FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yes another Laptop thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes another Laptop thread
    Posted: 16 July 2009 at 2:36am
So I am about to enter my freshmen year of college, and I need a laptop that will be of good use. Sure the gaming or atleast speed of web browsing and videos needs to be up to par and not slow, but I also need something that will be good to get work done. I am entering right now as a physics major so whatever that may mean as for a laptop. I also want it to be compatible with whatever my professors use which will probably be a PC.

So I'm looking at a price range of $1000-1500.

Please help. I'm not sure if a mac is the right way to go. I'm not needing all the design programs the macs offer, but rather I just need a laptop that won't fail or disappoint me.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 4:14am
I bought a Sager for a little over your budget and have no regrets.

Essentially they rebrand a number of laptops, but you wind up getting a decent gaming laptop for half the cost of a comparable XPS or Alienware.

Check them out, the NP8662 or NP2098 both are fine choices for your budget.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic