Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems after o-ring replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve92e34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve92e34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems after o-ring replacement
    Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:12pm
Hi, im Steve and im new to this forum.

I recently rebuilt my 98 custom. Its an older grey style gun, and it just needed a cleaning and o-rings when i got it.
I replaced the o-rings, and lubed with marvel mystery oil, and reassembled no problem.
At first it was only shooting twice and then not re-cocking. I poured some oil into the hole where my CO2 goes and shot it a couple times as i was told this was a problem. Now that that is fixed, every shot i have CO2 leaking out the bolt, and where the regulator attaches to the gun, not by the handle. Its also coming out the barrel, but a significant amount.
Any ideas? I have a game saturday and really could use the help
Thanks!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:35pm
  • Disassemble the marker
  • Clean it out completely
  • Replace all the o-rings
  • Lubricate with a paintball oil or an air-tool oil.  (Hoppes #9 is recommended by Tippmann.)
Steve92e34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve92e34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 7:00pm
I rebuilt it with new o-rings, and pneumatic tool oil but it is still leaking from the Gas line and the rear bolt

any suggestions
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Steve92e34 Steve92e34 wrote:

every shot i have CO2 leaking out the bolt, and where the regulator attaches to the gun, not by the handle. Its also coming out the barrel, but a significant amount.

Sorry Steve, but do you mean when you shoot, CO2 comes out the barrel and slot
by the back bolt, but stops until you shoot again?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic