Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What does an APEX do on a lapco bigshot barrel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does an APEX do on a lapco bigshot barrel?
    Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:22pm
hey i was looking at upgrades and i saw a lapco bigshot with an apex ready tip "for trickshots" and i was just curious as to what exactly the apex does?  thanks in advance

Edited by $uperm@n_708 - 13 April 2009 at 9:58pm
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:53am
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYc6Wj4u0mg

Edited by StormyKnight - 14 April 2009 at 10:54am
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 11:25am
I would say the most commonly used feature of the Apex tip is the backspin. It produces a "Flatline effect" allowing the paintball to travel farther. The Bigshot is used to provide better accuracy, a feature the standard Apex can lack in.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

I would say the most commonly used feature of the Apex tip is the backspin. It produces a "Flatline effect" allowing the paintball to travel farther. The Bigshot is used to provide better accuracy, a feature the standard Apex can lack in.
I agree and disagree with the accuracy claim.  It is true, if you have the Apex tip turned off (neutral) your accuracy will be increased over the stock Apex barrel.  After you start using the settings on the Apex tip, the accuracy the Bigshot barrel grants you is lost.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic