FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday Obama!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Birthday Obama!
    Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:00am
Yeah!

Thank you for the debt that we will be paying for until we die.

Thank you for the broken promises on not increasing taxes on the poor. Its easy to pay an extra $1 per pack of smokes.

Thank you for closing my local post office.

Thank you for not having any exective experience and only having book knowledge so you could have on the job training in the white house.

Thank you for passing a budget that is way over what you bring in, even with your faulty numbers... (wow will it be bad when you figure in the actual revenue from taxes as they have dropped so much in the past year it is scary).

Thank you for turning on the printing presses and devaluing our currency.

Thank you for not allowing us to drill for our own oil in california and alaska. I love using foreign oil at high rates...

Thank you for not prosecuting the black panthers that intimidated voters in chicago, they didn't "mean" it...

Thank you for giving us timmy geithner.

Thank you for your supreme court nominee that is a racist, but really isn't... Until she has a court case in front of her...

Thank you for taking over the census, so that you can manipulate the voting for the next decade.

Thank you for cap and trade, it will be nice to lose more jobs and business as we send it overseas since we can't compete.

Thank you for your healthcare bill, single payer will be grand, and the way you manage everything else in government like the clunkers program, I'm sure the 1.5 trillion overbudget will actually be about 5 X that...

Oh, and thanks for clearing up the mixup about your comments on drudge yesterday.

Its good to see propaganda at work...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 04 August 2009 at 11:03am
They tremble at my name...
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:05am
tl;dr
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

ts;dr       baaaa 
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 12:54pm
If ever that WHARBLGRBL image was more appropriate.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 12:54pm
Oh I see what you did there.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:41pm
Just to pick one item to debate, why do you keep insisting only Obama has added to the nation's debt?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Just to pick one item to debate, why do you keep insisting only Obama has added to the nation's debt?

Because only Democrats do so.  It's not like the Republicans spent the last 8 years spending like drunken Democrats with gold cards in a house of ill repute after a three-day Southern Comfort binge.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:49pm
It must suck having Obama ruin your life so much, FE.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:53pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/17/AR2009051701728.html

It's true that since 1961 the federal budget has run deficits in all but five years. But the resulting government debt has consistently remained below 50 percent of GDP; that's the equivalent of a household with $100,000 of income having a $50,000 debt. (Note: Deficits are the annual gap between government's spending and its tax revenue. The debt is the total borrowing caused by past deficits.) Adverse economic effects, if any, were modest. But Obama's massive, future deficits would break this pattern and become more threatening.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

It must suck having Obama ruin your life so much, FE.

pfft.

I have a job...

I think it is funny how most of you guys that voted for him are still on his bandwagon, even after you have seen the results of your vote...

Good thing they taught you to listen to the teacher and never think for yourself...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:58pm
Irony.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:05pm
How was clunkers mismanaged?

Edited by Eville - 04 August 2009 at 2:05pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:06pm
How do you explain this?

Evidently Obama was furious that this tape is out there...

so he put this out this morning...

Do any of you buy this?

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 04 August 2009 at 2:14pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:07pm

Don't follow the money...

its all a ponzi scheme.

As to the clunkers program...

a program that was supposed to last until November 1, had spent the entire $1 billion allocated to it.  Let's just hope that the government takeover of the rest of the health care industry doesn't result in similar "success."

Oddly, it does't really matter what the difference is in the gas mileage between old "clunkers" and new cars.  Replacing an 18 mpg car with one that offers 22 mpg, gets you a subsidy.  But you cannot get a subsidy if you replace a 19 mpg car with one getting 45 mpg.

My friend replaced his 18 mpg F150 with a 19 mpg GM silverado... Yup, sounds like that was worth the government giving him $4,500 of our money...

The Obama administration also got the program's costs all wrong.  The money was spent so quickly that it lasted less than a week-- just 8 percent of the time that it was supposed to last. If the government gets the health care numbers this wrong, one can only imagine the damage to the deficit.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 04 August 2009 at 2:19pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:13pm
Again, FE, how was clunkers mismanaged?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:21pm

Are you really blaming Obama for the failure of the USPS? If anyone should be blamed, it should be Gore since he invented the interwebs......

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I am nothing but a tool to Fox News

Cash for clunkers was designed to do 2 things.  The first, encourage americans to buy new cars to stimulate the auto industry.  The second, get older dirtier cars off the road and replace them with cleaner cars.  The program was projected to take over 3 months to complete.  However, it was able to accomplish both goals, in 3 days.  250,000 old cars gone, 250,000 news cars sold in 3 days.  That is not a mismanagement or a failure, that is a great success.   "Lasting until November" was never a goal of the program.  Whoever thinks it was is nothing more than a fox news zombie out to discredit everything the left does, whether it makes sense or not. 

baaaaa
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:34pm
Go dig a hole and die in it.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Go dig a hole and die in it.

Don't change the subject to obamacare...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I am too cool 4 you.

Cash for clunkers was designed to do 2 things.  The first, encourage americans to buy new cars to stimulate the auto industry.  The second, get older dirtier cars off the road and replace them with cleaner cars.  The program was projected to take over 3 months to complete.  However, it was able to accomplish both goals, in 3 days.  250,000 old cars gone, 250,000 news cars sold in 3 days.  That is not a mismanagement or a failure, that is a great success.   "Lasting until November" was never a goal of the program.  Whoever thinks it was is nothing more than a fox news zombie out to discredit everything the left does, whether it makes sense or not. 

baaaaa

So clunkers proved we learned nothing from the housing crisis that started all this mess...

In the housing crisis, we had the democrats giving loans to people to buy houses they KNEW they couldn't afford.

And now, the clunkers program allowed people who couldn't afford a new car to get one...

I can guess what will happen... Lots of used cars will be repossesed soon when they don't pay for these cars...

Also, what is the value of these cars now?

My friend got a brand new truck that retailed for $34,000. He paid $18,000... What is it worth? He has driven it so logic would say it is now worth less than $18,000...

what about the guy who bought the same truck last month for $25,000... Guess what... His truck is now worth less than $18,000...

Sounds like it worked great...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 04 August 2009 at 2:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic