FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday Obama!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

In the housing crisis, we had the democrats giving loans to people to buy houses they KNEW they couldn't afford.

Wait...what? Just democrats were giving people bad loans? Are you kidding?

Edited by Benjichang - 04 August 2009 at 2:45pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:54pm

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I am too cool 4 you.

Cash for clunkers was designed to do 2 things.  The first, encourage americans to buy new cars to stimulate the auto industry.  The second, get older dirtier cars off the road and replace them with cleaner cars.  The program was projected to take over 3 months to complete.  However, it was able to accomplish both goals, in 3 days.  250,000 old cars gone, 250,000 news cars sold in 3 days.  That is not a mismanagement or a failure, that is a great success.   "Lasting until November" was never a goal of the program.  Whoever thinks it was is nothing more than a fox news zombie out to discredit everything the left does, whether it makes sense or not. 

baaaaa

So clunkers proved we learned nothing from the housing crisis that started all this mess...

In the housing crisis, we had the democrats giving loans to people to buy houses they KNEW they couldn't afford.

And now, the clunkers program allowed people who couldn't afford a new car to get one...

I can guess what will happen... Lots of used cars will be repossesed soon when they don't pay for these cars...

Also, what is the value of these cars now?

My friend got a brand new truck that retailed for $34,000. He paid $18,000... What is it worth? He has driven it so logic would say it is now worth less than $18,000...

what about the guy who bought the same truck last month for $25,000... Guess what... His truck is now worth less than $18,000...

Sounds like it worked great...

Clunkers wasn't a loan, it was a rebate.  It doesnt allow people to buy cars they cant afford, it just gives them the confidence to start spending again.  Which is exactly what you want to do in "this situation."

Are you seriously trying to blame CARS for the lower value of a used car?  Something that has been a part consumerism since Ug sold his used spear for a rabbit skin?  Not even Mr. Fantastic himself could make a stretch like that. 
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Wait...what? Just democrats were giving people bad loans? Are you kidding?

yeah, its complex, and I'm sure tl for your short attention span to understand...

They tremble at my name...
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:24pm
Stop posting.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

Stop posting.

wow, you must be debate champion at your school, huh...

Course there are benefits of riding the short bus, as there are a lot less stops with so few seats.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 04 August 2009 at 3:27pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:30pm

Stop posting.

wow, you must be debate champion at your school, huh...

Course there are benefits of riding the short bus, as there are a lot less stops with so few seats.

Says the guy who lets other morons do all of his talking for him.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:36pm

Stop posting.
I don't get why FE posts all the time either. It's not like he has an audience on this forum.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:37pm

I am too cool 4 you.

Cash for clunkers was designed to do 2 things.  The first, encourage americans to buy new cars to stimulate the auto industry.  The second, get older dirtier cars off the road and replace them with cleaner cars.  The program was projected to take over 3 months to complete.  However, it was able to accomplish both goals, in 3 days.  250,000 old cars gone, 250,000 news cars sold in 3 days.  That is not a mismanagement or a failure, that is a great success.   "Lasting until November" was never a goal of the program.  Whoever thinks it was is nothing more than a fox news zombie out to discredit everything the left does, whether it makes sense or not. 

baaaaa

So clunkers proved we learned nothing from the housing crisis that started all this mess...

And now, the clunkers program allowed people who couldn't afford a new car to get one...

I can guess what will happen... Lots of used cars will be repossesed soon when they don't pay for these cars...

My friend got a brand new truck that retailed for $34,000. He paid $18,000... What is it worth? He has driven it so logic would say it is now worth less than $18,000...

what about the guy who bought the same truck last month for $25,000... Guess what... His truck is now worth less than $18,000...

Clunkers wasn't a loan, it was a rebate.  It doesnt allow people to buy cars they cant afford, it just gives them the confidence to start spending again.  Which is exactly what you want to do in "this situation."

Are you seriously trying to blame CARS for the lower value of a used car?  Something that has been a part consumerism since Ug sold his used spear for a rabbit skin?  Not even Mr. Fantastic himself could make a stretch like that. 

It gives them False confidence...

So, I guess you are all excited about the gdp rising... Although pay has decreased, and oil prices are way up... Too bad you can't see that there is a relationship between what we all HAVE to pay for gas, and gdp...

BTW. Obama wants the clunker program to continue.

And he is using the same tired argument.

HURRY HURRY HURRY, Vote now, don't read the results... Just vote for it!

Sad that everyone just keeps falling for this junk... or should I say, "clunk"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Stop posting.
I don't get why FE posts all the time either. It's not like he has an audience on this forum.

I will enjoy saying "I told you so"...
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:38pm
I think it is funny to see him using personal attacks so shortly after he stopped talking to PP for the same reason (and Peter didn't even attack him).
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 3:44pm

I am too cool 4 you.

baaaaa

more fox news baaaaaaa

How does "we will release it when it is ready" equate to  "withholding data"?  Not only is incomplete data useless, but it can also be potentially dangerous. 

Edited by Eville - 04 August 2009 at 3:45pm
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

I think it is funny to see him using personal attacks so shortly after he stopped talking to PP for the same reason (and Peter didn't even attack him).

well if he finally stopped beating his wife , its ok to attack others now
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 4:16pm
Intimidation, chicago style...

Change... Hope... and flipping the bird while mailing dead fish, and cussing you out.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 4:20pm
And once again with tail between his legs, the subject is changed.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 4:21pm
Oh, wait... Biden said the stimulus is working...

I must have been mistaken seeing that we had to lay off another employee last week... I should have just waited for Biden to give me the green light to everything being fine!

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 4:41pm
The ironic part is that FreeEnterprise, and hyper-conservatives like him, are the ones preventing the Republican party from recovering. Forum Republicans - until you get guys like FE out of your party, you're doomed. I know I've said it before, but it's the same as the Democrats when split over the segregation issue. You have to get the crazy ones out of your party.

Even on this forum it seems like he has done more harm than good for his own "side." I quote side because being crazy and posting non-sequiturs when proven wrong time and time again isn't really a side.

By being a caricature of his own neo-conservative aura, I hope he has influenced a lot of people here to look up things for themselves, and I hope they have discovered the truth for themselves. Or at least read what others post in rebuttal to FE's tantrums and come out smarter from it.

He kind of acts as a sort of moving practice target. He argues the nonsensical, and people refute it with fact.

Hopefully, in the end, people here will read the fact that people post against FE and become smarter because of it.

Edited by agentwhale007 - 04 August 2009 at 4:44pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

The ironic part is that FreeEnterprise, and hyper-conservatives like him, are the ones preventing the Republican party from recovering.

As much as I like arguing with you Whale.....I can't.

slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 5:27pm
i guarantee you that if republicans were following the exact path of obama, FE would support every single move.

p.s. nobody cares about your printing business. i work in a grocery store and we hire several new people each week. so your argument is a moot point
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 6:48pm
FE, I am sorry that Obama locked the doors on your post office himself. I am sorry he invented emails to make letters useless. I am sorry that your printing business is no longer needed because people have found cheaper ways to do it.

I am sorry that you misunderstood not raising income taxes to mean not raising taxes on cigarettes. Maybe people should stop smoking?

I feel sorry that you believe it is Obama/democrats fault that there is no drilling in Alaska and California.

I am sorry that Obama personally told police and prosecutors to leave the men in Chicago who were "intimidating" voters alone.

There I apologized for all the democratic wrong doing. Will you please shut the hell up now and stop spewing wrong information?

When you get a bill in the mail for the national deficit let me know.
Que pasa?

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 7:02pm

Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Go dig a hole and die in it.

Don't change the subject to obamacare...
I see what you did there.

I have to say it; well played.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic