FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1982 Honda ATC 200 (3-wheeler) *pics*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 Honda ATC 200 (3-wheeler) *pics*
    Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:08am
So a friend of mine has been a 3-wheeler, or trike, enthusiast for a few years now. A couple months ago, he found the aforementioned trike on Craigslist for $150. It ran alright for awhile, then died and was locked up in gear, and all sorts of other problems. He bought another one (250, electric start, front and rear suspension) that actually ran, and told me I could have this one if I could get it running.

To make a long story short, the previous owners put a high compression piston in it and messed it up badly. The rings were cracked and blown apart, and the connecting rod was scored so badly where the pin slides in, that the piston barely moved. (It's supposed to slide freely). Luckily, the inside of the cylinder was still in good shape. I don't know how.

So my dad and I tore the whole thing apart, got a new clutch, new piston, new rings, new valve seals, new connecting rod and crank. The thing runs great now. Can't wait for the break in process to be done.

Oh, and sorry about the "product placement". I just opened it before I took the pic.

Also, I have a good amount of experience riding trikes. Yes, they're dangerous, but like anything, when you know the machine's limits and don't do stupid things, they can be a lot of fun. The thing beats you to hell, but I love it.

Side note- It seems I always end up with this machines of yesteryear. 1970-something Honda SL-70 for example. That thing is getting rebuilt soon as well.

Edited by Benjichang - 13 August 2009 at 10:17am
I<3FE View Drop Down
Guested - Idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3FE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:17am
Drinkin PBR and riding a 3 wheeler. Sounds safe...... Big smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:19am
Originally posted by I<3FE I<3FE wrote:

Drinkin PBR and riding a 3 wheeler. Sounds safe...... Big smile
The little compartment in the back holds 4 cans.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:36am
Party Trike!
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 11:00am
I have an 84 Honda 250 2 wheeler. My dad bought it brand new and has own it ever since.
I can't even begin to count how many times I should have die on that thing. So much fun.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 11:18am
hahaah you would drink Pabst.

Anyways i thought those were illegal due to the flipping over?
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 11:49am
That's why they stopped making them.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 11:58am
dude let some air out of those tires... No wonder its beating you to death...

I run about 2 psi in my warrior... WAY smoother ride.

I used to race 3 wheelers back in the 80's very fun leaning way over to keep 'em from flipping over.
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

dude let some air out of those tires... No wonder its beating you to death...

I run about 2 psi in my warrior... WAY smoother ride.

I used to race 3 wheelers back in the 80's very fun leaning way over to keep 'em from flipping over.
It's down to 3 psi.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

Illegal to manufacture, not to own.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Party Trike!

lol.
I<3FE View Drop Down
Guested - Idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3FE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

Illegal to manufacture, not to own.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:48pm
No way... that rear tire in your pic has way more than 3 psi...

You can tell because it isn't slouching at all. It is sitting up on the center treads... Meaning it has at least 10 psi... which equals bumpyitybump on the trails.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:54pm
Here is mine.

I just replaced the stator, ignition coil, and bored out the engine to about 373cc's. It is very fast.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:30pm
lol. My friends 14 year old sister rips a Warrior. I thought you were a Man FE, step your game up.

Benji thats a dope lil 3 wheeler, have fun on it man.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

No way... that rear tire in your pic has way more than 3 psi...

You can tell because it isn't slouching at all. It is sitting up on the center treads... Meaning it has at least 10 psi... which equals bumpyitybump on the trails.

Old pic is old? It's been at 3 for awhile, after I realized that it was overfilled.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic