Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 M16/4 Shroud

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jsmoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 M16/4 Shroud
    Posted: 25 May 2009 at 10:55am
Quick question, the A5's they sell w/the M16 shroud's.. is the shroud attached to the actual barrel or is it like the Alpha Black where it's a separate piece where you can interchange any barrel into it?  thanks

(posted link to what I'm talking about)
http://www.doropaintball.com/ab1038101equick/shopexd.asp?id=13866

Edited by Jsmoke - 25 May 2009 at 10:55am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 9:18pm
This looks to be a special package that Doro Paintball is putting together. Since they don't specifically give the name of the barrel or the shroud, it's hard to tell. I would GUESS that is probably just attaches to the barrel as do most shrouds for the A5. That aside I would reconsider before you dive in on this package. Typically, I am not a fan of packages mainly due to the POS mask that comes with them. Shop around on Ebay and price things out seperately. Don't forget to figure in shipping charges. Also, consider buying used. If you are shopping for strictly mechanical A5, you can find some extremely good deals out there.

Good luck.
Jsmoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:06pm
cool thanks... yea i wasn't really looking at the package so much as just the marker.  it looks like the best way to go about getting an A5 M4/16 marker is to just build it myself...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:17pm
Honestly, if that is the look you are going for, why not consider an Alpha Black? You can get an E-gripped tactial version for $170ish. Add a Cylcone feeder for another $60 and you are pretty much ready to go.  You could even upgrad to a J&J or Lapco barrel for an extry $35 or so and still well under what you would spend for a new similiarly equipped A5. You would be even hard pressed to get a Used A5 setup like this for less. Granted, if you decide against the look later on, you are boned, but if you don't plan on switching it up...  The A5 internals are essentially the same as the 98 and AB.
Jsmoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 10:14am
Yea I was actually thinking exactly that... here's what kinda trips me up a bit - from what I've read online since the internals are the same, the A-5 and AB should perform similar.  Yet every post or thing I've read about "A-5 vs. AB" everyone seems to say A-5.

So from what I've gathered, with the A-5 you're basically paying for the cyclone (which I would get for my AB) and the ability to mod it out more and they easy field stripping capabilities?

Because if that's the case (and I don't plan on changing from the M4 look) then it seems like the AB is the way to go.. Because the only upgrade I would be looking at really is the Cyclone and E-trigger for it...
Shenkyei Rambo View Drop Down
strike 1- filter dodge, 6/21/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenkyei Rambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 10:08pm
i'd say just buy the barrel, shroud, grip and front sight from opsgear. the stock and carry handle can be made by whoever. my friend made his 98C into an M4/M16/AR15 (whatever the hell you want to call it) with mostly opsgear and he seems happy with it... except for the mag... but thats another story

but i recommend opsgear for most of your purchases if youre going for looks. they make good quality stuff from aircraft aluminum so it'll last a long time!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(").. COPY BUNNY INTO SIG AND HELP HIM ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic