Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday Obama!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:


How does "we will release it when it is ready" equate to  "withholding data"?  Not only is incomplete data useless, but it can also be potentially dangerous. 
 
Or the data shows that the clunkers program was poorly managed... Which would be typical of this administration.
 
We already know that you only need to buy a car that gets
 
1 mpg more than your "clunker" to qualify for the rebate... Wow. thats impressive. Think of the billions of gallons of fuel that will be saved from this aggressive campaign funded with our dollars.
 
Well, some facts came out last night... And here is an article about the clunkers program.
 
 

Drumming up support for continuing the rebates, the Obama administration has pointed to data collected since the program began July 24:

-- Through early Tuesday, the clunkers program had recorded 157,000 transactions worth $664 million. (hmm, and $1 billion was used to buy $664 million worth of cars... Good thing the public is stupid and doesn't realize how much waste was in setting up this mess over 1/3 of the cost of the program was to run the program... Yup, $336,000,000 went to run it for 10 days... You can bet that health care will have the same "savings"...)

-- Eighty-three percent of the vehicles traded in were trucks or SUVs. (so we reward people who purchased gas guzzlers to begin with, not people who made "good" fuel efficient choices)

-- The new vehicles purchased on average get 9.6 more miles per gallon than the trade-ins, a fuel efficiency improvement of 61 percent.

 

"With clunkers, you've taken about four to five months of business and you've pushed it into a matter of days," Anwyl said. "I think we could see a real drop in sales activity after mid-September moving into October."

The environmental benefits are also being questioned. The new vehicles purchased with rebates get an average 25.4 mpg, according to the government's data.

But Dan Becker of the Center for Auto Safety suggested that taxpayers will end up spending $3 billion for less-than-stellar fuel economy gains.

"If it doesn't make economic sense and it doesn't make environmental sense, maybe it doesn't make any sense?" Becker said.

 
"Well, its good for the enviroment" I can hear someone on here saying...
 
 

WASHINGTON - "Cash for clunkers" could have the same effect on global warming pollution as shutting down the entire country — every automobile, every factory, every power plant — for an hour per year. That could rise to three hours if the program is extended by Congress and remains as popular as it is now.

Climate experts aren't impressed.

Compared to overall carbon dioxide emissions in the United States, the pollution savings from cash for clunkers do not noticeably move the fuel gauge. Environmental experts say the program — conceived primarily to stimulate the economy and jump-start the auto industry — is not an effective way to attack climate change.

"As a carbon dioxide policy, this is a terribly wasteful thing to do," said Henry Jacoby, a professor of management and co-director of the Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change at MIT. "The amount of carbon you are saving per federal expenditure is very, very small."

 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 7:55am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

The ironic part is that FreeEnterprise, and hyper-conservatives like him, are the ones preventing the Republican party from recovering. Forum Republicans - until you get guys like FE out of your party, you're doomed. I know I've said it before, but it's the same as the Democrats when split over the segregation issue. You have to get the crazy ones out of your party.

Even on this forum it seems like he has done more harm than good for his own "side." I quote side because being crazy and posting non-sequiturs when proven wrong time and time again isn't really a side.

By being a caricature of his own neo-conservative aura, I hope he has influenced a lot of people here to look up things for themselves, and I hope they have discovered the truth for themselves. Or at least read what others post in rebuttal to FE's tantrums and come out smarter from it.

He kind of acts as a sort of moving practice target. He argues the nonsensical, and people refute it with fact.

Hopefully, in the end, people here will read the fact that people post against FE and become smarter because of it.


 
Wow, you really are insecure huh...
 
So, in your diatribe you called me crazy, unable to prove an argument (yes, many examples in this thread alone.... Oh wait, not one, but no matter...) and I argue nonsensical... O kay. and throw tantrums...
 
Impressive, to be able to throw a tantrum with the written word... Obviously you are jealous at my ability to spark emotion with my words. One day you too will pick up this ability grasshopper.
 
heh, heh.
 
Show me the "facts" that I have been refuted with in this thread oh literary wonder?
 
 
And yes, the reason I still post is I enjoy knocking the liberal ideal on its side. As it is so easy to do when dealing with anti-logic.
 
"you have to spend money to keep from going bankrupt"... Wow, someone has read one to many textbooks, and never worked in the real world to make statements like that and believe them.
 
One day all of you will grow up and realize the folly of the liberal experiment. The day you are waiting in line to see a doctor only to be told that you have to wait. Or the day you realize exactly how much you pay for this "utopia" with most of your work going to fund further increases in taxes.
 
 
Its kind of like in school when they took the kids who got straight A's and gave them B's instead of the A's they worked for... So they could give the grades to the people who didn't care and got F's but now with the help from the achievers, they now can be proud to have a D... That they didn't earn, remember that... Oh, wait they don't do that now do they... But, that is exactly what the democrats are doing now with taxes.
 

Yeah, Everyone gets a ribbon, the achievers pay for the underachievers, so its all "fair"...
 
Oh, and I'm not a republican, they have taxed and wasted almost as bad as the democrats. And I don't have the fox news channel, I cancelled it to keep my budget in line with my income that has dropped under the supreme emperor... Only I can see what he is wearing, and it ain't pretty...
 
 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Retard

Joined: 31 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3397
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:05am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 We already know that you only need to buy a car that gets
 
1 mpg more than your "clunker" to qualify for the rebate... Wow. thats impressive. Think of the billions of gallons of fuel that will be saved from this aggressive campaign funded with our dollars.
 
 
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

-- The new vehicles purchased on average get 9.6 more miles per gallon than the trade-ins, a fuel efficiency improvement of 61 percent.

 


So............

moot point?
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:10am
Do you know what "on average" means?
 
It means out of ALL 157,000 cars/trucks that got the rebate program, the AVERAGE was 9.6 miles per gallon...
 
So logically if they had forced consumers to have a minimum of 10 mpg increase it would have done way more than 1 mpg increase... understand?
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:15am
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

i guarantee you that if republicans were following the exact path of obama, FE would support every single move.

p.s. nobody cares about your printing business. i work in a grocery store and we hire several new people each week. so your argument is a moot point
 
So wait, you have a job, and you still haven't paid me the $5 you owe me... Nice ethics, let me guess... Your a liberal...
 
And we all know that grocery stores are the first place where consumers stop shopping during a recession...
 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Joined: 04 February 2008
Location: Yankee Stadium
Status: Offline
Points: 5676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:20am
You keep complaining about how the current administration is the cause of your business not doing so well and having to lay people off. Did you ever take a moment to consider that maybe your customers just don't like you?
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:40am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

You keep complaining about how the current administration is the cause of your business not doing so well and having to lay people off. Did you ever take a moment to consider that maybe your customers just don't like you?
 
yeah, because I can make you cry on the internet, my customers wouldn't like me...
 
Actually, my customers love me, I deliver their projects ON TIME, EVERY TIME. And I never charge them more than I quoted. And I get them quotes in less than a day, and I have the fastest turn around in the area, by far. When I make a promise, I always deliver.
 
The difference between my company and my competitors is many of them have gone out of business during these tough times... I'm still here, and will continue to be here, just with less employees until things turn around. 
 
We also won the Best of southern region award for the past three years in the PIANKO (Printing Industries of America).
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Joined: 04 February 2008
Location: Yankee Stadium
Status: Offline
Points: 5676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:46am
^^^ Um, yeah, I don't see anyone around here cying my friend. Maybe once or twice out of boredom from your relentless babbling circular and redundant posts. 
 
At least with the internet I can turn you off. Can't imagine being in the same office with you. I think I would have to slip on a paperclip and claim workmans comp to get out of there.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:36am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 
Wow, you really are insecure huh...
 
 


LOL

Keep it up. People are maybe starting to turn to your side.

No, really.





"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:42am
Also, just saw the top five cars purchased through the CfC program:

Focus
Civic
Camry
Prius
Corolla


All of those make sense. I like the Focus too. It's been one of Ford's better moves, one of the reason they are actually still a solvent company.



Edited by agentwhale007 - 05 August 2009 at 10:46am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Joined: 03 January 2004
Location: R'lyeh
Status: Offline
Points: 12518
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:46am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 
Wow, you really are insecure huh...
 
 


LOL

Keep it up. People are maybe starting to turn to your side.

No, really.

I just don't understand what FE hopes to accomplish here. I don't see anyone, even the conservatives, jumping on the FE bandwagon. If he wanted to alienate himself and actually hurt his cause by flooding T&O with empty talking points, non sequiturs, and disjointed banter, then I must say, he has succeeded resoundingly.  
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:55am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

  Or at least read what others post in rebuttal to FE's tantrums and come out smarter from it.

He kind of acts as a sort of moving practice target. He argues the nonsensical, and people refute it with fact.

Hopefully, in the end, people here will read the fact that people post against FE and become smarter because of it.


 
 
Show me the "facts" that I have been refuted with in this thread oh literary wonder?
 
 
 
 
 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Joined: 04 February 2008
Location: Yankee Stadium
Status: Offline
Points: 5676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

  Or at least read what others post in rebuttal to FE's tantrums and come out smarter from it.

He kind of acts as a sort of moving practice target. He argues the nonsensical, and people refute it with fact.

Hopefully, in the end, people here will read the fact that people post against FE and become smarter because of it.


 
 
Show me the "facts" that I have been refuted with in this thread oh literary wonder?
 
 
 
 
 
  Defintion of insanity is to repeat the same actions and expect a different result. 
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 11:05am
Read anything Eville posted about the CfC.

Of course, you won't actually bother digesting that information. You've so entrenched yourself in your own ideology that if someone challenges it, as we have seen time and time again, you dismiss them as a "lib," or to young, or you move the goalposts back, or you change the subject and post something random.

Time, and time, and time, and time again.

It gets old, and people stop trying to have a reasonable debate with you, because you'll have no part of reason.

Look at the comparison between when you first started here and now. People used to jump all over your posts, debating with you. Now, it's hard to get a rise out of the forum other than a hearty "Go away."

It's because this place, even between conservatives like Reb and liberals like Bolt, and everyone in between, posts interesting debates and each side can at least understand what the other is thinking, saying or understanding. If you refuse to even digest any other thought, why would people even bother?
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 11:29am

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Read anything Eville posted about the CfC.

Of course, you won't actually bother digesting that information. You've so entrenched yourself in your own ideology that if someone challenges it, as we have seen time and time again, you dismiss them as a "lib," or to young, or you move the goalposts back, or you change the subject and post something random.

Time, and time, and time, and time again.

It gets old, and people stop trying to have a reasonable debate with you, because you'll have no part of reason.

Look at the comparison between when you first started here and now. People used to jump all over your posts, debating with you. Now, it's hard to get a rise out of the forum other than a hearty "Go away."

It's because this place, even between conservatives like Reb and liberals like Bolt, and everyone in between, posts interesting debates and each side can at least understand what the other is thinking, saying or understanding. If you refuse to even digest any other thought, why would people even bother?

 

I did read and refute everything eville posted about cash for clunkers… See below

 

I can see that it is hard for you to debate me when you are constantly losing. I understand this and see why most are afraid to take me on, as they will be shown as an insecure namecaller with no facts to back up their rhetoric.

 

 

 

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

How was clunkers mismanaged?

 

Wow, I ignored the obvious…

 

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Again, FE, how was clunkers mismanaged?

 

And again, I figured… If you can’t see the trees in the forest.

 

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I am nothing but a tool to Fox News


Cash for clunkers was designed to do 2 things.  The first, encourage americans to buy new cars to stimulate the auto industry.  The second, get older dirtier cars off the road and replace them with cleaner cars.  The program was projected to take over 3 months to complete.  However, it was able to accomplish both goals, in 3 days.  250,000 old cars gone, 250,000 news cars sold in 3 days.  That is not a mismanagement or a failure, that is a great success.   "Lasting until November" was never a goal of the program.  Whoever thinks it was is nothing more than a fox news zombie out to discredit everything the left does, whether it makes sense or not. 

baaaaa

 

Ah, and here is his position… (started out by namecalling too, nice touch)

 

I will point it all out since you clearly don’t get it.

 

He states the purpose of the program was to do two things, get people to buy cars, and get rid of “dirtier” cars.

 

Acording to him, the plan was for 250,000 cars.

 

Facts, 157,000 cars were handled, not 250,000 so he is wrong, they wanted 1 billion to cover 250,000 cars. It didn’t it only covered 157,000 cars, showing a complete breakdown of the “system” and proving its inefficiencies.

 

Facts, 8.9mpg difference between current “new” cars and clunkers. At a cost of 1 billion dollars of our money. That is a waste of money for such poor return… Unless the goal of the program was to benefit the unions and please the envirowakos, while wasting our hard earned money that has to be printed since they are overspending so fast.

 

 

 

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:


How does "we will release it when it is ready" equate to  "withholding data"?  Not only is incomplete data useless, but it can also be potentially dangerous. 

 

Or the data shows that the clunkers program was poorly managed... Which would be typical of this administration.

 

We already know that you only need to buy a car that gets

 

1 mpg more than your "clunker" to qualify for the rebate... Wow. thats impressive. Think of the billions of gallons of fuel that will be saved from this aggressive campaign funded with our dollars.

 

Well, some facts came out last night... And here is an article about the clunkers program.

 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/05/car-rebates-populist-stimulus-clunker/

 

Drumming up support for continuing the rebates, the Obama administration has pointed to data collected since the program began July 24:

-- Through early Tuesday, the clunkers program had recorded 157,000 transactions worth $664 million. (hmm, and $1 billion was used to buy $664 million worth of cars... Good thing the public is stupid and doesn't realize how much waste was in setting up this mess over 1/3 of the cost of the program was to run the program... Yup, $336,000,000 went to run it for 10 days... You can bet that health care will have the same "savings"...)

-- Eighty-three percent of the vehicles traded in were trucks or SUVs. (so we reward people who purchased gas guzzlers to begin with, not people who made "good" fuel efficient choices)

-- The new vehicles purchased on average get 9.6 more miles per gallon than the trade-ins, a fuel efficiency improvement of 61 percent.

 

"With clunkers, you've taken about four to five months of business and you've pushed it into a matter of days," Anwyl said. "I think we could see a real drop in sales activity after mid-September moving into October."

The environmental benefits are also being questioned. The new vehicles purchased with rebates get an average 25.4 mpg, according to the government's data.

But Dan Becker of the Center for Auto Safety suggested that taxpayers will end up spending $3 billion for less-than-stellar fuel economy gains.

"If it doesn't make economic sense and it doesn't make environmental sense, maybe it doesn't make any sense?" Becker said.

 

"Well, its good for the enviroment" I can hear someone on here saying...

 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/05/experts-carbon-savings-cash-clunkers-small/

 

WASHINGTON - "Cash for clunkers" could have the same effect on global warming pollution as shutting down the entire country — every automobile, every factory, every power plant — for an hour per year. That could rise to three hours if the program is extended by Congress and remains as popular as it is now.

Climate experts aren't impressed.

Compared to overall carbon dioxide emissions in the United States, the pollution savings from cash for clunkers do not noticeably move the fuel gauge. Environmental experts say the program — conceived primarily to stimulate the economy and jump-start the auto industry — is not an effective way to attack climate change.

"As a carbon dioxide policy, this is a terribly wasteful thing to do," said Henry Jacoby, a professor of management and co-director of the Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change at MIT. "The amount of carbon you are saving per federal expenditure is very, very small."

 

 

 

 

 

So in the end, I post facts. Aaaaannd.

 

You call me names…



Edited by FreeEnterprise - 05 August 2009 at 11:30am
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 11:42am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 

I can see that it is hard for you to debate me when you are constantly losing. I understand this and see why most are afraid to take me on, as they will be shown as an insecure namecaller with no facts to back up their rhetoric.

 



Right...That's the reason why. Not everything I said. Not the refusal to acknowledge or digest information presented to you, even if you disagree with it. No, the reason is because people are "afraid," of you. Mmhm.

You do get the irony of your statement, right? That it was the same thing I just said as being the reason people don't like you here.

Let me give you an example.

Let's say I said that people here didn't like you because you shouted BANANAS! all the time.

You just "refuted" that point by shouting, very loudly, BANANAS! at all of us.


 
Quote

So in the end, I post facts.



In the end, you do post -some- facts. However, these:

Quote showing a complete breakdown of the “system” and proving its inefficiencies.

 

That is a waste of money for such poor return…


wasting our hard earned money


Are your opinions. When you do post -some- facts, they are usually misinterpreted and followed by sophomoric analysis and opinion. You can say that they are fact, but that doesn't make them so.



 

 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 11:47am
So a plan that is to last 3 months and cover 250,000 cars.
 
but, lasts less than 10 days, and covers only 157,000 cars... With only a 9.6 mpg average increase... For a BILLION dollars!
 
That is a success to you? Well, good thing since the congress is getting ready to double down the exact same plan...
 
 
What happens when the consumers stop paying for these cars because they can't afford them?


Edited by FreeEnterprise - 05 August 2009 at 11:55am
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 11:52am
It seems to me that FE's genitals shrink at the idea of a government program not generating ridiculous amounts of revenue. To hell with the idea of promoting cleaner cars and trying to get some changes to take place. MONEY!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

So a plan that is to last 3 months and cover 250,000 cars.
 
but, lasts less than 10 days, and covers only 157,000 cars...



The point was to spend the money in the incentive program.

The program was much more successful than the projections showed.

The reason they are out of money for the program - a budgeted incentive program where the less money in the end the better - is because it was successful.

Quote
With only a 9.6 mpg average increase...


Oh no! Only a 9.6 mpg increase?

I don't see that as a bad thing at all.
 
Quote That is a success to you?


The only reason it is not a success to you is because it was proposed by the Obama administration and a Democratic congress.
 
 
Quote What happens when the consumers stop paying for these cars because they can't afford them?


Now, here we have a legitimate concern, seeing as we are in an economic recession that was fueled by the collapse of sub-prime mortgages. However, I think the dynamic is different this time. I doubt anywhere near a sizable chunk of purchasers did so knowing they could never pay it back, and even if the did, automobiles are a different creature. They can be repossessed and auctioned much easier than the bank-acquired real estate.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Online
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

So a plan that is to last 3 months and cover 250,000 cars.
 
but, lasts less than 10 days, and covers only 157,000 cars...



The point was to spend the money in the incentive program.

The program was much more successful than the projections showed.

The reason they are out of money for the program - a budgeted incentive program where the less money in the end the better - is because it was successful.
 
So because they got 157,000 cars for the 1 billion, instead of the 250,000 cars promised, that makes it a success in your mind... And worthy of doubling down... Can we assume you will be pleased if the next 2 billion only garners 314,000 trade ins? Or can they eat more of that 2 billion and give us 250,000 trade ins this time and you will still be on the band wagon?
 
Wow... glad to see you set the bar high for the government, who is spending YOUR money.

Quote
With only a 9.6 mpg average increase...


Oh no! Only a 9.6 mpg increase?

I don't see that as a bad thing at all.
 
Maybe because you don't have a long history of watching the government waste money on projects that are "claimed" to have major impact on the environment, when they are in fact a scam... As you get older, you will see that the government never has enough of your money, and they always want more, and they never spend enough, they always have to spend more. Democrats are much worse, but the republicans are also guilty of this issue.
 
Quote That is a success to you?


The only reason it is not a success to you is because it was proposed by the Obama administration and a Democratic congress.
 
So, you blame my frustration on one party... Nice. Too bad it doesn't follow my arguments in the past or present. But, I'm glad to see one party has your undying support regardless of the huge issues I point out...
 
 
Quote What happens when the consumers stop paying for these cars because they can't afford them?


Now, here we have a legitimate concern, seeing as we are in an economic recession that was fueled by the collapse of sub-prime mortgages. However, I think the dynamic is different this time. I doubt anywhere near a sizable chunk of purchasers did so knowing they could never pay it back, and even if the did, automobiles are a different creature. They can be repossessed and auctioned much easier than the bank-acquired real estate.
 
Actually it is much worse. with real estate, the democrats forced banks to lower the lending standards AND allow 125% mortgages on inflated values. And until now real estate hasn't devalued as bad as cars in a given year.
 
But we all know how cars depreciate, and by "buying down" the value with this program, I can guarantee that a large percentage will default and then these cars that haven't been maintained will flood the market...
 
At HUGE losses to the lenders.
 
I wonder when the dealers of the clunker program will actually start getting checks from uncle sam? Maybe they will send out IOU's...
 
Most dealers in my area are afraid to take in anymore of these cars as they don't think the government will actually pay them for the cars...
 
 


Edited by FreeEnterprise - 05 August 2009 at 12:49pm
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.250 seconds.