Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interchangeable air hoses?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SlamSlayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interchangeable air hoses?
    Posted: 24 April 2009 at 6:25pm
Ok so I found out the the latest batch of 98c plat act uses a new kind of thread for their air hose thats different from the old ones. This is what I have, the 98c plat act hose http://www.tippmannparts.com/TA02062-Gase-Line-98-Platinum-Series-ACT-p/gp3861.htm which  palmers didn't even know extisted so I now have a $100 paper weight. This is what the last batch had http://www.tippmannparts.com/98-09C-7-and-7-8-in-Gas-Line-98-Custom-ACT-p/gp3392.htm which fits perfectly into just about everything. Are those two lines interchangeable? Or do they not fit in each others slots.

The primary difference seems to be the mine (the platinum) has an independent swiveling thread while I guess (having never handled it) the older one does not. Are they the same thread size otherwise? Or is their going to be a universal adapter made for the now many useless mods and upgrades that would have needed the old style of line?  Is there some kind of thread to thread adapter for these problems? Can I use any old one I might find in a hardware/plumbing type store?

Im pretty pissed off about this. I don't know who to direct that at. I bought this gun thinking, awesome latest and greatest version. But meanwhile everything That I have tried to add to it has needed some kind of adjustment or basically more money thrown at it becuase of the minor changes (that people seem to not know about) having a major impact.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 6:39pm
Would a marco line work? With Old style fitting on the asa side and new style on the "gas chamber" (right term?) side? Does that exist? Linkage?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 6:56pm
Ok. First off, you really could have just left all these in the same thread. Pretty much related. Live, learn etc.

Yes the Platinum series has a different connection into the valve (connection into the bottom of the marker). At this time, I am not aware of anyone that makes longer hoses with this type of fitting. A couple of options.

1. Call Palmers and explain the situation, perhaps they would let you return it.
2. Is there anyway to slide the stab forward by making sure the clamp is on the front side of the grip? You might have to use this to kick back the bottle threads: http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=593
2. You could buy either a short length of braided steel line and  a 1/8 npt coupling. An alternative would be to get a short brass extension from the hardware store ( plumbing isle). The threads are 1/8 NPT. Again, you could use a female coupling similiar to this: http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=12 to connect the brass extension and the braided steel line. This would be your easiest and probably cheapest bet. If you wanted, you can paint the brass extension black so its less noticeable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 7:24pm
I dont think either of those would work. If the tab was able to slip over the end it would fit into the palmers to begin with. So how would the coupling help? There would not be any room for the tip of the air hose to go into the couple so that the two threads could meet. Thats the problem with the palmers. But how would that tank extension be any different? I also called them and spoke to an airsmith. They had no idea there even was a new thread to begin with. It wasn't from them anyway, another site selling it. I don't want to return it I just want it to work. Oh and sorry for the extra posting. Just VERY frustrated with a $100 paper weight atm Cry  Here are some pictures.

Edited by SlamSlayer - 24 April 2009 at 7:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:08pm
Ok so I think tippmann makes an actual adapter for this problem. Somone on the palmers forums posted about it months ago. He must have been talking through pms though because of his replies or to someone who never actually posted publicly. So I have no idea the help he received but I do know he found what he wanted. But he hasn't been online since, early january this year...... Can anyone help me track this down. The new thread system I found out is some kind of self sealing one. Here is the thread http://www.paintballpalmer.com/showthread.php?t=13047
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:18pm
Hmm. Ok, I guess that is a new on me. I apologize. I thought you were saying that the gas line wasn't long enough.  It does look like the inner part is smaller than the threads, so maybe going to the hardware store to see if they have any 90 degree elbow with longer threads that will allow the hose to fit in may be an option?? I am guessing, but trying to throw something out there for you.

Another option, which may be throwing more money at the situation is to get this: http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_item_t202016.htm . It will plug into the marker and you could use the Palmers instead of the ASA. SHOULD  work. Are you running HPA or CO2? If CO2, the expansion chamber can help as well....

Option number xx would be to replace the Platinum powertube and valve with one from a non-Platinum. I saw where someone else did this in order to use the old style vertical adapter.

I hope this helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:22pm
You mean buy that x chamber  and take the parts from it?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:23pm
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=3

You might want to call Tippmann on Monday and explain the problem. Maybe they can confirm the thread difference.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by SlamSlayer SlamSlayer wrote:

You mean buy that x chamber  and take the parts from it?
  I posted my repy while you were typing yours regarding the thread sizes.

The X-chamber looks like it has 1/8' threads for the input which would allow standard fittings. Honestly, I could be wrong though and at this point don't want to steer you incorrectly. I think you may want to call Tippmann and verify what threads are on what before you get in deeper.

Sorry for the confusion and possible misinformation. I really didn't realize the fittings were different. First time I have seen this issue posted and I truly assumed that they were still using 1/8 fittings on the ASA side.  You know what they say about assuming...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 9:07pm
No worries, everyone has had the same reaction to this. Im still not sure what that part you posted would do either. How does that peice help?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 9:20pm
 According to the thread you posted, they are saying that the thread on the gas line that connect to the ASA are 1/4" threads and that the standard threads for most ASAs and the Palmers stab are 1/8". The piece I linked is an 1/4" female that would connect to the hose to 1/8 male that would connect to the Palmers. IF the info in the other forum is correct. At this point, I wouldnt trust it though. I really would just call Tippmann on Monday and see if they have a solution or can at least give you an idea of the thread types.

I am about 99 percent sure the Expansion chamber idea would work, but there's another 50.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 10:58pm
Yeah im gonna call on monday. I'll let you know how that goes. Im sitting here thinking of all the money I dumped into this gun to get it to work. Depressing.. But I've come this far.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 11:08pm
I won't depress you more letting you know how little you will get in return. lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:18pm

Wait would this work? Possible to put onto the palmers stab and replace the elbow on it already? This one is made for the pro plat I think, it takes the plat self seal line. TA10025 Tippmann Gas Line Elbow - Blk with Flared

http://www.tippmannparts.com/TA10025-Tippmann-Gas-Line-Elbow-Blk-with-Flared-p/7794.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 8:54pm

Well I finally got the part. Actually it came on friday but no one was home to get it =/. So I had to wait the (for once) looong weekend until it would come. I need it for tommorow so this was cutting it really really close. I spent the whole day sitting outside in the rain waiting for the ups truck until someone came home lol (I live in a private apartment round back, no one was home in the front where packages tend to go).

So yeah that part worked. I mean Im going to test my set up tommorow, but it connected everything. I picked up some teflon tape also just in case. Made sure I wrapped up the ends good. But this self sealing line shouldn't need that. Finally after 3 weeks my marker is complete. Maybe I'll get an apex in the future, but that might be for a different marker. Maybe something actually from BT. So for now I've got my flatline set up for maximun results. We shall see tommorow. Sadly the weather has been very **edited**ty (rain) the past few days so im hoping it wont be TO bad tommorow.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:49am
So was it the part you mentioned above or did Tippmann send something else?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 6:37pm
Did I got the right part? Yeah I got the right part The A-5, X7 and 98 plat all use the same asa side hose. So its works on all. Sadly I didnt put the teflon tape on good and had a leak when I get there.............SOB. So rental again. But I got to try out my clothes and pods and got my first true snake kill lol. Got the muddy stomache and **edited**ty smell to go with it lol. Actually I got 4, took out the whole other team on that run. Awesome times indeed. Pisses me off though, I got home, fixed it in two friggin seconds.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:12pm
I was asking specifically if it was the part above that you linked.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlamSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:43pm
Yeah that was it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic