FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mere hours away from being a dad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 4:52pm
My teacher at school just had his wife give birth on 12:10am Friday and hes all smiles when he came in today. He showed us the C-section pictures in class and it was really cool.

Anyways congratulations Reb!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 5:43pm
Congratulations!

In order to help your wife forget going through labor you should take full credit for bringing him into the world and do your best to minimize her contributions.  This is best accomplished by holding him at arms length above your head, saying things like "I rule" and doing Tim Allen style grunts.

(Okay, you should probably ignore the previous advice if you ever again want to feel safe falling asleep while the wife is in the house.  Big smile)

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

I'm envious, I count that moment of my son being born as one of the best of my life, hope everything goes well and congrats.

Johnny nailed it.  The two best moment of my life concern my son:  His birth and his commissioning.  (I considered it indicative that he had reached adulthood without me screwing him up too badly.)

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

i've always wondered what it would be like to have a son. i would look at him and be like "i made you"

The line a friend of mine used when his daughters were obnoxious was "I helped bring you into this world and I can take you out of it and make a replacement."

The below bore repeating.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, no sleep for you for the next six months...

This man speaks the truth on this.

Here are a few tips.

SCHEDULE!

Learning to schedule your kid will save you in life, every day try to keep them to the same schedule, naps at the same time, bedtime at the same time, and build rituals that you follow, the kids will keep doing them as they grow up. I tell my kids bedtime, and they do everything they need to, brush teeth, put on jammies, clean up their rooms, ect.

Schedule is waaaay important.  My step-daughter is learning that the hard way now.

Also, learn the trick of Cheerio's. Keep a container of cheerios in your baby bag, when you need the child to be quiet (in church, ect) give them one at a time, but put it in your hand so they have to open your fingers to get them... Keeps them occupied for hours up to about 5 years old!

Hmmmm . . . I never thought of this . . . I guess it was better than what I did with duct tape.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:31pm
Grats Reb! Get some pictures, just make sure you dress him in a little Tippmann shirt first.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 8:15pm
congrads man.

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Grats Reb! Get some pictures, just make sure you dress him in a little Tippmann shirt first.

2 things:

1. nice
2. OMG, ENOS.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 8:43pm
The word mere needs to be used more often

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 8:45pm
that more or less sums it up
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Well, conversations about your penis just don't happen as often as they used to around here.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:01pm
i totally thought that said more needs...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Well, conversations about your penis just don't happen as often as they used to around here.

We . . . have . . . a . . . WINNAR!
Peter Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

The two best moment of my life concern my son:  His birth and his commissioning

Holy cow - you ARE old.

And Reb - the trick is to lower your expectations.  I count myself as a successful father based solely on the fact that I have not yet killed either of my children.  Good behavior and book-learnin' is secondary.  Focus on keeping them alive.

"E Pluribus Unum" does not mean "Every man for himself".

Pop Quiz: What do all the Framers of the Constitution have in common?
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

Holy cow - you ARE old.

And Reb - the trick is to lower your expectations.  I count myself as a successful father based solely on the fact that I have not yet killed either of my children.  Good behavior and book-learnin' is secondary.  Focus on keeping them alive.

...Shocked
BU Engineering 2012
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Peter Parker Peter Parker wrote:

Holy cow - you ARE old.

I think I may have pointed that out before.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic