Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Facts About ObamaCare, What you need to know...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 8:21am
I don't see anything being changed in that link.

Even if it was, her stupid post didn't do anything. All the whining by people that don't know what the word voluntary mean did.
Que pasa?

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 9:42am
Are you seriously contending that a post on Sarah Palins Facebook was really the impetus for changing a bill in congress? Really? I think you need a check up from the neck up my friend if you sincerely beleive this.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 9:47am
They tremble at my name...
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 9:54am
If people would stop saying they are required "death panels", the bill wouldn't have been changed to suit the idiots.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:12am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:14am

Wow, I guess I got pwned! Who can argue with irrefutable proof like that? ZOMG Sarah Palin is rewriting the history books!!! From her lips to God's ears, maybe she can do something about making Hockey more popular.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 17 August 2009 at 10:17am
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:14am
Why does Canada keep getting brought up? If I understand correctly, the proposed U.S. system isn't going to be modeling Canada's. 
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:16am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Wow, I guess I got pwned! Who can argue with irrefutable proof like that? ZOMG Sarah Palin is rewriting the history books!!!

Maybe we can start calling her "The Messiah". Because that hasn't ever been done before.     

<insert sarcasm tag>
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Why does Canada keep getting brought up? If I understand correctly, the proposed U.S. system isn't going to be modeling Canada's. 
Que pasa?

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 5:11pm

Edited by StormyKnight - 17 August 2009 at 5:11pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Wow, I guess I got pwned! Who can argue with irrefutable proof like that? ZOMG Sarah Palin is rewriting the history books!!!

Maybe we can start calling her "The Messiah". Because that hasn't ever been done before.     

<insert sarcasm tag>

It'd have to be "The Missiah," I believe the President claimed the other tag (according to some of his supporters) during the campaign.

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I think FE was aiming that towards some of the Canadian forumers and their comments regarding the superiority of their system.

But , if the U.S. proposal is unlike the Canadian system, then there is no point in making that comparison is there?  (For good or bad purposes.)

Edited by Mack - 18 August 2009 at 7:21pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I speak the truth
There you go with your fancy logic again.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:09am

First, I'd say the main reason that the Canadian system keeps getting brought up is that most people don't understand the differences between the various styles of government run health care. Second, the idea of a single payer insurance is actually supported by quite a few members of this forum including myself. Even though it is not what is currently being proposed, which as far as I understand it is just euthanasia for the elderly and death panels for the sick at this point, they like to use a boogy man. Because they are fun.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:15am
I think it's discriminatory to limit euthanasia to the elderly.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I think it's discriminatory to limit euthanasia to the elderly.

Eagerly anticipating future court rulings.

Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 1:47am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, canada's system is so great...

Heh, heh!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this anymore, but do you actually think that this article helps your position?

Because it really doesn't...  At least if you read past the first paragraph.

Oh - and euthanasia certainly shouldn't be limited to the elderly.  Heck, the elderly shouldn't be the main beneficiaries.  And if you look to the historical and current practice of euthanasia, that is what you will find.  It is about the ill and injured, not the old.  There were some interesting articles a ways back about "death tourists" to Switzerland...

Edited by Peter Parker - 19 August 2009 at 1:49am

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 1:52am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Nice try Petie... It was a strawman argument, and everyone else can read...

pbnoob's hypothetical wasn't a strawman - it was a hypothetical.  They are not the same.

But regardless, that does nothing to change your fundamental statement that physicians have an obligation to provide healthcare to all, regardless of ability to pay.

And THAT is pretty much the definition of socialized healthcare.

(except for illegal immigrants, of course - we owe them no moral duty at all)

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 2:25am

They all roll over in their graves every times FE links a source.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:52pm

And the truth comes out as to why tort reform isn't in the bill...

The Liberals who wrote the bill, are beholden to the trial lawyers, and unions. I'm shocked, who would have thought...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 3:59pm
Since this isn't new thread worthy I'll just leave this here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic