Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zero Kick Hammer Plz Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BDG420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDG420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zero Kick Hammer Plz Help
    Posted: 29 May 2009 at 2:34am
hey, i just got a A-5 with a e-trigger and flatline barrel and i was just wondering if i could replace any of the internals in the gun to improve accuracy.  I have heard mixed things about the front bolt and the power tube (mostly bad) but what about the TECHT zero kick hammer?  Also i'm planning on getting the cyclone upgrade and TECHT is more expensive but i havent heard much about them, on the other hand the RAP4 one is less expensive but i have heard some bad things about it. Can anyone help me?

Edited by BDG420 - 29 May 2009 at 2:59am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 10:50am
First off, in general, Tippmann internals are fine. I am not aware of any accuracy gained by adding aftermarket front bolts or powertubes. Save your money. As for the Zero kick bolt, I don't have direct experience with it, but another forumer Tin Man has one on his 98 and seems to like it. You may want to use the search feature for the terms Zero Kick and see what comes up.

As for Cyclone upgrades, I probably would tend towards buying the Tech T vs getting the Rap4. Tech T seems to produce a quality product, and I have not always been impressed with the qualtiy of Rap4 components. Several people here refer to them as CRap4. I have purchased some of their equipment such as a 6 position Car stock and some other minor parts with ok success, but they were not critical parts that were involved in the mechanical functioning of the marker.

Good Luck.
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 12:48am
i have the rufus dawg wicked bolt on my 98 and love it i can use more brittle paint with out breaking in my barrel. And I would recomend tech t over anything else they have a great rep and great product. And Im picking up my zero kick on monday so I hope to have some info for you next week
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 2:50am
Aftermarket internals on a Tippmann are worthless. Its a waste of money for no benifit. And since the aftermarket manufacturers might not be making parts to the exact same spec as Tippmann, sometimes all you get is stuck bolts, chopped balls, etc.

Just stick with the stock stuff. Dont buy into stupid hype.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 2:05pm
What an obtuse statement.

Half the fun of owning a Tippmann marker is making it your own by
customizing it.

I do agree though, stock is the most trouble free, but if you love tricking
out your Tippmann, do it anyway you want to. Your shooting it, not ^^.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

What an obtuse statement.

Well Im gonna tell people the truth. "Customize" your gun all you want, but dont be suprised when some product thats hyped up with stuff that flat out isnt true doesnt work worth a crap.
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 12:53am
well than Im stupid....... I have bought into the hype and have done many many mods to my many 98s and I have noticed much improvement . If I were to take my stock 98 and my most modded 98 there is a vary large difference in performance and playiblity. And if you do your research you can sift out the crap and hopefully get the better stuff... Good luck with your modding and have fun with it.

oh btw I just installed the zero kick, very easy to pop in there....dry fired a couple o times it did seem to make a difference in the kick and im not going to say much more right now till I play with it for a while but it seems to have promise.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 9:10am
^^^^ Glad you had good success with your upgrades. I on the other hand, had a aftermarket powertube and bolt that caused nothing but problems. So much so, that I took them out and they currently still reside in my parts box. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 11:31am
Im a bit confused as to how a hammer can reduce kick. The valve stem needs to be struck with the same amount of force to release enough air to fire the ball at speed. How do you reduce the amount of mass sliding back and forth without reducing the amount of force transmitted to the valve...

I dunno. Maybe they found some clever way to do it, but it seems pretty basic to me.

Edit: Just looked the thing up. So its a LP kit hammer basically. The problem is, lightening the rear bolt without changing the valve spring to a lighter weight just means you have to crank the velocity adjuster way up to get the same amount of force on the valve.

Im also grumpy that the manufacturer ripped off an old idea of mine, the fattened up trigger pin. I was cutting those for the carbine years ago. They went out with all my safeties.

Edited by Enos Shenk - 03 June 2009 at 11:39am
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:26am

Enos I think your refferring the hair trigger kit.... that was great for my RT tippman its a nice mod just a bit of pain to get right since you have to disassemble, install and then ressemble try it then repeat the process over and over till you get it right.

the rufus dog power tube is great!! I have never had a problem and niether has my friends whom also have it.

Tippmanns are great out right of the box, and are very reliable and I KNOW that they will never be an ego or a dm7 but to mod up a 98 enough to hold your own on any speedball field is a great thing.

Agg players always assume that any player with a tippy is dumb noob and I love to unleash the full modded fury of a uped 98 it always surprises those guys.....and definetly helps if you got a little skill (im working on that one Smile )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic