FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C-A-P-S!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

The Washington Post ran a great 3-page article starting as their front-page headline item in today's paper on Donald Brashear's life. It's amazing he even survived early childhood let alone stayed focused enough to become one of hockey's greats. Sad story, very very sad story, but some amazing insight into Brash's life.

link to story

It's worth a read!
i wouldn't go quite as far as to say he was a hockey great.

I would! The man threw down with Bob Probert as a rookie and walked away unscathed after they both went to the ice. He's one of the most talented enforcers out there. The man can skate, pass, shoot, hit, and get the message across which is a lot more than any other enforcer can do. And if you want to come down to fighting... well...

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 11:26pm

The Washington Post ran a great 3-page article starting as their front-page headline item in today's paper on Donald Brashear's life. It's amazing he even survived early childhood let alone stayed focused enough to become one of hockey's greats. Sad story, very very sad story, but some amazing insight into Brash's life.

link to story

It's worth a read!
i wouldn't go quite as far as to say he was a hockey great.

I would! The man threw down with Bob Probert as a rookie and walked away unscathed after they both went to the ice. He's one of the most talented enforcers out there. The man can skate, pass, shoot, hit, and get the message across which is a lot more than any other enforcer can do. And if you want to come down to fighting... well...

this is all well and good, yes. but will he be remembered in the years after his retirement? probably not on the level of the high profiles such as ovechkin or crosby

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 2:32am
I have to agree with Slacker.. Donald Brashear, Georges Laraque, they are all star goons, but they are still just enforcers. They don't get immortalized with the skill players.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 9:45pm
Wow! Game two was a nail biter! Ovi and Crosby BOTH had hat tricks, but when it came down to it, Steckel showed that you've gotta have a TEAM effort, not just one or two good players out there.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 10:06pm
I just cant imagine the knuckle damage after throwing a haymaker to a helmet. Sure they aim for the face or the helmet comes off sometimes, but if you watch some of the big fights theres a ton of shots thrown full force that connect with some of the hardest points on the helmet...man....
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 10:59pm
getting hit on the helmet doesnt even hurt. i've been there before. knuckles split most times
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:25pm
no excited post from tallen tonight? oh yea. the caps lostLOL
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:37pm

Exactly!
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 11:51pm

getting hit on the helmet doesnt even hurt. i've been there before. knuckles split most times

Yeah, no kidding getting punched in the head when you're wearing a helmet doesn't hurt... I'm talking about punching hard plastic. Heck I broke a knuckle punching a kneecap.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Exactly!

What can I say? Crappy officiating combined with lackluster offensive performance by the Caps and you wind up with a loss in OT. Mind you, even with a lackluster performance from our offensive crew, we still tied it and forced it to overtime. If it hadn't been for that crap "slashing" call after the refs decided not to call the two goalie interferences just prior, it'd be a 3-0 series right now. But, you can't win them all. We're still better. Pens played their hearts out and won it in OT. Caps played like crap and still took it to OT. Kinda shows who's got the better team if you ask me.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 12:31pm
I love how Caps fans like to call Crosby a whiner when he talks to refs on ice, then blame a loss on officiating. It's makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 1:05pm

Exactly!

What can I say? Crappy officiating combined with lackluster offensive performance by the Caps and you wind up with a loss in OT. Mind you, even with a lackluster performance from our offensive crew, we still tied it and forced it to overtime. If it hadn't been for that crap "slashing" call after the refs decided not to call the two goalie interferences just prior, it'd be a 3-0 series right now. But, you can't win them all. We're still better. Pens played their hearts out and won it in OT. Caps played like crap and still took it to OT. Kinda shows who's got the better team if you ask me.

figured it would be something like thisBig smile
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:41pm
Or maybe the Caps woulda had a better chance to win last night if Ovechkin would have tried to score throughout that game instead of taking runs on Pens d-men.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:57pm

I love how Caps fans like to call Crosby a whiner when he talks to refs on ice, then blame a loss on officiating. It's makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Did you hear that boy whining to the ref? VS audio picked it up. Whiny little pain in the butt.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:00pm
No, I didn't listen to Vs play by play...I can't stand Doc Emerick. However, Sid is the team captain...it's his job to talk to the refs...he's the representative of the team!

I heard the same things last series vs the Flyers from their fans, but Mike Richards thinks the tone of a whistle means conference with the zebras!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:32pm
Their directional mics picked Crosby complaining to the refs about an off-sides call when his team mate was 20 feet in front of the blue line before the puck crossed. I can understand talking about some calls, but you need a leg to stand on, otherwise it's just complaining. His tone of voice really didn't help his image either. Rather whiny.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:09pm
TSN did a poll of NHL players forwho was the biggest whiner.  Crosby won with 50% of the votes.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:17pm
You know what? Fine, for the sake of argument, lets call Crosby whiny. He is a whiner. In that case, he has a long way to go to catch up to members of the Capitals organization.

Originally posted by Coach Bruce Boudreau Coach Bruce Boudreau wrote:

"As far as the penalties go, I hope I never hear them complaining about penalties again. I think we might have deserved the [seven] penalties, but they sure as hell deserved more than the [three] that they got.Ē

On the NHL network showing a chalkboard during pregame footage
Originally posted by Coach Bruce Boudreau Coach Bruce Boudreau wrote:

"Pretty classless act on CBC's part," "I mean, we give them access to everything, and for them to do that is really unprofessional. And they've been in this game the longest. It's not right, and whoever was in charge of that should be reprimanded very, very harshly."

"I don't think it's a secret that you want to get the puck deep and you want to take Malkin and Crosby out of the situation," he added, "but other than that, it's just so unprofessional. You allow people access to your room, with the [expectation] that it's going to be a business situation, and to do that before the game gives the other team an unfair advantage."

Originally posted by Washington GM George McPhee Washington GM George McPhee wrote:

"they shouldn't have done it," he said. "They should know better than to do that. They've been talked to."

Originally posted by McPhee McPhee wrote:

"I was disappointed with the officiating last night," McPhee said. "One team gets seven power plays, the other team gets two. It's hard to win that game. Your defensemen are tired, your role players are tired from killing penalties and your top players don't get on the ice as much as you would like them to."

Originally posted by Some Washington Capitals ticketcounter worker Some Washington Capitals ticketcounter worker wrote:

" (Captials Owner) 'Mr. Leonsis has given us orders not to sell tickets to Penguins fans.' "

Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:22pm
lol Tallen is a member of the Caps organization?
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:24pm
He is officially representing the Capitals fanbase in my quote list.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic