Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Install Cyclone Feed On 98

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ealdeleon23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ealdeleon23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Install Cyclone Feed On 98
    Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:32pm
In a detailed description how do I install my Cyclone Feed?? Sorry new at this.
98C Pro
Cyclone Feed
E-Trigger
14' CP Barrell
Drop Forward
Double Trigger
Car Stock
nochaz01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nochaz01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 12:20pm
Buy Cyclone, unlock stock feed tube pull towards rear of gun to remove from pin joint, reverse to place cyclone feedneck on. Some shaving may be required to get the feedneck to latch into place, simply take a dremmel and shave lightly as needed, add paint to any bare metal. If you have the newer 98 then you will remove one of the nuts on the right side when viewing from rear and add your banjo fitting and air line coming from the feeder. make sure to use the locktight as it keeps the fitting from moving. I trimmed my airline down as it was bunching up when I latched my feedneck. Now when I unlatch it to remove the hose slides off from the gun. Its pretty straight forward, you should refer to the manual as well. I had issues with balls breaking at first but don't get discouraged, I turned my velocity down just a bit and made sure to loosen the barrel a bit then it started working extremely well. I think it was trying to load to quickly and it was pushing paint against the bolt before the chamber was clear. Not sure though was simply a guess. I got a new barrel and went to HPA and it shot over a case a couple weekends ago without a single miss or break. FPS was about 258 and I have a CP 2 piece barrel, just FYI information in case you have this issue after hookup.
NickVanDick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickVanDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 2:21pm
Pretty much what nochaz01 said. If you have a new 98 custom and your powertube has that flat head screw on the right hand side of the gun. You dont have to replace the power tube inside like the instructions say too. I didnt, it saves time. If you have an old one though that doesnt have the flat head screw you do have to put in the one they sent you.

Its the same putting the houseing onto the gun, ist just like the normal hopper. To hook up the air line is pretty basic.

If you have any problems. Just post em here. I put the cyclone on my gun recently so im familiar with it.
ealdeleon23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ealdeleon23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 4:36pm
is true that you have to drill a hole into the marker when installing?
98C Pro
Cyclone Feed
E-Trigger
14' CP Barrell
Drop Forward
Double Trigger
Car Stock
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 4:52pm
not that iv ever had to do.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Alucard483 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alucard483 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 8:43am
Okay, I got one of these as a gift last year. All I got was the hopper and feeder. No new powertube. Its an $8 replacment part. Not an issue. What might be are the internals of the powertube. Which if I recall is a $30 part. Is all I need a new poertube or do I need to replace the internals as well?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic