Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apex Barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
prduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apex Barrel
    Posted: 22 July 2009 at 11:49am
I am trying to find an apex barrel for my 98 custom.  I went to tippmannpros.com and various other sites.

They don't have the apex barrel in stock.  They have the ak47, m16, etc, but not the "plain vanilla" one.  Any idea where I can find it?
Thanks

PAUL DUKE
Lead by Example, Follow by Choice
Troopr View Drop Down
strike one/filter dodging-11/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:13pm
I saw some on amazon... Thumbs Up
<3's Paintball w/
TippMann Alpha Black Tactical Marker
TippMann Project Salvo Marker
After Market E-Trigger
TippMann SSL-200 E-Hopper
prduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 12:24pm
I looked there also.  Amazon said it was unavail currently.

Thanks
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 7:41pm
It looks like you may be able to purchase direct from BT
Sent from a phone booth
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 8:24pm
ebay
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 4:54pm
another alternative would be the lapco bigshot with an apex tip on it.  i have one on my 98c and im verry happy with the range and accuracy.
98 Custom Pro Platinum
Response Trigger
DOP Rocket Cock 2
Lapco Bigshot 12" w/Apex Tip
Tippmann Triumph Hopper
HPA 90/4500
Polished Internals
prduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 7:21pm
Got one from US military.com -- $35

Thanks for your alls help
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 6:38pm
Good buy.  The prices are jacked up on Ebay.  That's why I didn't mention it.

The Apex tip does perform better with a better barrel.  Matching with a kit seems to be the best.  My theory is that a good ball/barrel match centers the ball to the ramp giving it more consistant flight.  I tested about 5 different configs with the Apex tip.  The Python adapter is very close to a typical barrel kit.
Sent from a phone booth
prduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:33pm
I just got it today and i don't think it is working correctly.  It works on the right, left, and bottom settings.  But on the top/flatline setting, it seems to dive into the ground after about 30 feet.

Could my velocity on my marker be set to high or to low?  I do know after 8 shots, my tank ran out of air.  So maybe that was the cause?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:42pm
Sounds like it's set to dive-bomb.  The rubber ramp should be in the 12 o'clock position with the little sight on top as well.   It takes some getting used to but you need to aim upward slightly.  The ball dives first.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 30 July 2009 at 10:44pm
Sent from a phone booth
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:03pm
yea aim up. you'll be amazed at what it does. it will dip, but go up and flatten out after the initial dip
prduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 8:22am
So my red dot scope is useless if I use this.  Just when it is in the off position will the red dot be of value, right?  When it was off, I was very accurate at 80 feet.  Felt like my J&J ceramic i have.

I will play with the settings and all once I get a refill.   Thanks guys!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 2:47pm
With the Apex in the off position, I feel that the ramp doesn't entirely move out of the ball path.
Sent from a phone booth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic