Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black BPS Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zombs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zombs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alpha Black BPS Problem
    Posted: 16 June 2009 at 2:32pm
My Alpha Black will not shoot above 200 FPS. Barely 190.

I've got a new spring, a new velocity screw, I've cleaned this gun several times.

I've run this gun on a full tank, and I've used it with and without a remote coil. I dont know what else to do. When I first got it the thing shot like a sniper rifle, and now I've got to arch every shot. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I switch to compressed air as opposed to Co2?

Help!
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 6:50pm
Have you changed anything on the marker at all?
Zombs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zombs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 7:23pm
No, but I spoke to someone who suggested it.
Zombs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zombs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 7:39pm
It might be my valve. I have to check it out.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 8:28pm

I fixed one where the player screwed the velocity screw in ALL the way.

The screw dropped inside the powertube. He thought he'd lost it and inserted a second velocity screw. The first one blocked the passage enough that he was only shooting 160 fps.

Could that have happened to yours?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic