Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Socialized Medicine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 12:53pm
Soooo... basically, you use the VA system because you don't have to make copays? And because switching between systems causes coverage difficulties?

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 12:25pm
OK to make this simple, In order to get a disability rating based on my service connected injuries I am required to use the VAMC's. I use public health care for the simple health issues. But since my combat related injuries have resulted in complications is my overall medical conditions I must stay within the VAMC systems in order to document the changes in my medical conditions. Many people in the VAMC system also must pay co-pays and have additional insurance coverage, but since my injuries and resulting complications have given me a rating of 70% or better I have 100% medical coverage.
My disabilty compensation is directly linked to VA medical care, so in order to maintain some income since I am not able to work I am tied to the VA medical system. Multiple TIA's, a mini stroke, and further blood clotting issues make me one blood clot away from the big check out, and I do use both VA and private medical systems to monitor my health. I like living and am covering all the bases. It is just the VA medical and VA compensation people do not seem to have the ability to communicate, am I medically inable to work and entitled to a higher compensation for my service connected injuries, or am I able to work without any major health issues arising. College's and employers get really upset when you pass out in class or on the job, have done both.
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 11:45am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I also have medical benifits through the wifes purchased plan from work, and balance the two, also have AARP Health Benifits I pay for.

Whale asked an amazingly insightful-yet-obvious question (kicking myself for not thinking of that), and your answer only raises the stakes further:  So you have access to both private and public healthcare - why do you go to the VA, instead of the doctor down the street?

Not only do you profess to hate what you call "socialized medicine," but the VA is perhaps the worst healthcare system in the country.

Now I am really curious.

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 12:52am
I couldn't even read that.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:55pm
You complain of government bureaucracies, and others complain of privatized bureaucracies.

At least YOU aren't paying for this, unlike many other people.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:10pm
I also have medical benifits through the wifes purchased plan from work, and balance the two, also have AARP Health Benifits I pay for.

Edited by oldsoldier - 20 July 2009 at 11:10pm
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 11:04pm
So, if this VA health care is so terrible and inefficient, why don't you purchase your own insurance plan with an outside provider. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:02pm
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 9:49pm
Got to love the VA Medical system. I am now enrolled in the VAMC in New York and today was my first appointment with my "new" perminant Primary Care Physician. After reviewing my meds precsribed by VAMC Lincoln, he stated flatly that these dossages will kill me. And why are they not addressing the root cause of my problem(s).

Now since I had the misconception that the VAMC's have some form of intercommunication (ie computers) I was amazed that I had to sign a "privacy" release for my records to be transfered from VAMC Lincoln to VAMC Albany and then down to my VA Clinic in Bainbridge (closer to Oneonta). So he could not review my records, only a written history compiled by myself and wife (just incase of a VA misplacement of records) and two sets of ears listening to the Doctors catch things I miss. Wife documented everything.

The Doctor here was amazed that my RSD was not connected to my service connected issues, and now I have to re-enter the realm of compensation and pension doctors who poke and prod and try thier best to ensure that your service connected disabilities can be blamed on something else, hense no increase of compensation, and attempt to deny treatment, I am over 70% service connected so non treatment is not an issue here.

Now I have to wait for my "new" prescriptions, my new appointment with VAMC's Pain Clinic, and my records to show from Nebraska so we can continue this exercise.

BTW I am no longer "healthy" enough to continue "voc-rehab" due to clotting issues as well as RSD. And I can no longer work, again due to the above as established now by VAMC Lincoln, And now VAMC Albany. So I am confused, I am no longer able to attend school or work based on a medical condition connected to military service, confirmed by two seperate VAMC's, yet do not qualify for VA Individual Unemployability, or a 100% disabilty compensation rating? Got to love government beauracracy.

And this is shades of things to come for Americans if the government gets total control of your healthcare.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic