FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FreeEnterprise,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FreeEnterprise,
    Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:38pm
I must offer this bet to others who don't frequent PBnation. For these reasons:

1. It is ridiculous
2. You claimed I will not pay if I lose
3. You complain that the PBnation fools didn't take the bet,

So for the people who have no idea what I am talking about plase read on:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise on PBN FreeEnterprise on PBN wrote:

I bet you my gun easily shoots 375 feet (less than 300fps). I'll bet you $5.00 per person. I will shoot a video, with the area clearly marked, no edits, and prove it. If I'm wrong I pay, if your wrong, you pay.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise on PBN FreeEnterprise on PBN wrote:

I posted a video, you whined about it. Told me I was lying, and a cheat... Then I ask you to put your money where your mouth is, and only ONE of you will do it. (and probably not pay when he loses...)

This is a perfect example of internet losers.

You all fail. Big tough guys with no guts to back it up... Bet you are all first shot kills on the internet too...

Bunch of crybabies.

I took my marker out to my driveway last night. and shot it up the driveway and then did paces up to where the paint hit.

135 paces.

135 X 3 = 405 feet.

You sure you want in on this jmac3?

So yes FE, if you prove to me that it goes 350+ feet without that crappy quality camera you use, I will give you $5. I also hope someone else takes up this bet.

Also, the video he speaks of in the second quote was the original video he made, not the one to prove his statement.

Edited by jmac3 - 17 April 2009 at 12:40pm
Que pasa?

slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:46pm
im down
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:50pm
I think we are going to need a little bit more precise measurement scale than stepping paces. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:53pm
I agree Whale
Que pasa?

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:54pm
Yeah.  Considering my average pace is < 3 feet, and I'm 6' 2".

That said, I have no money to bet.  I am technically in the hole $50 for team clothing right now, in fact.  So, I will bet you -$5.
BU Engineering 2012
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:54pm
Oh, it will be measured. I have a 50 foot tape measure, but I think I can get my hands on a rolling wheel measure...
They tremble at my name...
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:56pm
Oh and by the way, I am trolling you on PBnation. The video forum is just like the only section I go to other than the regional tournament series sections. It's the only one bookmarked.
Que pasa?

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:56pm
Just so it's clear, is this a bet as to whether a sub-300fps paintball can possibly travel 375ft+ from muzzle to first impact on the ground, on a flat area?

Tough call... The way velocity just drops off like crazy after 150 or makes me doubtful. Firing it at a high angle only exacerbates this...

With a very properly calibrated backspin it might be possible, but even then I doubt it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:58pm
Yes Brihard. A normal paintball fired from a normal paintball gun at around 300 FPS.
Que pasa?

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:03pm
We are probably going to need uncut video of the gun going through a chrono first, and then being fired right after without any adjustments to verify that it is legit under 300.

FE's Internet tough-guy persona aside, this doesn't seem that nonplausible. Then again I have not played paintball in a long time.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:05pm
Hush whale...

Come on there is NO way I can shoot that far...

tippmann a-5 with an apex barrel, co2.

I'll chrono it with my handheld chrono on tape before the shots. I'll do it at paintball junkeez tomorrow.

So you have to say your "in" today.
TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:06pm
I always get a kick when FE uses his "internet loser" line. Considering its PBN, I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the people provoking him were trolling. But thats aside from the point. The true comedic value in the OP, is the fact that FE called everyone a loser, but still cared enough about statements made on an internet forum to go out, and record a video.

All in favor of FE finding something better to do with his time than harassing people he's twice as old as on the internet, say "aye".

"Aye".
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:08pm
Somebody wanna weigh a paintball for me?
BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:08pm
Here is the bet.

I said I can shoot 350 feet.

I will be shooting not be shooting "level" but at an upward angle. I will chrono the gun at less than 300 fps. I will be using regular paint. (probably xps woodsball). I will measure, and if I can get help, I'll have guys standing at 50 foot intervals.

I will shoot a bunch of paint to show the distance that my gun can handle.

pbn said there is no way my gun can shoot 350... But, no one would bet cept jmac3 from here.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:09pm
I must add some information.

"150' x 125' are the dimensions for the actual playing field."

This is a standard xball field. About perfect length to no have to angle your barrel shooting corner to corner at 280-290 FPS. The bunkers are not right on the boundary lines.

On a 7 man field you have to slightly angle your barrel to shoot corner to corner. The field length is about 175 feet.

FE, is claiming his gun with only an APEX barrel can shoot 200 more feet(double the distance)

Edited by jmac3 - 17 April 2009 at 1:10pm
Que pasa?

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:10pm
Ooh, Apex barrel. That's a variable I don't know enough about- you can do weird things with those barrels. If anything, I think FE is earnest enough that he'd be honest about the results he's gotten...

If there's a tailored backspin on the ball, I can see it making 350+ if conditions are good with no wind.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:12pm
The Apex does seriously change the equation...

...and makes the physics calculations I've been doing here completely useless.
BU Engineering 2012
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:14pm
What kind of angle will you be holding the gun at (approximately)? Just curious.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by TheDude TheDude wrote:

All in favor of FE finding something better to do with his time than harassing people he's twice as old as on the internet, say "aye".

"Aye".

Nay.

I need some reason to keep coming back here.
BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:17pm

Not sure.. I will shoot at different angles to hit the targets.

two nights ago, when I tested it in my driveway, shot out level, and then walked out to the paint... 135 paces.

Then took about 10 more paces, and turned back toward my house and shot at the house... I put one in my garage... And then I tipped it up and hit the roof...

But, I'm sure that was just around 175 feet... right?

Come on, bet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic