Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black Power Tube Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starloric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starloric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alpha Black Power Tube Issues
    Posted: 26 April 2009 at 6:48pm
So, I've come back with knowledge of the internals of the Alpha Black I bought... The same as a 98C, right?

Well, I put in the CO2 tank, and I heard a leak coming from the line-in on the gun. Turns out, there was no teflon tape in it! So, I bought some, wrapped it around the threads, and it still leaks! It also stick out diagonally. Here are some photos, sorry about the low quality. Should I just get a new tube? 

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:33pm
It looks like you cross-threaded it. Probably tore the threads up pretty bad, I imagine that valve is trashed.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 4:33pm
I suggest that you call the Tippmann Customer Support. Give them your Warranty info and tell them about your Marker problems. With customer support second to none you'll have your Alpha Black up and gunning in no time.
Starloric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starloric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 5:25pm
So, get a new power tube?
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:27pm
The power tube is just the black plastic the aluminum valve rides in.

Heres the trick to threading easy-to-ruin parts like Tippmann valves:

Stick the fitting in the hole, but turn it backwards like you were loosening it. When the threads get to the proper spot where they will engage, you will feel a little click. Then start tightening, and dead on every time.

Its a handy trick with anything thats either very tiny threads, or easy to strip like the soft aluminum valve threading.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic