Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electric hopper or cyclone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric hopper or cyclone?
    Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:27pm
Just wondering what u guys recommend?
98 Custom Pro Platinum
Response Trigger
DOP Rocket Cock 2
Lapco Bigshot 12" w/Apex Tip
Tippmann Triumph Hopper
HPA 90/4500
Polished Internals
GOMEZ15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOMEZ15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:14pm
i would suggest a cyclon, but a electric hopper will work just as well. only resone i don't like electric hoppers is becase there 'electric'. either will do.
FORUM snowboarding
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:06pm
for which marker?

My self I love cyclones. best feed system for the recreational and MILSIM player.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:28pm
for my 98.  yea ill prolly get the cyclone cuz it runs on excess air as opposed to batteries.
98 Custom Pro Platinum
Response Trigger
DOP Rocket Cock 2
Tippmann Triumph Hopper
HPA 90/4500
Polished Internals
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 3:15am
electric hopper, cyclone is terrible, its slow and is gigantic, a revvy runs on its batteries for 6 months, and is just as fast and has no impact on your profile.
<1 meg sig = bad>
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 10:31am
if you are not going to shoot more then 20bps, then the cyclone is great for you. like what EE seid its great for the "recreational and MILSIM player".

and if your are more into milsim, you can get a "tac-cap" (a small hopper that can turn into a 50,40,30 shot mini hopper) that will make it "less impact" on your gun.

but personally, i never had that "impact" problem with the cyclone, it's not any bigger then a egg or a revvy (or any) loaders. it's just luck of the draw when it comes to getting shot and where.

Edited by kurieitaa - 07 May 2009 at 10:34am
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by kurieitaa kurieitaa wrote:

if you are not going to shoot more then 20bps, then the cyclone is great for you. like what EE seid its great for the "recreational and MILSIM player".

and if your are more into milsim, you can get a "tac-cap" (a small hopper that can turn into a 50,40,30 shot mini hopper) that will make it "less impact" on your gun.

but personally, i never had that "impact" problem with the cyclone, it's not any bigger then a egg or a revvy (or any) loaders. it's just luck of the draw when it comes to getting shot and where.

yes in volume or surface area its the same size, but in front profile its way bigger, dont lie to the guy.
<1 meg sig = bad>
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

yes in volume or surface area its the same size, but in front profile its way bigger, dont lie to the guy.

you were talking about the front? well it is kinda bigger then the normal loaders, but it's not that bad tho, and i wasent lieing, sorry if i missunderstood you.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 11:53pm
I never been shot in the Tac Cap ever. I have been shot on the Flatline Shroud of my A-5 more than I have been on the Hopper.
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:49am
Personally I'd definately suggest the cyclone feed.  Put it on and go, no batteries or nuttin'.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 12:31am
ive heard ppl say their cyclone blends their paint.  is this a common problem? 
98 Custom Pro Platinum
Response Trigger
DOP Rocket Cock 2
Tippmann Triumph Hopper
HPA 90/4500
Polished Internals
deeplove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeplove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:28pm
Cyclone and Tac Cap FTW!!!

I have the Cyclone on my 98 Custom and I don't have any issues at all. Went from X7 hopper to Tac Cap. In woodsball play, I don't use much paint. I don't like getting into fire fights. That gives away your position. 3 or 4 shots the most.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:02pm
I've played pretty extensively with a, A-5. I don't believe I took too many hopper hits. besides, if the hopper wasn't there it'd just hit your mask. The cyclone was not available for the 98 when I got my reloader (which is a decent hopper for a mechanical 98) but if I had to do it again, i'd go with the 98 and cyclone. the 98's design gives you better access to the breach anyways. Never had a cyclone turn into a blender unless I used awful paint in cold weather. 
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:58pm
i have both on different 98s and there is something nice about not having to use batteries, and for the blender thing i havent had that problem but whomever told you that could have had the cyclone cranked up to high and tech t makes softer "squishy paddles " to be easier on paint,  and hopper hits are going to happen i get them on booth hoppers equally. But another nice thing about cyclones is that you can change your hopper shells for under 10 bucks per shell to change up style of play, 450rd,350rd,300rd,200standard 200 x7 low profile and50,40,30rd tac caps . lots of versatility for rec player. If you really care alot about hopper profiles you should consider a different marker. I personally always play with a tippmann usually a 98, I play speedball with it and take on egos, cockers and dyes. Just remeber its your marker and have fun with it.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 6:12pm
I used to use an A5, and I never had a problem with my cyclone, although, it sticks out quite a bit when youre trying to stay close to a bunker. I was shot out countless times because of though.

I do suggest an electric hopper. If and when you switch to another gun, you cannot use the cyclone on the new gun. But, electric ones will work with any selection you pick.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 7:10pm

I wouldnt consider the paint i use  to be "cheap" but its not premium either.  a case of 2000 goes for about $44.  Do u think if i get the cyclone ill need the squishy paddles or should the paint be durable enough?

98 Custom Pro Platinum
Response Trigger
DOP Rocket Cock 2
Tippmann Triumph Hopper
HPA 90/4500
Polished Internals
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:48pm
in most cases the stock paddles are fine just start off with the standard cyclone and when/if your tearing up some paint upgrade. I had my cyclone for almost 2 years  before I upgraded and I did it more because I had money burning a hole in my pocket more than needing to do it.
xbeaverx16x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xbeaverx16x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 11:21am
i use an electric hopper for my gun and i personally don't like it because in woods play it so loud people can hear you from like 20-30 feet away, but i got this one for free cause my friend got an extra one for free with his A-5
NickVanDick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickVanDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 6:46pm
I put a cyclone system on my 98 and love it.

I have talked to many people and they say that the offset feedneck screws up the fast feeding for an electric hopper. It doesnt feed as fast. Plus. I dont like having to worry about batteries. The cyclone spins off of every trigger pull from the air your using.

I have never had a problem with paint breaking inside my cyclone. I have had it break in my gun, when the bolt hits it. then it sprays into my cyclone and i gotta clean everything. You only might have a problem with cheap paint in cold weather.

Here is an upgrade kit i just ordered (should be here in a few days ) http://www.rockstartactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4117

With that upgrade kit you can get your cyclone shooting at like 36 BPS i think. If ever need to shoot that fast. I know i wont, just incase though.

I also purchased the X7 low profile hopper that way its not sticking out as much. Like some other people said it does stick out some more but not any more than a regular hopper does, and since its on a 98 a normal hopper would be offset too. Not much you can do about that.

The good thing about having a cyclone for a 98 rather than an A-5 is that if a part breaks on it when you are playing, you can just throw on a regular gravity feed hopper and keep playing the rest of the day.

Good Luck making your decision dude. That was my advice. My setup works great for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic