Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HPA Air Pressure for Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jsmoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPA Air Pressure for Alpha Black
    Posted: 16 May 2009 at 2:25pm
Another quick question, I got a 50ci/4500psi tank for my alpha black.  I read that Tippmann's need high pressure (800psi +) to operate.  Is this correct for an Alpha Black w/no E-trigger?

According to the web, it says that I should expect about 750 shots, but running on high pressure would that # drop?

Edited by Jsmoke - 16 May 2009 at 2:26pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 4:43pm
What's the output pressure of the regulator?
Jsmoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:05am
I believe it's 800psi.  I have a   Ninja Tank - 50ci/4500psi.  You can adjust the output pressure down by removing these shims in the regulator.  So I'm assuming that since it probably ships set to the highest pressure (since it didn't come w/any extra shims anywhere) and you just lower it if needed.

So I'm guessing I really shouldn't have to adjust anything for my AB, just fill it and go...
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 7:46pm
Interesting.  How well can you fine tune the output pressure on that regulator by adding/removing shims?
Jsmoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:46am
There's two shims, a red and a white.  The red is for larger adjustments and white for smaller.  I think it said in the instructional video that one red reduces it down to like 600-650.  If you goto: http://www.ninjapaintball.com/static.asp?path=75    there's a video about adjusting the pressure
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:27am
Probably just adjusts between high pressure and low pressure. I doubt it is anything like the AGD flatline regulators that let you fine tune.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:30pm
800 psi output pressure will operate the AB without problems.  As far as efficiency, I would expect 600 to 700 shots per fill.  (roughly)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic