FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gallup Pro-life/choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gallup Pro-life/choice
    Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:29pm
How do you explain this?

Big jump in the span of 1 year...

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:42pm
My -best- guess, without looking at any of the raw polling data and doing any calculations (Which I learned to do this year, excitingly enough) I think it MIGHT be due to the drop in those who identify themselves as conservative and more people who consider themselves to be moderate.

Which makes more sense if you look at this:

...Which splits it up into the sections.

As you can see, the two cross at the end of the chart. Your chart is a magnified version of the end of mine, without the top line. The top line shows the moderate stance, I believe.

Maybe. I could be wrong.

Edited by agentwhale007 - 18 May 2009 at 7:44pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:49pm
All of FE's logical arguments and valid points must be paying off.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:51am
Abortion is murder...

But, it is interesting to me that many of the people that believe waterboarding is torture, condone abortion...
They tremble at my name...
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:43am
Waterboarding isn't the same as abortion. I don't know why that would be interesting to you.

I find it interesting that people are so against abortion though.
Que pasa?

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:53am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Abortion is murder...

But, it is interesting to me that many of the people that believe waterboarding is torture, condone abortion...

What do you think about the right of parents to refuse medical treatment for their kids?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

What do you think about the right of parents to refuse medical treatment for their kids for religious reasons?

Also, I would consider myself pro-life, but also pro-choice.  Think about it.
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

What do you think about the right of parents to refuse medical treatment for their kids for religious reasons?

Also, I would consider myself pro-life, but also pro-choice.  Think about it.

Very respectable.
Dunbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:20pm
Abortion is sick and wrong. you know how they do that crap? they flip the baby around, so the head is still in the womb, they stick a needle in the baby's neck, at the base of the skull and in the spinal cord, and suck the spinal fluid right out of the baby. If you still think abortion is right you must be one very sick individual.
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Dunbar Dunbar wrote:

Abortion is sick and wrong. you know how they do that crap? they flip the baby around, so the head is still in the womb, they stick a needle in the baby's neck, at the base of the skull and in the spinal cord, and suck the spinal fluid right out of the baby. If you still think abortion is right you must be one very sick individual.

Haha. You're funny.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:42pm

so if the baby is gonna be born with a serious defect that will leave it hospital ridden where it will most likely die in a few weeks, abortion is sick? i don't think so. the sick thing to do would be to birth it and have it suffer for its short lifetime. abortion isn't murder. the fetus has no feelings or any kind of idea of its own existence. therefore, it is not considered a human being
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:51pm

You know what is worse than that? When a child is born to a home that can't support it, or doesn't want it.

Abortions aren't just because think a baby is inconvenient at the moment. And besides, the procedure doesn't change a thing for me, I'm still completely pro choice.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:25pm
I couldn't find reference to the exact procedure described above, but will concur that late term abortions are barbaric at best IMO and think most people would find the them quite distasteful. They also represent less than 1% of abortions. The vast majority are completed during the first 8wks. Regardless of how repugnant you may find the procedure, I still feel that it comes down to the woman to do with her body as she chooses. With that said, I find it more hypocritical that we condone abortion on the grounds of personal freedom, yet make assisted suicide illegal.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:43pm
pro choice... but you need to make up your mind early...

if you dont do it in the first few months just have the kid and give it to someone who wants one.

i dated a chick and a few months after we broke up found out she was 7 MONTHS pregnant... her mom was like "its hard to tell when you have an irregular period" that chick was fine for 28 days then bled for 3. i could set my damn watch to it. no way missing your period for 7 months is a surprise...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:44pm
That's a different issue entirely though, just because you support one doesn't mean you HAVE to support the other. An abortion is an unborn, unaware, undeveloped, unconcious thing that is being removed. Assisted suicide is killing a fully (ideally) developed person. Now I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I think there are some situations that do have merit, such as being a quad.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:51pm

No, because both are still based on the idea of control over ones body. The fetus isn't a person, therefore it falls under jurisdiction, so to speak, of the women doing with "her body" as she deems fit. Assisted suicide is still someone doing with their body as they seem fit, but the government won't allow it. I am not saying you have to support either, simply pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing one and not the other. That's how I look at anyways.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:53pm
But it's two different situations entirely.... One is not really related to the other.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

You know what is worse than that? When a child is born to a home that can't support it, or doesn't want it.

Abortions aren't just because think a baby is inconvenient at the moment. And besides, the procedure doesn't change a thing for me, I'm still completely pro choice.

Oh, please. That is the worst argument for pro choice...

I have a good friend who was almost aborted. His mom was raped, and she didn't want to have him...

He is a great guy, and has started a very successful company, and his mother loves him very much, and is super close to him still...  And she can't believe she even considered killing him before he was born.

BTW. he looks just like the rapist who was convicted of multiple rapes and is in jail.

Even with the best of circumstances life is hard. Why is it so easy to kill a child in our world?
They tremble at my name...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

But it's two different situations entirely.... One is not really related to the other.
  Both are based on the right to do what you want with your body. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:56pm
Because it's not a child. And yeah, some people turn out great, just like how some people with great parents can wind up stealing cars and smoking meth. You can't predict their life. And my argument for pro choice is NOT "if we dont, then their lives will suck" that was just an observation about potential situations. I'm pro choice because I believe the parents have the right to choose whether they have a child or not, and I don't see it as a big deal. Personally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic