Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fatalis67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatalis67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alpha Black failure
    Posted: 11 August 2009 at 1:41am
I was using my Alpha Black tactical (no e-trigger) for the 5th time yesterday and it was working awesomely until I refilled by CO2 tank and when I screw it in all the way a giant cloud of gas sprays out of the end of the gun uncontrollably and for no apparent reason. I'm not experienced with paintball markers so I really don't want to try to dismantle it or anything myself, does anyone know what this would be caused by?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 10:02am
If by "end of the gun," you mean the ASA (air source adapter), the place the CO2 screws into, it sounds like you damaged the o-ring on the tank.

A little bit of oil on this o-ring each time before it goes in the ASA will make it last longer.  The stickied posts at the top of the forums contain other useful information such as proper tank installation procedures and should be reviewed.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 10:31am
if by end of the gun you mean the barrel, make sure you cock the gun before you air it up. 
Fatalis67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatalis67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 4:06am
@ Mack: The tank isn't the issue it's the gun. I tried it with a different tank and same thing.
@ The Guy: I do.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:48pm
You still haven't told us which "end of the gun" you are referring to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic