Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Salvo Mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
UnitedSeal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnitedSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Salvo Mods
    Posted: 03 August 2009 at 12:30pm
I just brought a Tippmann Army project Salvo marker and i was wondering what kind of mods can be done to it to improve performance.
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 2:58pm
What kind of performance upgrades are you looking for? ROF, accuracy, distance, consistancy?
UnitedSeal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnitedSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 3:08pm
All around
Zach C. View Drop Down
Strike 3, good day sir

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 4:16pm

same here

r0nin89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0nin89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 3:44pm
Its just a 98c....

Shoot Fast = RT or Egrip

Feed fast = Cyclone

Consistent shots = HPA

Distance = Flatline or custom barrel kit with proper bore to dia matching.

Longevity = Metal power tube
rafaelobo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafaelobo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:30am

what is HPA??

98 custom
flat line
remote line
stock
scope
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 9:43am
Originally posted by r0nin89 r0nin89 wrote:

Its just a 98c....

Shoot Fast = RT or Egrip Or if you have an older 98 and E-bolt, but that is another story.

Feed fast = Cyclone or an electric hopper in case you decide to go with another type of marker later on. Cylcones only fit on Tippmann markers.

Consistent shots = HPA Truth. HPA (high pressure air) will give you more consistent shot to shot FPS. CO2 tends to fluctuate a lot with weather conditions.

Distance = Flatline or custom barrel kit with proper bore to dia matching. Yes and No. The Flatline (and Apex) do add distance, but at the expense of accuracy. You can gain accuracy, but not distance, with barrel kits that offer different bored backs to match to the paint you are using. Look into J&J Elite or Smart parts Freak systems. You will find that a lot of people here recommend J&J Ceramic or Lapco barrels as good, reasonably priced barrels with improved accuracy over the stock one.

Longevity = Metal power tube Wrong.  Metal powertubes are IMO opinion a total waste of money and can in some cases actually be detrimental to the performance of the marker. I have seen 15 year old rental 98's with the original plastic powertubes in them and they still work fine. The 98 is a workhorse, you don't need to touch a thing to make it more durable.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 13 August 2009 at 9:45am
Vinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 1:14pm
hey guys, i ahte to necro an old thread but would my 98 custom saw stock fit on the project salvo? im really liking what im hearing about the gun and have got used to the stock i have on my 98.

thanks in advance
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 8:41pm
Yes.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
undrpsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undrpsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 1:05pm
United Seal,

I just got my Project Salvo also. My kids have A5's and they didn't want me to get another A5. (gee dad, it would be just like ours...that's not cool). I looked at several other markers but REALLY like how Tippmann makes theirs and the customization you can do to them. 

Just installed the Cyclone feeder...took about 2 minutes...spent more time looking for a screwdriver. Put about 200 rounds thru it just to check the action....works great!

I plan on getting the e-grip next. There's a gunshow Sunday so i will be locating some weaver iron sights (real ones) a 'see thru' weaver riser, and some kind of red dot scope. I am going to look for some of the rubber rail covers, a nice combat sling, some BDU's and a few other nick-nacks. Will let you know if it's worth it or just order them off Amazon.

I have a 20" Tller sniper barrel I am playing with but I need some better sights than the molded plastic ones to really see if I am getting some added accuracy or distance (I know..I know....the barrel arguments are endless on this matter).  

I promise to get some photo's up when I get my mods done...
What part of 'shut up' are you not getting?
new_jersey_88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new_jersey_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 4:42pm
im going to buy a project salvo so i was wondering if i baught a smart parts 20 in barrel and a apex kit would they fit on it
Joe941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 10:42pm
I just got a salvo myself.  I like the marker, got a BT ready lapco 12in barrel for 55.  It fits the shroud just fine, and is pretty accurate with great range.  Does anyone know if the BT rip clip will fit?
Joe941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 10:43pm
sorry... I meant an APEX ready barrel.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 11:00pm
Joe, you can avoid double-posting by clicking on "Post Options" in the right hand corner of your post and selecting the "Edit Post" option.

Edited by Mack - 18 October 2009 at 11:01pm
Joe941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:38pm
Thanks for the tip.  Anyone hooked up a rip clip yet?
Grenadeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grenadeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 12:16am
I have a noob question along these lines.

I have an old BT4 Iron Horse marker - I'm curious if it would be possible to switch out the Project Salvo barrel with the Apex barrel from this gun? (With some work required, I'm sure)
blaze191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaze191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 10:57pm
@Joe941

I believe the Rip Clip will require some sawing and sanding to fit properly over the project salvo's rail. If you have some mechanical skill and are willing to make it fit, I would recommend the Rip Clip over the cyclone. If you can't be bothered, the cyclone will slide right on in about 30 seconds.
ericlees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericlees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:24am
the first upgrade could be hpa instead of co2. i have a project salvo and i'm planning to get a r/t and cyclone feed or electronic hopper can't decide yet, but hpa makes a huge improvement
Yequan View Drop Down
Die spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yequan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:48pm
I want to find some of the rubber rail covers, sling a great battle, some of the BDU's and other gaps, nacks. Will let you know whether it is worth it, or just to them off Amazon.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by undrpsi undrpsi wrote:

I have a 20" Tller sniper barrel I am playing with but I need some better sights than the molded plastic ones to really see if I am getting some added accuracy or distance (I know..I know....the barrel arguments are endless on this matter). 

You aren't. Basic physics, a projective flying at the same speed (300fps unless you're cheating) launched at the same angle will go the same distance barring bits like wind or environmental effects.

Doesn't matter if you have a 6" barrel or a 6 foot barrel, if the paint leaves it at 300fps, you're getting the same distance as every other guy shooting 300fps. The only thing a 20" barrel does is waste gas to overcome the extra barrel length worth of friction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic