Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LAPCO BIGSHOT OR J&J CERAMIC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LAPCO BIGSHOT OR J&J CERAMIC?
    Posted: 24 April 2009 at 6:05pm
I am looking to upgrade the barrel of my 98 and the 2 barrels I'm considering are the Lapco Bigshot 14" and the J&J Ceramic 14". 

I was just wondering which barrel would u guys recommend?  I play woodsball where there is a lot of long shots.
GOMEZ15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOMEZ15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:34pm
i would have to recommend the J&J 14 inch.  but i haven't played with a Big Shot so i don't know how well they preform. my J&J is really nice.
FORUM snowboarding
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 9:46pm
Use the search funtion, it will point you to tons of topics like this.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 10:56am
The Bigshot v. J&J Ceramic has been a along standing argument.  I've shot both barrels and marvel at their accuracy.  The J&J is definitely tons quieter due to it's porting while the Bigshot barks like a dog.  I'd go with a J&J Ceramic 12".
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 10:49pm
I'm a big fan of the Lapco 8 inch barrel. Its very accurate, and at 8 inches it makes the 98 much smaller(works wonders on my BT-4). A buddy of mine just brought a Custom Products barrel for his 98, and that thing is super accurate.
T-Flex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Flex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 2:20am
cant go wrong either way
Prepare the Energon Cubes!
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 1:39am
Yea now I'm looking at Apex tips and I noticed both barrels are Apex compatible.  Any thoughts on which barrel works better with an Apex?  (I'm kinda leaning towards the J&J cuz its quieter and I can get a 14" barrel with the Apex whereas I can only get a 12" Apex Lapco)

Edited by $uperm@n_708 - 03 May 2009 at 1:40am
98 Custom Pro Platinum
Response Trigger
DOP Rocket Cock 2
Lapco Bigshot 12" w/Apex Tip
Tippmann Triumph Hopper
HPA 90/4500
Polished Internals
UrbanCowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanCowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 7:47pm
I ask myself the same question some time ago then I tried a HammerHead, with a few fins you don't need any thing else.
Urban Cowboy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic