Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vertical expansion chamber for 98c platinum?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chefsp0t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chefsp0t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vertical expansion chamber for 98c platinum?
    Posted: 21 July 2009 at 11:48pm
I have noticed that the kit to convert the 98 custom platinum edition to a vertical expansion chamber differs from the one to convert a non-platinum 98c.

The regular 98c kit has a vertical adapter that routes the gas into the fore grip handle. This allows you to mount the expansion chamber as an extension of the fore grip.

Picture:

The platinum edition kit doesn't come with a vertical adapter. It appears that the expansion chamber attaches to the gun behind the fore grip and in front of the trigger, where the gas line comes down. It has an adapter that looks like it replaces the gas line where it enters the power tube and then there is an adapter to allow you to screw on the vertical expansion chamber.

Pictures:

Can anyone provide any input on this? I have a platinum edition gun with ACT  that I want to get an expansion chamber for but I don't know what style I want. Do they both fit? If I install the one that fits right in front of the trigger will I have enough clearance with a longer fore grip, double trigger, and drop forward?

I have already ordered the following:

Tippmann double trigger kit
Tippmann response trigger kit
Tippmann drop forward
Dead on aluminum fore grip
16" smart parts linear barrel
20oz co2 bottle
Trinity ASA adapter with gauge

This stuff should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait to see how different the gun feels.

Based on some information I have found on this site already I plan on leaving the internals of the gun alone. I was looking at the TechT zero kick hammer but I have read bad things about it on here. I was also looking at the JCS red hot power tube but I have seen a few posts about bad experiences with aftermarket power tubes and front bolts.

Edited by Chefsp0t - 22 July 2009 at 12:11am
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 5:59am
The 98c kit will NOT fit the Platimun.

You are correct, the Platinum version locates in front of the trigger guard
where the air line was.

A drop forward would require you to find a hose of the correct length or use
macroline, which is not good with CO2

(great to see you searched the forum in advance, it really helps)

Edited by TinMan - 22 July 2009 at 6:02am
Chefsp0t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chefsp0t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:05am
Thanks for the reply. It helps a lot. Thumbs Up

I will be sure to get a few pictures up when I get some parts installed.

Do you know if anyone makes a metal feed port that fits the platinum series 98c? I contacted Trinity about their t-lock system and they said it won't fit a platinum series gun. I saw that lapco makes one but I have not contacted them about whether it fits the platinum yet.
AssassinPX3T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AssassinPX3T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 12:45pm
Hi, folks. just need this clarified. does the above expansion chamber fit the 98 custom pro platinum series marker with the double trigger, it just looks like it'll be a tight fit? 
Cheers Smile
Chefsp0t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chefsp0t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 1:12pm
I didn't buy it because I have an extended fore grip, a drop forward, and a double trigger. It looked like it would be a very tight fit.

If you are installing on a stock gun with just a double trigger it would fit okay.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AssassinPX3T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 1:21pm
thanks for the quick reply, so if i've got a drop forward and double trigger already fitted. the Chamber will fit also? sorry it just i dont want to waste my money on something that doesnt fit.

Edited by AssassinPX3T - 28 August 2009 at 1:25pm
Chefsp0t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chefsp0t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 1:25pm
It would probably fit. I didn't buy one because it looks like it would be damn close.

With the drop forward I would have needed to locate a short gas line too. It just seemed like too much work with not enough benefits.

I'd recommend getting an anti-siphon put into your tank instead.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AssassinPX3T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 1:37pm
cool, thanks for the advice man :)
cooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 5:28pm
Anyone know if i can find the part that fit the expansion chamber into the PS valve? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic