Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a difference between HPA and comp air?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there a difference between HPA and comp air?
    Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:50pm
thanks in advance for your support
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:00pm
yep, HPA is cleaner and wont freeze up on ya.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

yep, HPA is cleaner and wont freeze up on ya.

Actually, HPA stands for High Pressure Air and Comp Air is short for compressed air.  They are essentially different names for the same thing.

Oh . . . and I get to make fun of you now, ammolord.  Big smile

(I'm assuming you didn't read the title correctly?)

(But I'm still going to taunt you unmercifully.)

Oh my gawd!  HPA is soooooo much better than comp air.

Please consider yourself taunted.

Edited by Mack - 14 April 2009 at 10:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 11:11pm
thanks guys.  i have another question, how much bigger is the HPA tank than a 20oz CO2 tank?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 12:20am
It depends on the pressure rating (in psi) and the capacity (in cu. in.) of the tank.  What are the specifications of the tank you are considering?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:56am

it comes in a package.  its 47ci and 300psi.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:18pm
I'm assuming that it is 47 cubic inches and 3000 psi as 300 psi is insufficient to operate a paintball marker for any length of time.  Not having handled one in a while, I seem to remember that being comparable in physical size to a 20 oz CO2 tank (maybe a hair smaller).  Either way it should be a bit lighter as well.  The bad news is that you are looking at only 400-500 shots out of that on most Tippmanns before it needs a refill.

Edit:  In case it hasn't been mentioned before, you should review the stickies in the various sections of the forum.  They cover a lot of information.

Edited by Mack - 15 April 2009 at 1:24pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I'm assuming that it is 47 cubic inches and 3000 psi as 300 psi is insufficient to operate a paintball marker for any length of time.  Not having handled one in a while, I seem to remember that being comparable in physical size to a 20 oz CO2 tank (maybe a hair smaller). 

I was going to comment, but figured I would wait for you to answer first. I put my 47ci next to my 20oz and with the regulator included in the length, they are nearly identical. The HPA is probably 1/2" or sod larger in diameter and yes the HPA is heavier.  The actual tank on the 47CI is smaller, but the regulator adds several inches.

I would post up a pic of the two along with a 72CI tank, but as usual, my wife has hidden the camera from me.
Grimm_Reaper_247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grimm_Reaper_247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:24pm

I'll see if I can pick up a HPA tank when I buy my A5, and put it next to my 20oz Co2 tank and take a couple pictures for you a little later on.

Paintball...Play long, Play hard. \m/(o_o)\m/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:45pm
thanks alot guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic