FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mere hours away from being a dad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mere hours away from being a dad!
    Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:07am
Its nearly 2am here on the east coast, and I'm sitting in a hospital room helplessly as my wife struggles with contractions. There's literally nothing I can do right now except listen to her groaning every few minutes when a fresh round of pain starts up.

Gentlemen (and lady) I've seen and done no small number of things in my lifetime, but this feels like nothing that I've ever, ever dealt with before. Despite the agony of not being able to do anything for Kim while she's hurting, this is absolutely awesome.

Before you start to laugh, the families have both been notified and we're waiting on their arrival. The only other thing I can do is surf the web and drink coffee- if I fall asleep, I'll probably be killed. Since I've known several of you for a lot of years, and I consider no small number of you friends despite wanting to bludgeon you for your opinions sometimes, it seemed sort of fitting that I keep you up to date on the situation.

So, more than likely, the next chance I get to post I'll have a few pictures of 'baby reb' to share. Thas it all for now. "Bender's Game" is on the tv, so I'll make an attempt to watch that- that is if I can sit still long enough once the coffee kicks in.

Goodnight.

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:08am
I'm envious, I count that moment of my son being born as one of the best of my life, hope everything goes well and congrats.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:14am
Congrats dude, i didnt even know you were an expectant mommy.

Are you naming your kid Hadrian?
///AMG What?
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:14am
i've always wondered what it would be like to have a son. i would look at him and be like "i made you"
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:39am
 Congrats Reb Clap
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:58am
Don't forget to mark the baby somewhere only you would look, to protect it from babysnatchers.

Congrats!
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 4:04am
Grats Reb. Choopie has some good advice. Also refer to him in the event of a bear attack.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 4:28am
And that's why the Romans invented the C Section.

Good luck man, invite us to the Christening. (or whatever religion you swear your child to :P )

KBK
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 7:28am
Best wishes, Reb, and good luck!

Its things like this that make me invariably thankful that I was born with a penis.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Its things like this that make me invariably thankful that I was born with a penis.

Amen brother.

After a few ours of rather painful contractions, they finally drugged her with some good stuff that allowed her to rest for a while. As I sit here now, its wearing off and mild discomfort is giving way to honest to goodness pain again. I don't know HOW they do it.

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 7:34am
5 hours later and she still hasnt had it?  the sucks.  You should inform her that she shouldnt worry about the pain because the suspense is killing you.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 8:38am
That's really exciting, Reb! Congrats! Hopefully I'll get to see a pic or two when I get back from class today.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:18am
pre-emptive congradulations. I didn't even know there was one on the way. 
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:21am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Don't forget to mark the baby somewhere only you would look, to protect it from babysnatchers.

Congrats!

i'm actually very good when it comes to babies. when i was young i performed my own circumcision
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:32am
Congrats!

I kinda look forward to the time I have a kid.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:38am
So has she popped that sucker out yet? Congrats Reb, it's definitely going to be one of the most important days in your life.
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:56am
Congrats to you sir... It is indeed a humbling life changing event...

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:58am
Didn't I tell you to go for the Starbuck's Double Shot Espresso cans Reb? Waaaayyyy better than Coffee.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:59am
Shoulda named it Cameron.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 10:12am
Congrats Reb!  Make sure you get a "push" present for your wife.Wink 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic