Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FreeEnterprise,

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 3:10pm
FE, to crush any disputes, see if you can find a parking lot to do this, and IF possible do two camera angles. One of someone at the 350 mark (actually measured) filming, while another person films you, and the shooter from a different position, so you can verify that the paint is from that shooter.
Back to Top
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Official Box Hoister

Joined: 28 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 9201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 3:37pm
Choop, why would he even bother?

I mean if he feels like it.
Que pasa?


Back to Top
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
This title is just way too old

Joined: 20 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1091
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Eville, I cannot tell if you are being serious.

Paintballs are not glass cups or bottles. They bounce off hard objects quite often. I have thrown paintballs onto the ground and seen them bounce. I then threw the same paintball and it broke the second time.

I have taken bounces from 50 feet off of my mask lens. They do funny things. Some of this with brittle tournament paint.


That's because you've picked up the balls again and thrown them for a second time, likely at the same force as the first throw. In the video, the balls are coming down at a downward angle. Even if they survived the initial impact, they won't have enough force behind the bounce to make them break when they hit the ground for the 2nd time.

I call the video valid, and I think FE deserves his money.
Back to Top
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Joined: 31 October 2002
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 10715
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 5:37pm
Valid video, FE ought to get paid.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 6:34pm
I agree put your money where you mouth is an pay up, suckas! I think FE put in far more effort than nessisary and now the losers are whinning because they have to pay.

Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 7:15pm
Let's be fair, noone's whining... Jmac's willing to pay, and slackerr isnt saying much of anything... I think he still has a bad taste in his mouth from eating crow.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 7:38pm
Okay not whinning but nitpicking the video. Why go through all that work to just to fake it?

Back to Top
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Official Box Hoister

Joined: 28 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 9201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 1:07pm
I am nitpicking the video, because even he doesn't know if the balls made the actual 350. I am not saying he faked it. I merely stated that for me that video really doesn't cut it. I am admitting I lost because of the low dollar amount, and the fact others think it is suitable enough.

I am going to pay him, as I said I will. He PMed me his paypal, and will have it tomorrow at some point. Maybe Thursday if I'm not home tomorrow night.

Oh and Rapid Fire. Go bounce paint off of a table. Bounce it towards a wall. I bet some will bounce off the table and break off the wall.

Anyway, this is done with. Slacker should stop being a noob and admit he lost.
Que pasa?


Back to Top
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Joined: 24 June 2008
Location: Russian Federation
Status: Offline
Points: 1697
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 1:46pm
i never said i didnt lose
Back to Top
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Joined: 02 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:13pm
First of all, the bet was 375ft.  It barely got over 350.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise on PBN FreeEnterprise on PBN wrote:

I bet you my gun easily shoots 375 feet (less than 300fps). I'll bet you $5.00 per person. I will shoot a video, with the area clearly marked, no edits, and prove it. If I'm wrong I pay, if your wrong, you pay.


Second, based on the aforementioned fact, I highly doubt this.  Good try though.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise on PBN FreeEnterprise on PBN wrote:

135 X 3 = 405 feet.

You sure you want in on this jmac3?


Now, on to the video. 
A) As others have said, you measured along a windy road.  That's hardly an accurate measurement. 
B) When you are shooting the gun the camera man zooms in to the target, which shows nothing.  For all
     we know, you turned to the side and wasted all your paint and just had paint laid out.
C) You kept saying "See all that paint", but no, I rarely saw any.
D) The measurements were hardly indisputable.  For instance, for the first 300ft, it takes you ~ 20 steps/50 feet, yet going from 330ft to 350ft takes you 6 slow (hence, presumably smaller) steps?

My main qualms are A & D; B & C are just nitpicks.  Like Jmac said, were it more money he should not have paid, but since it's a measly $5, might as well.

Bottom like: definitely not Myth Busters quality and hardly conclusive evidence.
Back to Top
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Joined: 02 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Okay not whinning but nitpicking the video. Why go through all that work to just to fake it?


http://tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=178115&PN=1
Back to Top
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Joined: 19 September 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 3147
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:


Bottom like: definitely not Myth Busters quality and hardly conclusive evidence.


Mythbusters is a sad sad excuse for scientific testing.  entertaining, but still crappy experiments.
Back to Top
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Joined: 02 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:


Bottom like: definitely not Myth Busters quality and hardly conclusive evidence.


Mythbusters is a sad sad excuse for scientific testing.  entertaining, but still crappy experiments.


Still tenfold more credible than this.
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4788
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:37pm
wow... so much drama over a little video.
 
See, I was limited because you guys whined that there had to be zero edits... So I had to do the entire thing ONCE. No do overs...
 
The bet was for 350 feet.
 
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Here is the bet.
 
I said I can shoot 350 feet.
 
I will be shooting not be shooting "level" but at an upward angle. I will chrono the gun at less than 300 fps. I will be using regular paint. (probably xps woodsball). I will measure, and if I can get help, I'll have guys standing at 50 foot intervals.
 
I will shoot a bunch of paint to show the distance that my gun can handle.
 
pbn said there is no way my gun can shoot 350... But, no one would bet cept jmac3 from here.
 
 
So maybe when I was walking it off I guessed at the exact distances in between the 50 foot markers... Come on, I measured out exactly 50 feet, with the tape measure (and added a few inches at each one, which you can see in the video where the measure is laid out since I knew there would be whining...) Each checker is at a minimum 50 feet.
 
The driveway doesn't "wind" it has a slight curve. The camera work makes it more exaggerated than it is.
 
Here is a pic for proof.
 
 
I was shooting at a slight uphill grade, which would make the distance even more difficult.
 
I was shooting at 263 fps. Well below 300... Which makes a huge difference in distance. I could have turned up my gun, but why? I knew I could hit it at 260, as I have done it before... I'll save the 300fps for 375 feet...
 
It's youtube... On camera you can see the paint much better, hence my statements. I could recapture and put it on google video for higher quality, but why? The video is conclusive since I zoomed in on the paint past 350... and it is easy to see even with the low quality.
 
As to the continual statements that paint shot at over 200 feet won't break... I disagree.
 
All the paint broke, as it was hitting a gravel driveway. I didn't see any unbroken paint. To say it would bounce and then break is just silly and defies logic and science. The initial impact is the most severe, and would cause the break, if it "bounced" it wouldn't not then break on the next much lower impact... Besides you can see the splatter where each paintball hit.
 
Today's paint (when using a reputable brand) is so much better than paint of old. If fresh it almost always breaks. When it starts to age... Then you have problems with it not breaking.
 
So Slacker, when are you going to pay?


Edited by FreeEnterprise - 12 May 2009 at 3:39pm
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:43pm
That video was hilarious because I was expecting FreeEnterprise to be a 13 year old. Thanks man, I needed that.

Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:51pm
I'm so glad to have Cedric back. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4788
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

That video was hilarious because I was expecting FreeEnterprise to be a 13 year old. Thanks man, I needed that.
 
 
Ha, I was 13 in 1985...
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9820
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:07pm
^^^  You're still a youngin'.
Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

^^^ You're still a youngin'.

I always forget that you're old...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Actuarry its Skirret

Joined: 25 December 2004
Location: Liechtenstein
Status: Offline
Points: 9556
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 11:38pm
Mack is at LEAST 90/
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.