nice planted question btw)

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I think that's the question I've been asking Congress, because I think we need it. I think we can do it. And I'm going to be making a speech tomorrow night talking about my plan to make sure that everybody has access to affordable health care.

Part of what happened is that back in the 1940s and '50s a lot of -- most of the wealthy countries around the world decided to set up health care systems that covered everybody. The United States -- for a number of different reasons -- organized their health care around employer-based health insurance. So what happened was, is that you basically got your health insurance through your job. And you can see some problems with that. Number one is if you lose your job, then you don't have health insurance. The other thing is some employers may not want to do right by their employees by giving them health insurance, and then they're kind of out of luck.

And so what happened was, is that the majority of Americans still have health insurance through their job and most of them are happy with it, but a lot of people fall through the cracks. If you're self-employed, if you start your own business, if you are working in a job that doesn't offer health insurance, then you're -- you have real problems.

So what we're trying to do is set up a system where people who have health insurance on the job, they can keep it, but if you don't have health insurance for the job, if you're self-employed, if you're unemployed, that you're able to get health insurance through another way. And we can afford to do it and it will actually, I think, over time save us money if we set that up. All right?"

But, here is what the media covered instead of this...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington...th-graders.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...omments/page/2/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington...ticalpower.html

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09...ool-and-advice/

So all those news sources covered this back and forth, and yet they all missed the stuff I just posted... hmm thats weird.

So, although the government has maxed out its credit and is now asking for more... We CAN afford another 900 billion (lowball Obama estimate).

Oh, and from his speech last night. Loved the whole "no more scare tactics will be permitted" followed up by "people will die if we don't do something"...

Nice hypocrisy there...

And we ALL believe that it will be cost neutral... And you can save billions by running a government program efficiently... Which has NEVER happened, and why are you JUST NOW trying to save some money from all the waste and corruption? It wasn't important before?...

Typical...

No wonder he wanted to take over GM. This guy is a used car salesman at best, lies, spin, and "change"...
They tremble at my name...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:04am
^is he seriously still here?
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

^is he seriously still here?

yes but nobody bothers to argue with him anymore. he"s like the one kid in school nobody liked and always tried to get himself attention
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 4:30pm
OS, for the first bold part, all he said was that our current system has flaws.  He didn't mention his, plan, someone else plan, or any plan at all.  I don't think there is anyone in this country who would disagree with the statement that our system has flaws.  What is your point?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Don't have a clue what he said and didn't plan on listening to him.  (Mainly because I am not a fan and I prefer to read it later.)  With that said, I'm not getting all butthurt about him addressing the kids either.

My theory is that any parent who is so worried that a single speech by the president will destroy all of the beliefs they have tried to instill in their children either knows they have a crappy belief system or is just really ineffectual at sharing/explaining their world view.

Grow up, get over it.

Good advice.  (In the last line there.)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 8:17pm
Obama talking = nono. Bush talking = sure why not

also

wth...baptism?

Edited by choopie911 - 12 September 2009 at 8:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic