FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C-A-P-S!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 2:19am
Alright well its late so I'll post my jersey tomorrow, but can someone tell me why Detroit is Western Conference? I never really bothered to check who was where, but since my jersey has western conference on it, I'm curious why a team that far east is considered western?
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 4:46am
Meh. Michigan is in the Midwest, that's probably the only reason.

I managed to dig up my Wings jersey with the blank back from when they won back in the 90's ('96 I think is when it was made).
Somehow it still fits me even though I got it in elementary school... Thing must've been HUGE. I've only worn it once or twice before now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:47pm
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Alright well its late so I'll post my jersey tomorrow, but can someone tell me why Detroit is Western Conference? I never really bothered to check who was where, but since my jersey has western conference on it, I'm curious why a team that far east is considered western?

Because most of the NHL teams are further east than even Detroit. Many of the more western teams, like the Ducks, and Sharks, were added to the league via expansion in the 90s. The Avalanche, in Denver, was relocated west from Quebec.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:02pm
That still seems so odd that a team so far east is considered the west. At least there is a reason though I guess
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:11pm
Another big thing, the Western Conference has only been so named for about a decade, or so. They used Eastern and Western Conferences to help make the sport a little more accessible for new fans.

It used to be called the Wales (East) and Campbell (West) conferences. They weren't so strictly geographically named.

Edited by Shub - 18 May 2009 at 8:12pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:15pm
Ah, now THAT makes more sense for sure. Either way, yay jersey.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:22pm
Yep, at one time, Philadelphia and the Islanders were in what's now the Western Conference.

Don't like Detroit, but I do like the practice jersey. Looks sweet.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 10:09pm
Every year, theres always like a rank of the best sports jerseys and Detroit is always in the top 5 I think.  I don't know how, their jerseys aren't that great.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Every year, theres always like a rank of the best sports jerseys and Detroit is always in the top 5 I think. I don't know how, their jerseys aren't that great.

They're just a classic, which for that alone I understand their appeal. I really like the Canucks alternate jersey, their first logo with the stick:

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:01am
Since we are posting jerseys:

Bolts circa 1992

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:05am
The jersey I wear most of the time is one of their practice jerseys, but it doesn't look anything like that. It's just solid red, I believe. I'll have to take a picture of it eventually.  It's got my main man, Lidstrom on it, though before he was captain.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic