Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro/AM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.final View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .final Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro/AM
    Posted: 29 June 2009 at 11:05pm
I own a Pro/AM, one of the old ones with the cast iron grip. The problem is that the trigger spring broke, so the marker will shoot but the trigger will not catch for the next shot, forcing me to pull back on the bolt slightly to make the trigger catch.

So I know what the problem is, but I have no idea how to take the thing apart in order to attach a replacement trigger spring because of the cast iron grip. Anyone have any experience with this?
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 11:30pm
I had a pro am and sold it to a friend, I'll look at it this weekend and let you know.
I had the marker completely apart but forgot enough to fear offering you bad info.

Hopefully someone else has one handy, if not I'll post Sunday.

(if I'm right, the trigger pin drives in from the right side, and the spring hooks
onto a tab cast into the grip on the inside. Looks like an old style 98 spring)
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 11:06pm
Yup, what Tinman said. I believe the pins are just push-out.
.final View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .final Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 11:44pm
Thanks for the info. I just got the part I needed and I'm going to give it a try this weekend.
.final View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .final Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 5:40pm
Got it put together nicely now. Thanks for the tips.

Edited by .final - 11 July 2009 at 5:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic