Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 is going crazy. Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brenttd16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenttd16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 is going crazy. Help!
    Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:07pm

Hello. My name is Brentt and a few months ago I purchased a Tippmann a5 stock. Nothing special was added to it like an Egrip or nothin'. Just pure stock. My first upgrade I put on it was the Flatline Barrel. Worked Great. My second upgrade was the Response Trigger. Here is where I started having issues. Ever since we've installed it, it goes nuts. I've went back to stock and it's still having these issues. So I had the local paintball shop take it for about a month, try fix it up, and put a regulator on it. He shot it a few times (no paint) and it seemed to have worked fine.

Okay, I'm happy. So I get home and I HAVE to try out my new Freak Barrel Kit. I put it on, get everything put together and get ready. I had to manually pump my cyclone to get the ball in, so I figured the fps was too low. I turned it up a little bit (I have no chrono, so I don't know what I'm at) and now it's back to going ballistic. But the weird thing is, it's only when I have paint in the cyclone is when it burps majorly. I can sit there and shoot with no paint and it won't burp at all.

So I'm asking YOU, what I can do to fix this. Here is hopefully some helpful information.

I recently have had a Boblong regulator installed.
I recently put in Lapco Posi-Feed SOFT PADDLES.
I'm using a full (got it filled when I picked up the gun) Pure Energy 3000 PSI 72 CU Compressed Airtank.
I have a CP lightning drop forward, with a CP on/off.

The weird thing is, is that it's happening when I have paintballs in the feed. Could it be the wrong type of paint? Need to get my fps adjusted? Help!
BD
Brenttd16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenttd16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:09pm
I forgot to mention: It can shoot 3-4 balls normally before it burps out like a full auto. It'll shoot 7-10 balls, then I have to re-cock it.
BD
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:49pm
The Bob Long reg is more than likely your issue. Try your original bottom line on it.
Unless you have a low pressure kit, the Torpedo reg won't go high enough to run it right.
Could switch to a Palmer's if you had the funds, or any reg capable of up to 850.

My stock A-5 stops working right at 650 PSI.
Brenttd16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenttd16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:56pm
I've adjusted it and it seems to have gotten a little better, but the problem is still there. I might have to take it back in to see if they can adjust it for me.

Remember, I've had this problem before I even had a regulator on my gun.
BD
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 7:05pm

Oh right, my mistake.

When you put the R/T in, did you have the trigger assembly apart? Did it fall apart?
If so, look at the trigger assembly and make sure the two pins that limit the
sears travel are there. If the top one is missing it will 'Braap' like that. Also the
trigger return spring will do that if you put it in the sear spring location.

See the spring colors and location in the right corner of page 1. http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/manuals/A-5_Basic_Schematics.pdf

Other than that I'm baffled. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Brenttd16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenttd16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 7:59pm
Yup, I just checked. Everything that is supposed to be there is there. The guy I went to at the paintball shop said that he ordered and installed all new guts to the gun too.
BD
injahnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injahnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 9:31am
Sometimes the lock offs go too far into the valve on the tank and reduces the air inflow gas when opened full. Try opening full and backing off a half turn and see what happens..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic