Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Two A5's blowing out the barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CROSSAFIX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CROSSAFIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two A5's blowing out the barrel
    Posted: 16 July 2009 at 8:04pm
I purchased Four new A5's.    I'm having the same problem with two of them.  About 1500 rounds through each.  When I screw on  Co2 tanks they blow out the barrel.  Full Co2 tanks now empty.Cry  The guns are cocked,  that does not help. 

What is the "Tombstone" ?

Too new to the sport and markers to know the buzz words.

Is there a tear down diagram/ proceedure on this site?

Thanks
-crossafixDead
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 8:23pm
Everything you'll eever need is here. Wink

CROSSAFIX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CROSSAFIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:22pm
I tore down one.  The valve O-Ring is broke part# 02-72.

I found the tombstone latch released and the Tombstone adapter was out of the marker body about 3mm.
Maybe that caused the O-Ring failure?

Thanks
-CROSSAFIX
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:31pm
That is exactly why it failed, good job.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by CROSSAFIX CROSSAFIX wrote:

I tore down one.  The valve O-Ring is broke part# 02-72.

I found the tombstone latch released and the Tombstone adapter was out of the marker body about 3mm.
Maybe that caused the O-Ring failure?

Thanks
-CROSSAFIX

One of the take down pins also holds the tombstone in place; it should not be able to move as long as the pin is present.  Make sure the A5s have all take down pins in place as missing this one could lead to problems if the tombstone latch is accidentally released under pressure.  (Also check for damage/proper installation.)

Oh and thanks for asking the right question.  (I.e. asking about instructions.)  With all the people who whine and expect us to provide every answer instantly despite incorrect descriptions of the problem and the fact that being on here is a hobby not a job; it is much appreciated when someone asks us to help them help themselves.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Oh and thanks for asking the right question.  (I.e. asking about instructions.)  With all the people who whine and expect us to provide every answer instantly despite incorrect descriptions of the problem and the fact that being on here is a hobby not a job; it is much appreciated when someone asks us to help them help themselves.

Can we make this a sticky?

Edited by oldpbnoob - 17 July 2009 at 10:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic