FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving Estimates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Estimates
    Posted: 03 June 2009 at 11:20pm
Would anyone be able to tickle my fancy here?  Just been pondering about my future, and could anyone estimate the cost of moving to Vancouver from PA, to live in a 2 bedroom apartment?  How is / does the job market look?
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:06am
You really do not want to know. Cheaper to sell everything that does not fit in car and buy new once you arrive. From Nebraska to New York, we are looking at a little over $6500 for a limited load (not full truck). Bike (Harley) alone cost $588 from Lincoln,NE to Davenport,NY, 1291miles
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:09am
basicly, its not worth it unless you have a nice job waiting for ya.

edit: WOOT! this post puts me back into the positive post count. but puts me back to a regular member. wth?

Edited by ammolord - 04 June 2009 at 12:10am
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:16am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

You really do not want to know. Cheaper to sell everything that does not fit in car and buy new once you arrive. From Nebraska to New York, we are looking at a little over $6500 for a limited load (not full truck). Bike (Harley) alone cost $588 from Lincoln,NE to Davenport,NY, 1291miles

I imagine it would be significantly less for GJ, as he probably doesn't have that much stuff.

Actually as I was typing this, I remembered where Vancouver was in relation to PA.

Yea, GJ...unless you have a job locked down in Vancouver...this is a bad decision.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:29am
You want to move TO Canada?

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

You want to move TO Canada?

i thought the same thing when i read it.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:34am
Canada has always been attractive to me.  And I wouldn't really think I'd bring all that much.  Wouldn't plan on taking much furniture or anything.

This is all just hypothetical of course.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:49am
Vancouver is supposed to be a really nice place to live, actually.

Glassjaw, go up on some job sites and hunt around. If you can find a job, and a cheap place to live...then go for it.

What do you drive? That'll make a huge difference in moving costs.

Satearn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satearn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2013 at 2:39am
Vincent Moving Company
1222 Melville St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2Y1
(778) 300-6592
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2013 at 5:08am
Did he ever move to Canada?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic