FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday Obama!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 8:28pm
So, FE did you know Cap and Trade is not a tax or are you ignoring it like always?
Que pasa?

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2009 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

Wow.  This thread is amazing.

In before the sort of intellectual beat-down and fact-slapping that keeps me coming to T&O.

Also, Free is clearly winning this entire thread... Someone quick find something that will stick... We look like idiots for voting for Obama and talking about how great he is, maybe we can crash youtube so he doesn't keep posting the supreme leader in his own words, and the proving Obama's many lies... Ouch it hurts...

mommy

The sad thing is you think you are making coherent points and arguments by posting youtube videos.

LOL.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 11:01am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

So, FE did you know Cap and Trade is not a tax or are you ignoring it like always?

I'm sure the same people that pay for the cigarette tax will be paying for cap and trade...

You know, the rich...

They will soak up the additional costs, and everyone else will be able to feel the love from spreading the wealth around.

Oh, wait, they passed on the cigarette tax to the consumers. Oh, the outrage. Well, at least is isn't called a "tax" right? Paying more for something because someone ELSE has a larger tax burden isn't really a tax...

Come on.

"Politicians love cap and trade because they can claim to be taxing "polluters," not workers. Hardly. Once the government creates a scarce new commodity -- in this case the right to emit carbon -- and then mandates that businesses buy it, the costs would inevitably be passed on to all consumers in the form of higher prices. Stating the obvious, Peter Orszag -- now Mr. Obama's budget director -- told Congress last year that "Those price increases are essential to the success of a cap-and-trade program."

Hit hardest would be the "95% of working families" Mr. Obama keeps mentioning, usually omitting that his no-new-taxes pledge comes with the caveat "unless you use energy." Putting a price on carbon is regressive by definition because poor and middle-income households spend more of their paychecks on things like gas to drive to work, groceries or home heating."

They tremble at my name...
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 11:10am
Hasn't it already been posted that:

We already have cap and trade systems.

They have been largely successful.

They don't cost consumers that much.

They spur development of cleaner, cheaper technology.

???

Or am I just missing something and rereading an old thread?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 11:24am
No, you are doing a good job of reposting the liberal viewpoint that has been pushed into your mind since you were young.

Even Obama said that Cap and trade would "skyrocket energy costs"...

We will be paying gas prices like Europe for a "global warming" scam...

What is your electric bill now? You can double it if they pass cap and trade, while businesses would have their energy costs quadruple... Which they will pass on to you, in higher costs.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 11:57am

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 12:06pm
Global Warming scam...?< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 12:37pm

"The number of skeptics, far from shrinking, is swelling. Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe now counts more than 700 scientists who disagree with the U.N. -- 13 times the number who authored the U.N.'s 2007 climate summary for policymakers. Joanne Simpson, the world's first woman to receive a Ph.D. in meteorology, expressed relief upon her retirement last year that she was finally free to speak "frankly" of her nonbelief. Dr. Kiminori Itoh, a Japanese environmental physical chemist who contributed to a U.N. climate report, dubs man-made warming "the worst scientific scandal in history." Norway's Ivar Giaever, Nobel Prize winner for physics, decries it as the "new religion." A group of 54 noted physicists, led by Princeton's Will Happer, is demanding the American Physical Society revise its position that the science is settled. (Both Nature and Science magazines have refused to run the physicists' open letter.)

The collapse of the "consensus" has been driven by reality. The inconvenient truth is that the earth's temperatures have flat-lined since 2001, despite growing concentrations of C02. Peer-reviewed research has debunked doomsday scenarios about the polar ice caps, hurricanes, malaria, extinctions, rising oceans. A global financial crisis has politicians taking a harder look at the science that would require them to hamstring their economies to rein in carbon."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124597505076157449.html

regardless of the huge number of scientists that now claim the global warming being "man made" was in fact wrong... All you have to do is look at our temperatures in July.

while C02 increased...
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 12:41pm
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 12:41pm

regardless of the huge number of scientists that now claim the global warming being "man made" was in fact wrong... All you have to do is look at our temperatures in July.

while C02 increased...
Fail.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 4:58pm
Regarding cap and trade:  FE, you are wrong, it is not a tax.  It is merely a government mandated expense that will have effect of decreasing the competitiveness of the affected businesses while resulting in additional costs for consumers.  So there! 
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 5:12pm

What is your electric bill now? You can double it if they pass cap and trade, while businesses would have their energy costs quadruple...

lolwut?

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Regarding cap and trade:  FE, you are wrong, it is not a tax.  It is merely a government mandated expense that will have effect of decreasing the competitiveness of the affected businesses while resulting in additional costs for consumers.  So there! 

Doh!... Your right...

interesting read, but I'm sure its tl for most on here tr. I tried to find a youtube since we all know that meets your attention spans... But, there wasn't one.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 4:40pm
Mack, sarcasm or not you are right.

There is a difference between a tax and something that may raise costs on something else.

Next time I pay for higher priced gas I am going to blame Obama for raising my gas taxes.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:03pm

Sen. Debbie Stabenow, Energy Leader

Detroit, Mich. - Michigan just experienced its coldest July on record; global temperatures haven't risen in more than a decade; Great Lakes water levels have resumed their 30-year cyclical rise (contrary to a decade of media scare stories that they were drying up due to global warming), and polls show that climate change doesn't even make a list of Michigan voters' top-ten concerns.

Yet in an interview with the Detroit News Monday, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.) - recently appointed to the Senate Energy Committee - made clear that fighting the climate crisis is her top priority.

"Climate change is very real," she confessed as she embraced cap and trade's massive tax increase on Michigan industry - at the same time claiming, against all the evidence, that it would not lead to an increase in manufacturing costs or energy prices. "Global warming creates volatility. I feel it when I'm flying. The storms are more volatile. We are paying the price in more hurricanes and tornadoes."

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:32pm

There is a difference between a tax and something that may raise costs on something else.

Next time I pay for higher priced gas I am going to blame Obama for raising my gas taxes.

I don't care what they call it . . . government mandates that result in me spending more annoy me.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:36pm

I don't care what they call it . . . government mandates that result in me spending more annoy me.
Agreed.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Agreed.

I'll agree, but that is not why I was arguing. I am sick of people blaming the government for raising "taxes" that were never actually taxes.

It is used in an argument to discredit anything the current administration does, and it is not even a factual argument.
Que pasa?

Captain Obvious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Obvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 11:35pm
Barack Hussein Obama is the current president of the United States.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 11:42pm
sweet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic