FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holy crap. Nerf.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holy crap. Nerf.
    Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:29am
So I was looking at this innocent list of the "Top 10 Best Nerf Guns Ever."

The first page of results are classics. Which are really cool, because I remember the commercials for a lot of these.

I even had a few.I owned the original bow and arrow, as well as the crossbow.

Going to the second page, apparently I have been out of the loop as far as Nerf goes for a while.

Holy crap:

Edited by agentwhale007 - 15 April 2009 at 10:29am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:32am
NERF DEATH KNIGHTS

OH WAIT
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:44am
My friend has the 1st one on his wedding registry.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:08am
Lucky young bastards.

My favorite one I owned was a pistol where it shot like normal, but then you could also shoot out the handle.

Edited by Linus - 15 April 2009 at 12:23pm

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I loled

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:12am

I thought playing with guns wasnt PC anymore? Surprised the Mothers Against Assault Weapons isn't boycotting outside their doors.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Lucky young bastards.

My favorite one I owned was a pistol where it shot like normal, but then you had a switch to shoot out the back of it if someone was behind you.
Pssh, I had the super soaker 50, first model. No fancy microphones, just a pump, a tank and a trigger.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:39am

Having recently taken up nerf, my friends and I have had the oppertunity to purchase and test many of the mentioned nerf guns.

The first one Whale posted is the vulcan, and while it looks impressive, in actuality it really isnt. Out of the box, this gun isnt that great. It can be modded at a cost, easily tripling the original 40 dollar cost. Even then, this gun, is still some what disappointing because it is very picky on when and how it works.

The second one whale posted, no one in the group has tested, mostly because it isnt that wonderful and cant be modded to improve its original performance.

The third one, is still in production, although I am curious to see how good it performs.

Having said that, I do recommed the Big Bad bow, that whale mentioned.

Also the Nitefinder:

The †Rapid Fire 20 Blaster :

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I loled

As did I
Que pasa?

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 12:01pm
I still have my Nerf BallZooka:

Nerf Secret Shot

And my first Nerf Gun, The Chain Blazer.

I'd argue the Ballzooka to be one of the best nerf guns released.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Nerf Secret Shot

Favorite. Gun. Ever.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 12:35pm

A guy here has the first one mentioned.

It works okay but just okay.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I thought playing with guns wasnt PC anymore? Surprised the Mothers Against Assault Weapons isn't boycotting outside their doors.

Those "Mothers Against" groups have all joined forces into one big group known as the Big Angry Democratic Movement United For Fun Stoppage.

Edited by Mack - 15 April 2009 at 1:45pm
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:13pm

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Nerf Secret Shot

Favorite. Gun. Ever.

I had that too!!! The smaller darts killed it though. Couldnt find many of them. I had like a mini arsenal with a chain gun that you had to turn a crank and it fired. I also had one with 3 rockets that were pretty big... That thing hurt if you got hit in the face.

Kinda want to bust out my arsenal and just own my little cousin... Isnt that what paintball is for though...?
Haha, guess we've all moved onto bigger, similar things.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:26pm
WOW! Number 5 on the list was my favorite!! The lock and load. They shot sooo nice. It was always my small gun first pick.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:25pm
I had the Lock and Load.†

Man, do I miss that gat.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:25pm
Can you imagine what Nerf will be like in 5-10 years?!
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:25pm
My chainblazer lasted less than one day, it hated sand. The ballzooka was my all-time favorite. I was drinking w/ friends the other night and one of his sisters friends had a bunch of nerf guns at the house including the vulcan(dead batteries, manually operated) and two nitefinders along with one other gun. Fun, drunken mayhem until his parents started getting annoyed at the constant fireing and combat rolls into the kitchen.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:26pm
The MG sucks, my roommate had it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic